Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 16 Feb 18, 08:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney Planning
Imagineer

Restaurants where you can pay before you go

We are booking to go at Christmas and my daughter's boyfriend may be coming with us. To try and help pay for some things before we go can you think of anywhere where you prepay when you book or get gift cards that I can buy?

The only thing I can think of is something like Hoop de Hoop. Any ideas?

Thanks Samantha
Disney Planning is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Feb 18, 08:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Smilesonfaces
Imagineer

Smilesonfaces's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Do you not think you are restricting yourselves doing this. I would say best to put the cash on to a pre pay card to use for meals. Having said that we did buy a half price groupon for cicis pizza. We also pre bought the all day dining deals for Seaworld and Busch Gardens.
Smilesonfaces is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Feb 18, 08:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Dr.JumbaJookiba
VIP Dibber

Why not just load $$$ onto a separate currency card? You can save up that way and spend it on whatever you want when you are there.
Dr.JumbaJookiba is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Feb 18, 08:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Wee_Red
Imagineer

Wee_Red's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Sign up to Groupon Orlando and keep an eye on their offers - you get invites for things such as $10 Starbucks/Burger King for Ł5. You can definitely purchase gift cards for restaurants such as Olive Garden and Miller's Ale House.
Wee_Red is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Feb 18, 09:13 PM  
Link to this Post
princess allie
VIP Dibber

You can also buy eGift cards from amazon.com for various restaurants. They start at $25 and go up in $5 amounts. They send them to you almost immediately via email and you just need to print it out. We buy a few of these and get some offers off Groupon and Travelzoo. I personally prefer to have the gift cards than extra money on a card etc., I then keep the paperwork in a folder in the car glove compartment, so they are always to hand when we fancy something to eat.

1998 Villa in Kissimmee 2009 Animal Kingdom Lodge 2011 Animal Kingdom Lodge 2014 Villa Lake Berkeley 2016 Villa Bass Lakes 2017 Villa on Solana and Vero Beach 2018 Villa on Highlands Reserve and St Pete Beach 2019 SLC, Cabana Bay, Highlands Reserve & Coronado Springs, 2020 Feb half term villa chilling. 2022 villa on Calabay Park and a trip Clearwater beach. 2023 Orlando and Clearwater
princess allie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Feb 18, 09:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney Planning
Imagineer

Thanks. That's a good idea to have a separate card to load up. I didn't mean for every day that I wanted to pre pay, but thought if I could do a few it would help out.
Disney Planning is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Feb 18, 09:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney Planning
Imagineer

The gift cards are good too, I wasn't sure about buying them from the UK

Edited at 09:21 PM.
Old 16 Feb 18, 09:48 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
We’ve previously bought Hard Rock Cafe meal deals however they’ve increased in price by quite a way and we didn’t like being stuck to the limited menu last year. We got them from Floridatix if you want to have a look.

Trip Report Index

Edited at 10:17 PM.
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Feb 18, 10:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney Planning
Imagineer

Originally Posted by sha9 View Post
We’ve previously bought Hard Rock Cafe meal deals however they’ve increased in price by quiet a way and we didn’t like being stuck to the limited menu last year. We got them from Floridatix if you want to have a look.
We did this a couple of years ago, but I will have a look. Thanks.
Old 16 Feb 18, 11:29 PM  
Link to this Post
TartanTink
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Hi
I have bought Landry gift cards and gift cards for Raglan Rd when we haven’t had DDP
Just ordered e gift card on the websites

Tartan Tink
TartanTink is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List