Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 31 May 17, 01:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Ciano
Imagineer

Ciano's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by coggie View Post
I would imagine it will have quietened down a little by then... with this week having Memorial Day in it places were always going to be busier
I hope so too! We have tickets so we will go expecting the worst! Hopefully we will be pleasantly surprised!
Old 31 May 17, 01:21 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by jenlou View Post
In light of this, has anyone noticed that the other water parks have been quieter since opened? May be too early too tell and I am just wishful thinking!
We were at Typhoon yesterday and it was very quiet, was nice 😊
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 May 17, 06:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by PhilNUK View Post
There is an excellent kids water play area and no need to queue... Has kids slides and bridges etc...

We went on two rides designed for up to 5 people.. These were great fun and we had a fairly lengthy wait... If the virtual queue was all the queue was then great... But when you get called to the ride on the band you have to wait a further lengthy time on top which ruins it for me personally
Good news about the kids area but we won't be able to stand in line for long so if it's going to be longer than 20 mins or so we won't ride it 😰
She hypo's with no warning in the heat and at water parks we can't queue with her kit
Floridatilly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 May 17, 06:33 PM  
Link to this Post
ely3857
Imagineer

Mobile

It's all a bit of a shame.

We've watched the building of VB (via YouTube) and at no stage did it ever look ready to be opened. This was confirmed by TimTracker who said it was going to be finished a month after opening day. All this meant was even though safety testing had been done the park hadn't had any soft opening to really test it's weak spots and get rid of a few die-hard visitors who would have already been and gone by the time official opening swung around.

The Tapu-Tapu isn't explained massively well either, due to it's similarity to FP/Express Pass it's easy to see where the confusion comes from and obviously Universal are not going to really stress that it isn't a FP band!

All in all, it will settle down and the kinks will be iron out, people will figure Tapu-Tapu out and the park will be fantastic. Until then, visit at your own risk!
Old 31 May 17, 06:34 PM  
Link to this Post
ely3857
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Floridatilly View Post
Good news about the kids area but we won't be able to stand in line for long so if it's going to be longer than 20 mins or so we won't ride it 😰
She hypo's with no warning in the heat and at water parks we can't queue with her kit
We've extensively researched Runamukka Reef and it's 48"/122cm max. Our eldest is 7 and 130cm... (also type1). There's stuff online saying it was expected Runamukka Reef would be aimed at 5-12yr olds with the tots but for pre-schoolers but all the signs say 48" max.

Edited at 06:36 PM.
ely3857 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 May 17, 07:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Darthmickey
Getting Excited

Mobile

Originally Posted by robertgreen99 View Post
this sounds like hell! 6 hour wait and then you have to queue for 45-60 min! just for a water ride! i suppose this is because its just opened.
This^^^^ sounds like a complete nightmare and clearly the system is flawed! No chance Id waste a day at volcano bay to have one ride!
Darthmickey is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 May 17, 07:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Darthmickey
Getting Excited

Mobile

Originally Posted by ely3857 View Post
It's all a bit of a shame.

We've watched the building of VB (via YouTube) and at no stage did it ever look ready to be opened. This was confirmed by TimTracker who said it was going to be finished a month after opening day. All this meant was even though safety testing had been done the park hadn't had any soft opening to really test it's weak spots and get rid of a few die-hard visitors who would have already been and gone by the time official opening swung around.

The Tapu-Tapu isn't explained massively well either, due to it's similarity to FP/Express Pass it's easy to see where the confusion comes from and obviously Universal are not going to really stress that it isn't a FP band!

All in all, it will settle down and the kinks will be iron out, people will figure Tapu-Tapu out and the park will be fantastic. Until then, visit at your own risk!
Do you think it will settle down? I'm not so sure, is not a case that every single person in the park is now queuing for a ride (even if they won't ride themselves they will pass their band to friends/family) where as at other parks maybe max 50% of people are ever queuing? I'm not sure how or why that would ever change! I certainly hope it does but I think tapu tapu is massively flawed.
Darthmickey is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 May 17, 08:37 PM  
Link to this Post
SavaSnoopy
Helping Minnie

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 3
So if someone books a Cabanna at VB I know that they have a iPad like screen to see all the ride virtual queues and they can then enter the line without having to be there. My question is can you via this method enter more than one line or is it still only a queue for one line at a time?

If you could be in more than one line it could be a deal maker for me when I go
SavaSnoopy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 May 17, 08:49 PM  
Link to this Post
sarahc
VIP Dibber

sarahc's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5
We were at Aquatica yesterday and didn't wait longer than 10 mins for anything! We're avoiding VB for at least a year.

Edited at 08:51 PM.
sarahc is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 May 17, 09:00 PM  
Link to this Post
papasmurf
Imagineer

Mobile

We were planning to go to vb in a few weeks. I hate queues so will probably give it a miss now especially as it means bb and tl will be quieter.
papasmurf is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List