Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 9 Jun 17, 11:20 AM  
Link to this Post
Teesside23
Excited about Disney

Agree. Don't try and cram in both in. Last time we went ( last year) we did just Disney and that was plenty. We had a enjoyable time. The time before we did the same with Universal and Seaworld Parks. It about having fun ...
Teesside23 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jun 17, 11:55 AM  
Link to this Post
dippiedawnie
Imagineer

We are just doing Disney this year which we are all a bit reluctant to do but the Universal costs are just too much on top of everything else. However, we have said we will plan our holiday and if all goes to plan and we get stuff done we may go for a day near the end if we have any money left!

WDW too many times to count
DL 1999
Paris 1996
dippiedawnie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jun 17, 12:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Squidgyness
Very Serious Dibber

It's funny, this year we are doing the flipped version of what most people do - I'm getting 14 day Universal and SeaWorld tickets and 2 day disney tickets. Doing AK and EPCOT but otherwise not enough time to do any more disney parks, as tickets only work out cheaper if doing 4+ days at disney.

I can totally see why people wouldn't want to pay the 1 day cost for universal. It's crazy when you can get 14 day park-to-park passes for £241.

I'm sure the OP has made up their mind by now but for anyone else with doubts, I'll add my cap into the "do 1 trip disney focused and wait till kids are a bit older and do 1 trip universal focused" camp. This year its all about getting US and SeaWorld done properly for us. You can't really do that in a day or two, imo.
96/98/03/06/09 - Offsite Kissimmee/I-Drive
17/18 - Universal RPR
Squidgyness is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jun 17, 08:35 AM  
Link to this Post
happytraveller
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Squidgyness View Post
It's funny, this year we are doing the flipped version of what most people do - I'm getting 14 day Universal and SeaWorld tickets and 2 day disney tickets. Doing AK and EPCOT but otherwise not enough time to do any more disney parks, as tickets only work out cheaper if doing 4+ days at disney.

I can totally see why people wouldn't want to pay the 1 day cost for universal. It's crazy when you can get 14 day park-to-park passes for £241.

I'm sure the OP has made up their mind by now but for anyone else with doubts, I'll add my cap into the "do 1 trip disney focused and wait till kids are a bit older and do 1 trip universal focused" camp. This year its all about getting US and SeaWorld done properly for us. You can't really do that in a day or two, imo.
Similar to us! 2 weeks universal and maybe, a one day ticket to Disney. This year, for us, it's all about costs! Op, I would stick with just wdw You will have more than enough to do and a fantastic time.
happytraveller is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jun 17, 08:54 AM  
Link to this Post
mikeclark007
Serious Dibber

mikeclark007's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Me and the wife have just had 10 nights there with our 4 year old. We hit MK twice / AK three times / Epcot twice and HS twice and saw nearly everything at a leisurely pace including a day at each of the water parks.

My lad was just tall enough to scrape onto the ride heights at 40" so we were delighted. Universal would have been a waste as there would be hardly anything for him to do that wouldn't have restricted us. We plan on doing both when he's taller or in 2020 - whichever comes first 😁
mikeclark007 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jun 17, 09:29 AM  
Link to this Post
Cha cha
Imagineer

Mobile

I agree I'd def make the most of Disney while your kids are still young. Soooo much to do & leave Universal until another year. 😊
Cha cha is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jun 17, 08:01 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyBride08
Apprentice Imagineer

We added Universal into our plans even though we will have a 3 year old and 7 year old that probably won't get that much out of our time there.

I was itching to see the Harry Potter stuff and this will be my husbands 4th time back and it will be the first time he has been. My second time. We can't do Disney that often so are looking at this trip as we won't be back for a while. We were also very lucky and got a PPI payment to cover the cost of Universal.

I must say though we like taking things slow at Disney with the kids and I found it hard to fit everything in now that I am loosing days to universal

1996 WDW Offsite / 2001 DLP HNY / 2002 WDW ASM / 2004 DLP NB / 2008 Our Wedding Trip WDW POFQ & GF / 2009 - WDW CSR / 2010 DLP with bump! NB / 2012 WDW AKL / 2013 DLP HC

Our 2017 return DCL / BC / Universal HRH Vlogs
DisneyBride08 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jun 17, 08:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Dendycat
VIP Dibber

Dendycat's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Restaurant Reviews: 23
We went in 2015 and just did Disney. We're going next year and will include universal but we don't do it every time just as it is so expensive. If it is your first visit there will be more than enough to keep you busy. Over 14 days you can cover everything without being too stressed and rushed.
Old 10 Jun 17, 08:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney1195
Earning More Ears

Mobile

We went two years ago and spent two weeks in Disney never got bored and still struggled to fit it all in we then had a week at universal this year we are just doing two weeks at Disney and even just planning I'm struggling to fit everything my four boys want to do in remember you want to enjoy and not feel rushed it is your holiday
Disney1195 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jun 17, 09:44 PM  
Link to this Post
k4tiemay
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

We've also ditched Universal this trip because of cost. A little part of me is feeling regretful however. HP is wonderful; I loved every second of i. I think anyone who is a fan will love it. I could happily skip the rest of Universal though, whilst there are enjoyable parts it didn't have the Disney style magic for me.
k4tiemay is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List