Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 22 Nov 17, 02:29 PM  
Link to this Post

I don't tackle everybody but if you're parking in a disabled bay and you have no badge you better have a darn good reason for it. I always ask first.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Nov 17, 02:31 PM  
Link to this Post

I have been known myself to forget to put my badge out so am fully aware that I look like a scammer myself, seeings as my disability is invisible. So don't assume I am assuming.
Old 22 Nov 17, 02:41 PM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

We are on the same side you know !
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Nov 17, 03:14 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by duchy View Post
We are on the same side you know !
I know I just hate scammers who make it harder for us you know. I'm not a vigilante but it does make me cross when they abuse the system. What we wouldn't give to not have to use it ourselves and they take the mick
Old 22 Nov 17, 06:14 PM  
Link to this Post
JoS
Imagineer

Originally Posted by amandajane10 View Post
Having a wheelchair now does not automatically get you a Das as it doesn't stop you having to queue so anyone using this to get a DAS these days might be disappointed.
I know thats why I said it was under the old system and am glad it has now changed. I was making the point that they got the wheelchair, just to queue jump. Who would go to those lengths!
JoS is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Nov 17, 06:20 PM  
Link to this Post
keith1973
Imagineer

Originally Posted by duchy View Post
So how do you know if someone has an invisible disability just by looking at them ? You're making a judgement based on your own opinions which aren't fully informed. They can't be if these people you want to confront so readily are strangers. Clue is in the wording "invisible". <sigh>

I can usually identify autism even in it's milder forms to the point people are surprised that I knew without been told but other invisible disabilities I may not pick up on . I certainly don't claim I can be certain who is a scumbag and who is a genuine case just by looking at them. I'm intrigued that you believe you can with such certainty that you'd be happy to confront them. That's an awful lot of hurt caused if you get it wrong

Isn’t that what the badge is for no badge no right it makes me sick when people with no right to park in disability bays when they have no rights to.
Old 22 Nov 17, 06:20 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Jaspercat10 View Post
Really naughty things like that make my blood boil 😡

It's beyond naughty, it's disgusting and a truly horrible thing to do.

To pretend aka LIE that your child has a serious condition in order to basically queue jump is appalling.

Slightly off topic, has anyone else noticed how many wheelchairs are left abandoned each night in the car parks when the parks close?

I'm coming to the conclusion WDW is like Lourdes...
Don't you have to leave deposits for them which you only get when you return them?
Old 22 Nov 17, 07:14 PM  
Link to this Post
angelbabe
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mike230652 View Post
It's beyond naughty, it's disgusting and a truly horrible thing to do.
It really is despicable
angelbabe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Nov 17, 07:29 PM  
Link to this Post
cartoonp
VIP Dibber

cartoonp's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 14

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Guidebook Photos: 45
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Reading though this brought back a incedent from a few years ago . I was at pop century and for those of you who knows the resort I was sitting out at the bus 🚌 stops where the Disney. buses stop ✋ I was where my partner and I where just talking I saw a boy around 13 on a mobility scooter about 10 feet behind where 2 women I heard one say to the other oh I not disabled I just let my boy next word I will not post as it a swear word begging with f about on it then when we wrapt to catch a bus I will just ride it and get on the bus . I was shocked and disgusted with this there people out there who are genuine and there are these people who just abuse the system .
cartoonp is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Nov 17, 07:33 PM  
Link to this Post
amandajane10
Imagineer

amandajane10's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 3
I just had this tonight. Went to park in the Church Schools car park in the disabled space like we always do and there were 2 cars parked in them neither with badges. 1 of them the ex vicar wife unloading her Weight Watchers stuff for the church!Grrr
Villa Holiday May 2018
Planning Easter 2020
amandajane10 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List