Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 17 Jan 18, 06:47 PM  
Link to this Post
sam7
Imagineer

[QUOTE=Bal;13024558]

We are sort of. I've nothing against the parties per se. All I was saying was I have a lot of sympathy with people going in August who probably didn't factor in a Halloween party in summer more than 2 months ahead of the actual event, especially where they don't have much flexibility.

We certainly didn't expect this - far from it, I sort of hoped there would still be a few late nights for Magic Kingdom for all guests.
sam7 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 18, 06:57 PM  
Link to this Post
ziggyzag
Imagineer

We are not doing Disney this year, but we are out there at the time of the alleged Halloween parties. We went last year to the first one held on the 25th August ( even though we had 14 day tickets) If there is one on the 24th of August we may go, not for the candy or the shows/parades but to do the rides, we didn't actually enjoy the party that much last year, it was frankly dangerous in places after the fireworks/hocus pocus shows and crowd control was lacking and how people weren't crushed I don't know, if we go this year will be avoiding all of that and just do the rides especially if we can get the tickets for £49 (I think attraction tickets sold them for that? )
ziggyzag is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jan 18, 08:16 AM  
Link to this Post
WhereIBelong
Imagineer

You know the way people on here keep saying "the last 2 weeks of August are a little bit quieter" - this is why Disney add in parties - they don't want that.
WhereIBelong is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jan 18, 01:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by Bal View Post
Equally, I don't agree that Disney's main driver is meeting a customer need. It's about figuring out how to re-utilise their existing resources to make more money. To that end, I believe we will see more and more creep - more events, more nights, more parks.
By "more parks" I assume you mean more events/parties at the other parks? Because more parks would be great!

(And, sorry to repeat myself, I didn't say it was to meet a customer need. Disney make them available and then guests want to visit them. If guests didn't want them, Disney wouldn't make more money. Disney will indeed put on more events on more nights as time goes on - as long as people want them and pay for them)

I agree with what you're saying, albeit I have a less negative spin on what they are doing. You're right that they want to make more money with what they've got. Disney have always wanted to make more money with what they've got and that shouldn't really be a surprise to anyone. It's why they introduced the specially themed parties in the first place, after all. It's not because they want to make the park more "magical", even if that's what their marketing might say.

In the meantime, we're also getting more lands in the parks, newer attractions, and more hours at some of the other parks. One or two steps forward for every one step back. You call it creep, I call it change.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~

Edited at 01:24 PM.
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jan 18, 01:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by sam7 View Post
We certainly didn't expect this - far from it, I sort of hoped there would still be a few late nights for Magic Kingdom for all guests.
Magic Kingdom is still open late for all guests on most of the nights.

With regards to August, at the moment MK only closes at 6pm on 3 nights. If you are visiting for 2 weeks in August then there will still be at least 11 nights out of 14 when the parties aren't on and when the park is open later.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jan 18, 01:38 PM  
Link to this Post
chmurf
Imagineer

Originally Posted by sam7 View Post
well, as previously answered, those nights with parties are fridays and tuesdays. Both days would normally be avoided by *knowledgable guests* (we all are here, right ? )

so this is really not taking anything from *us* (dibbers) and on the contrary it gives us opportunity to have extra content (sure, at extra price), late night MK, on days *we* would not have gone to that park anyway...

last year in August, MK closed at 10pm on every night except 2 MNSSHPs, and had EMH on wednesdays (not impacted by MNSSHPs)

MK remains the theme park with the latest closing time in the orlando area on all days except for 3 ...
chmurf is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jan 18, 03:37 PM  
Link to this Post
mattyped
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

I think the gates close to new entrants at 6 but if you're inside the park you have till 7 if you're queuing or eating.
mattyped is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jan 18, 03:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by chmurf View Post
well, as previously answered, those nights with parties are fridays and tuesdays. Both days would normally be avoided by *knowledgable guests* (we all are here, right ? )
Having said that, anyone who isn't planning on staying late at MK and isn't bothered with seeing the fireworks would be advised to visit on these days. That's because the park is often slightly quieter before 4 or 5pm on party days. So, between 9am to 4pm on Tuesdays and Fridays is a good time to visit.

Obviously, if someone wants to see the fireworks and hasn't got a party ticket (or wants to stay at the park for more than 9 hours) then they'll need to visit on one of the other days.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Old 18 Jan 18, 05:58 PM  
Link to this Post
chmurf
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Nimbus View Post
Having said that, anyone who isn't planning on staying late at MK and isn't bothered with seeing the fireworks would be advised to visit on these days. That's because the park is often slightly quieter before 4 or 5pm on party days. So, between 9am to 4pm on Tuesdays and Fridays is a good time to visit.
you're absolutely right. and that's why it's not totally honest to cry about the parties lessening the opportunities for those who don't go

The early closing and the lack of nightime show) will keep away quite a lot of guests (those without hopper mainly)
The party days are usually very quiet before the party guests are let in

so, for those with hopper, or ultimates, the parties will give them a lower attendance day, and turn a "least recommended" day at MK into a "you should really visit in the morning" MK day

in the end it's a win-win for everyone, as long as you're willing to be flexible ...
chmurf is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List