Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 15 Jan 18, 10:02 AM  
Link to this Post
Cinderellabella
Excited about Disney

Mobile Magic Kingdom 6pm closing in August?

So the one night me and my daughter were going to have a girls night at MK on 24th August as boys will be going to the football - it’s down as closing at 6pm. Anyone know why?

In fact the 2 weeks we are there has a number of nights at 6pm finish 😡
Cinderellabella is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jan 18, 10:03 AM  
Link to this Post
NewtoOrlando
VIP Dibber

NewtoOrlando's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

I'd say it's highly likely that it will be a MNSSHP night.

Miami/CBR/RPR/Bahama Bay Aug 16
Deerfield Beach/HRH/POFQ/Contemporary/Westridge - Aug 18
New York - Westin Grand Central - Nov 18
Disneyland Paris - Hotel Cheyenne - Dec 18
All Star Sport/POFQ/Aylesbury Villa/Deerfield Beach - Oct 19
Miami/Hard Rock hotel/Pop Century/Legacy Park Dibb Villa - Aug 2022

Saratoga Springs/Rosen Plaza - Dec 2024
NewtoOrlando is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jan 18, 10:12 AM  
Link to this Post
macadoo
Imagineer

Mobile

Annoying isn’t it, more money grabbing by Disney celebrating Halloween in August. If we do go when we’re hoping 21 aug to 5 sept there will be 4 Halloween parties and 6pm closings while we’re there (assuming they don’t add some extra ones on early September). Result will be even busier MK on the non party evenings.
macadoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jan 18, 10:19 AM  
Link to this Post
Cinderellabella
Excited about Disney

Mobile

We bought magic your way tickets and went for an extra day for my daughter and I so we could go to MK.

Yes so annoying and didn’t think the Halloween parties would have started that early.

I’m sure it didn’t affect any plans 2 years ago when we went last 2 weeks in August
Cinderellabella is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jan 18, 10:22 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Mobile

It's a pure cash grab.
Seems to be everything, and accelerating at a frightening rate.
This is mainly because when the economy is good, the Americans will spend silly money.
For example, someone just was on Facebook I saw extolling the virtues of a $250 (plus tax) VIP experience in AK. This involved jumping to the front of a few queues and a $20 in the new canteen in Pandora. It would cost over $1000 for a family of 4.
Same with the paid for Fastpass, that will be rolled out to the detriment of the average punter.
Now Halloween in August and by all accounts they sell so many tickets queues are now nearly as long as a standard day.
Same with food, ever increasing prices and diminishing quality.
Unfortunately it will only get worse now until there is a recession, as a decision has been made to milk the cash cow any way possible. Get used to the 'standard' punter being the second class customer if Disney can make more money at your expense.
Rant over.
Old 15 Jan 18, 10:49 AM  
Link to this Post
macadoo
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Cinderellabella View Post
We bought magic your way tickets and went for an extra day for my daughter and I so we could go to MK.

Yes so annoying and didn’t think the Halloween parties would have started that early.

I’m sure it didn’t affect any plans 2 years ago when we went last 2 weeks in August
I remember there being one 2 years ago right at the very end of August just before we were coming home. Last year and this, they have brought it forward a week and having 2 a week 🙁 .
macadoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jan 18, 11:26 AM  
Link to this Post
halloweenbaby2
VIP Dibber

As with everything some it will suit others it won't. For us I'm really hoping it is an early party. We've been a few times to the party and they turned out to be some of our best evenings of our holiday.
My children's school go back earlier than ever this year and we thought we'd miss MNSSHP, but now it looks as though we can go - which makes us really happy.
halloweenbaby2 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jan 18, 11:44 AM  
Link to this Post
Lucyjane45xxx
Imagineer

Will be MNSSHP
They were on at the end of August last year too.
"The Superfan & The Skeptic" - Trip Report Index Here
Lucyjane45xxx is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jan 18, 12:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Bal
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Cinderellabella View Post
So the one night me and my daughter were going to have a girls night at MK on 24th August as boys will be going to the football - it’s down as closing at 6pm. Anyone know why?

In fact the 2 weeks we are there has a number of nights at 6pm finish 😡
It will be MNSSHP

Unfortunately that means the park will start to get a lot busier from 4pm as well.

Personally I think it's ridiculous. Not least as they actually carry on beyond Halloween now as well! Our plans were disrupted last year by MNSSHP in November.

Would you prefer a night time experience? If so, you could see if you are able to change your DMY tickets to MNSSHP tickets and enter the park from 4pm, see all the fireworks and parades etc. Could be fun! Or are you able to move to another day?

Edited at 12:23 PM.
Bal is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jan 18, 12:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Cinderellabella
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by Bal View Post
It will be MNSSHP

Unfortunately that means the park will start to get a lot busier from 4pm as well.

Personally I think it's ridiculous. Not least as they actually carry on beyond Halloween now as well! Our plans were disrupted last year by MNSSHP in November.

Would you prefer a night time experience? If so, you could see if you are able to change your DMY tickets to MNSSHP tickets and enter the park from 4pm, see all the fireworks and parades etc. Could be fun! Or are you able to move to another day?

Orlando city playing at home that night any my son loved the game last time he went, so plan to go again this year so me and daughter wanted to go to MK which is her favourite.

Options now look like will have to see if can reduce days on Disney ticket and buy Halloween tickets or go to another park