Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 23 Aug 17, 10:04 PM  
Link to this Post
grinner82
Imagineer

grinner82's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 14

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 19
Guidebook Photos: 83
Guidebook Reviews: 10
I look at it in this way, pretty much as I did when I used to be on school holidays. if I get up 2 hours earlier, 7 instead of 9, in a 2 week period thats 28 hours or 2 full extra days there!
Old 23 Aug 17, 11:17 PM  
Link to this Post
scoobydooby
VIP Dibber

Mobile

6am. The teenagers struggle now sonwe have to let them sleep in every third day. Irritatingly 😉
Old 23 Aug 17, 11:38 PM  
Link to this Post
macadoo
Imagineer

Mobile

We never suffer with waking too early and if we didn't set the alarm we wouldn't get up til probably 9 ish. Each time we go we do less and less rope drops (due to having 1 teen who struggles to get up, the other teen is always first up) this year we did 2 8am emh and probably another 3 9am rope drops. So earliest we were up was 6.45. Other days we would be up
About 7.45/ 8am. We always leave in the afternoon to swim or whatever then go back to a park til close. We haven't spent a whole day in a park for years.
macadoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 17, 02:15 AM  
Link to this Post
Maryj
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

We wake early the first couple of days but then it gets later. We have a 10 yr old we need to prise out of her bed in the mornings. This is our 11th visit and we have never made rope drop.
At home I get up at 6.15am and leave the house at 7am to go to work. In Orlando we get up around 8ish but it takes until nearly 10am to get out the door to go to the parks.
Maryj is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 17, 06:31 AM  
Link to this Post
Smilesonfaces
Imagineer

Smilesonfaces's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
At home 3 of us are up for 6 for work. DD 12 is a nightmare and has to be dragged out of bed. DH likes to sleep in at weekend but DS and I are earlier risers even at weekends. On holiday though even DD and DH are up early. I like to get up about 6 because I like to have an hour on my own before everyone appears. DS will be up but keeps in his room until DD and DH are up at about 7. I was surprised last year that we were up and out by 9 most days. Who wants to lounge in bed when Disneyworld is outside !
Smilesonfaces is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 17, 06:50 AM  
Link to this Post

My body insisted on the ungodly hour of 4am ... every morning!

Could not sleep past that for love nor money.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 17, 07:08 AM  
Link to this Post
cartoonp
VIP Dibber

cartoonp's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 14

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Guidebook Photos: 45
Guidebook Reviews: 1
For many years I was up very early 2 to 3 am know my body clock still wakes me up at the same time where ever I am uk Florida Vegas etc of course know I do not get up that early. I do get up around 5 am on holiday .
cartoonp is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 17, 07:16 AM  
Link to this Post
Laura_<3
Imagineer

Laura_<3's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 13

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 249
Mobile

First few days is 5am then usually around 6am the rest of the holiday. I've never been one to lie in, even at home.
Old 24 Aug 17, 07:56 AM  
Link to this Post
waiting4disney
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Bayshore View Post
I'm here now, nearly 11 am and a 7 & 9 year old still asleep after a park day yesterday.

I'm another poster that shudders reading the times people get up at. Even on the first morning, we all slept til after 8am.
Wow that's impressive.

We are up at 6am every day with our little one 😴
Old 24 Aug 17, 09:16 AM  
Link to this Post
ERICSMUM
Imagineer

I'm odd as I don't spend most of the holiday at the various parks. I get up when I wake up, no alarm clock 😱. In practice this is about 4am on the first morning (LOL !) gets later the next few days and by the 5th day it's a leisurely 8-8.30.
ERICSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List