Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 27 May 17, 05:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Jagroy
Earning More Ears

Access to FP+ at 60 days

I see that a number of dibbers who are staying off site have accessed FP+ at 60 days by booking one nights camping at Fort Wilderness.
I've searched via Google to find the correct site to enable me to do the same but cannot find one. All of the Disney sites offer rooms/cabins but no options for camping. I'm looking to book for August 1st.
Can someone help point me in the right direction please?

Also is it correct that your magic bands are included in that one night's rental charge? Seems too good to be true.
Jagroy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 May 17, 05:35 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

Go to the normal Disney site, then change your location in the header from English (UK) to English (USA) - this will allow you to see and book a single night at the campsites. I just tried on your date and was able to add a night to my cart (obviously didn't check out) without issue.

AFAIK, MBs are issued to all resort guests regardless of length of stay. For more than 1 adult, the campsite is cheaper than buying bands!

Edited at 05:37 PM.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 May 17, 06:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Jagroy
Earning More Ears

Thanks for such a speedy response.
Jagroy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 May 17, 05:22 PM  
Link to this Post
lam
VIP Dibber

Hmm.
I though the FP were linked to your ticket?
If not, then thats a VERY good idea. Never thought of that and it would solve a dilemma I have for next year as I will have an annual pass and will be staying in my dvc.
AP would only permit me to book at 30 day window for a max of 7 days FP's.
Not sure if being onsite at DVC entitles me to 60 days window?

If it does, I'm thinking I'll do 1st night at the POP before going to DVC (flight normally doesn't get in till late anyway). But not sure I'll get 14 days FP out of 1 night stay at POP with a DVC and AP?

Does anyone know?

3/01-Sheraton 4 Pts & WDW Contemporary.7/07-DLP Sequoia. 3/08-WDW Pop & POFQ. 7/08-DLP Sequoia.4/09, 3/10 & 4/11-WDW AKV, 7/11- Doubletree@Seaworld & AKV -03/12, 3/13- WDW AKV 8/14 [I]Cabana Bay,OKW & AKV.07/15-BVP,BLT & AKV07/17-POR,BLT & AKV.07/18-AKV-Jambo,Cabana Bay Beach, Beacon Hotel,New York..07/20TRIP CANCELLED- 10/21-Cheyenne,DLP-7/22-AKV, Coronado & Poly.12/23-AKV, POR,BLT &ASM
lam is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 May 17, 07:51 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by lam View Post
Hmm.
I though the FP were linked to your ticket?
If not, then thats a VERY good idea. Never thought of that and it would solve a dilemma I have for next year as I will have an annual pass and will be staying in my dvc.
AP would only permit me to book at 30 day window for a max of 7 days FP's.
Not sure if being onsite at DVC entitles me to 60 days window?

If it does, I'm thinking I'll do 1st night at the POP before going to DVC (flight normally doesn't get in till late anyway). But not sure I'll get 14 days FP out of 1 night stay at POP with a DVC and AP?

Does anyone know?
We stayed on points with annual passes last year and got FP+ at 60 days. Staying on site overrides everything else.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 May 17, 02:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Wongadotcom
Earning More Ears

So are we saying you book 1 night camping at Fort Wilderness, say 1st august and you can then book fastpasses at 60 days, but for how long, just one day or for the next 3 weeks, seems to good to be true?, do you have to actually turn up as well?
Wongadotcom is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 May 17, 09:47 PM  
Link to this Post
lam
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Hollie04 View Post
We stayed on points with annual passes last year and got FP+ at 60 days. Staying on site overrides everything else.
Thanks for this.
Does that mean I can still only pre book FP's for 7 days with the AP?
I can do so at 60 day window though.

I can live with that!

Thanks

3/01-Sheraton 4 Pts & WDW Contemporary.7/07-DLP Sequoia. 3/08-WDW Pop & POFQ. 7/08-DLP Sequoia.4/09, 3/10 & 4/11-WDW AKV, 7/11- Doubletree@Seaworld & AKV -03/12, 3/13- WDW AKV 8/14 [I]Cabana Bay,OKW & AKV.07/15-BVP,BLT & AKV07/17-POR,BLT & AKV.07/18-AKV-Jambo,Cabana Bay Beach, Beacon Hotel,New York..07/20TRIP CANCELLED- 10/21-Cheyenne,DLP-7/22-AKV, Coronado & Poly.12/23-AKV, POR,BLT &ASM
lam is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 May 17, 09:50 PM  
Link to this Post
lam
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Wongadotcom View Post
So are we saying you book 1 night camping at Fort Wilderness, say 1st august and you can then book fastpasses at 60 days, but for how long, just one day or for the next 3 weeks, seems to good to be true?, do you have to actually turn up as well?
I think it means you can book FP at the 60 day window and for how long depends on your tix.
SO say you were off-site with 14 day ult tix.
If you book 1 night at FW campsite, this allows you to prebook 14 days based on your tix at the 60 day window.

a 21 day ult ticket would allow you to book 21 days FP's in advance

Old 30 May 17, 12:28 AM  
Link to this Post
sammykitten
Imagineer

Originally Posted by lam View Post
I think it means you can book FP at the 60 day window and for how long depends on your tix.
SO say you were off-site with 14 day ult tix.
If you book 1 night at FW campsite, this allows you to prebook 14 days based on your tix at the 60 day window.

a 21 day ult ticket would allow you to book 21 days FP's in advance
yes, but you can't book all your FPs for your 14 days all at once - you can book your FPs at 60 days for your onsite check-in and checkout dates, and then you can book, one day at a time, 60 days before (so a rolling 60 days if you will), for the rest of the validity of your park tickets linked to your MDE.

It works - I did it 2 years ago and loads of people do it every year, and if you actually turn up and check in you get magicbands included too at no extra charge, for all of your party booked into the onsite accommodation.
sammykitten is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 May 17, 12:43 PM  
Link to this Post
amarooney
VIP Dibber

amarooney's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
in addition to your Magic Bands you will get two free days parking so in effect you campsite booking costs are countered by the benefits you receive.

2 days to go (three more sleeps)
amarooney is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List