Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 7 Nov 17, 01:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Conno
Very Serious Dibber

What a subjective question to ask to help draw up your plans. Everyone is different. I'd dismiss every suggestion in the thread - do them all, and make your own mind up.
Conno is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Nov 17, 02:00 PM  
Link to this Post

Hope I'm not hijacking, we're there at Christmas too, for a first time trip. I've got these booked on FP are there any I should take out & what to replace them? Or are they a safe bet and just standby other things.
  • Big Thunder Mountain Railroad x3
  • DINOSAUR
  • Expedition Everest - Legend of the Forbidden Mountain x 2
  • For the First Time in Forever: A Frozen Sing-Along Celebration
  • Frozen Ever After
  • Haunted Mansion
  • Kilimanjaro Safaris
  • Na'vi River Journey
  • Pirates of the Caribbean x 2
  • RELAUNCHED! Mission: SPACE
  • Rock 'n' Roller Coaster Starring Aerosmith
  • Seven Dwarfs Mine Train
  • Space Mountain
  • Spaceship Earth
  • Splash Mountain
  • Star Tours – The Adventures Continue
  • The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror™ x 2
  • Toy Story Mania!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Nov 17, 02:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Leelsisy
Excited about Disney

SuperK - we are also there at Christmas! - your list of rides looks great and personally I wouldn't change any of them :-)

Edit to add: well, I wouldn't do Tower of Terror again (I'm a wimp!) but agree you should do it at least once!

Edited at 02:07 PM.
Leelsisy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Nov 17, 02:29 PM  
Link to this Post
curlysue2
Apprentice Imagineer

Super K you've pretty much got everything covered and nothing to change as far as I am concerned. Have a great time.
curlysue2 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Nov 17, 02:44 PM  
Link to this Post

Thanks. We've DD12 & DD13 so generally the bigger rides are what we're after. We did DLP a few years ago and I've memories of how big the queues were for Peter Pan and the Teacups so at least we'll be able to give those a miss.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Nov 17, 02:44 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

I agree SuperK you have got the rides with long stand by queues covered with fast passes.

One's I wouldn't do again but must try once (although not if there is a long queue!) Are Barnstormer (30 minutes queueing for the shortest, most uninspiring ride ever) and Stitch's Great Escape (just really weird! But I think you should experience it just to see how bad it is 😀 ). Although I know this ride is closing so not sure if it's still open now (not one I will miss 😊 )
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Nov 17, 03:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by curlysue2 View Post
in fairness there are a lot of rides at Disney that I think are meh but saying that if I could get on them all quickly and easily then I would ride them.
Yeah, there are a number of "average" attractions that aren't great but do typically have short queues and so are worth seeing. Carousel of Progress comes to mind.

Originally Posted by geoffa View Post
I don't know about not doing but one that has never appealled, and to this day we have never been on it ,is Tomorrowland Speedway (known by other names in other parks).
Up until I took my daughter on it I would've agreed with you. But then we went on it - she steered whilst I controlled the pedals (she was too small to reach them, bless her) - and we had a great time and lots of fun. It's not the best ride by a long way but I do now have a fondness for it.

It does help if you can hold your breath whilst in the loading area.

Originally Posted by Conno View Post
What a subjective question to ask to help draw up your plans. Everyone is different. I'd dismiss every suggestion in the thread - do them all, and make your own mind up.
To be fair, if no one ever asked any subjective questions to help them plan then the DIBB would be very quiet.

SuperK - your list looks pretty good.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~

Edited at 03:04 PM.
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Nov 17, 03:14 PM  
Link to this Post
blades
VIP Dibber

My wife makes me go on "it's a small world" every time we go as it's a family tradition - the only positive is I get loads of pics and put them on my mates Facebook as he's not the tallest of people in the world so it's a bit of a comedy ride for us
blades is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Nov 17, 03:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Cazzius
Apprentice Imagineer

I'd skip the Country Bears Jamboree in Magic Kingdom. We only did it for a sit down in the air con.
I'd also skip the Flying Carperts in Adventureland, Dumbo in Fantasyland/Storybook Circus and the Astro Orbiter rockets as they are all almost the same ride and not really a unique to style Disney.

Epcot - We loved Mission:Space and did Orange Mission twice. I think it just depends on the individual if it makes you feel ropey. Funnily enough, we were both fine of this but The Simpsons at Universal made us both feel a bit odd.

I'd skip the Nemo puppet show at Animal Kingdom as it's about half an hour long. We did it for sit down and air con, but we both hate Nemo (and Dory) so that may have influenced our enjoyment!

First Time Floribobs (The Irma Remix) - WDW trip report *Complete*
While The Cat's Away, The Caz Will Play With The Mouse - Solo DLP Trip Report
Cazzius is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Nov 17, 03:32 PM  
Link to this Post
BoxOfFrogs
VIP Dibber

BoxOfFrogs's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Nimbus: Up until I took my daughter on it I would've agreed with you. But then we went on it - she steered whilst I controlled the pedals (she was too small to reach them, bless her) - and we had a great time and lots of fun. It's not the best ride by a long way but I do now have a fondness for it.

I hate the ride but we also had a moment, I think my youngest was about 5, I was videoing the car ride, we are pulling into the finish and she looks up at the camera and says "can we do it again?" its the single best piece of video I have ever taken and although we don't go on it, it will always have a place in my heart