Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 18 Feb 18, 08:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Andybear
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Gill H View Post
Hundreds of adults interact with the characters and get autographs. It is normal and expected.

Many people bring something like a t shirt or bag for all the characters to autograph.

Personally I think the characters love interacting with adults as they can be creative and have some fun. We met Thor on the Magic and told him off for wrecking Greenwich!
I went to DLP last year and had character dinner in Inventions (buffet for anyone who hasn't been) one evening. I happened to be standing up to go and get some food when Tigger came to my table and we ended up waltzing around the room - it was great fun. A lady at the table next to me who had very kindly taken some photos of me and other characters picked up my camera from the table and took some lovely photos

I read on here a while back that someone took a plain white pillow case and got the characters to autograph it and then had it framed when they got home. I think this is a great idea and might do it myself.

Edited at 08:23 PM.
Andybear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 18, 09:10 PM  
Link to this Post
elliecjno1
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

Mobile

Me & my other half will be when we go in April - we're 30 & 35 & couldn't care less what others think lol. I did photos only in DLP last October & regretted not getting the autographs. Have fun!
April '18 - WDW - POFQ & Emerald Island Villa

MAY '20 - WDW - POFQ & AMI CANCELLED BY COVID
elliecjno1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 18, 11:50 PM  
Link to this Post
MizzJacktheCat
Excited about Disney

I do wonder what the draw is for an adult to queue for ages to get an autograph, but if that's what you want to do then go ahead and enjoy yourselves - there are far worse things people do at Disney. You won't be alone! I only judge when adults try to push in front of the kids.

I do sometimes think there should be a separate queue for adults and children though - it was painful to queue for over an hour to meet Mickey when there were only a handful of children in the queue.

Fortunately DD is getting older now - she'll be 9 when we next go - so is losing interest in queuing for a lot of the characters, and I have to agree with the previous poster in that she has shown zero interest in the autograph books after returning home. The first time she collected autographs we spent a load of money on fancy autograph books, but then learned our lesson and thereafter only bought cheap notebooks.

June 2008 - Pop Century
Jan 2011, Sep 2011 & Nov 2012 Port Orleans FQ
Oct 2014 Caribbean Beach, October 2016 POFQ
October 2018 Yacht Club (upgrade) Booked
MizzJacktheCat is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Feb 18, 12:24 AM  
Link to this Post
macadoo
Imagineer

Mobile

Dd has always collected autographs on all of our Disney visits, she’s never looked at the books when we get home but that isn’t really the point... she enjoys it while we’re there.
macadoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Feb 18, 12:49 AM  
Link to this Post
indie2312
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by MizzJacktheCat View Post
I do wonder what the draw is for an adult to queue for ages to get an autograph, but if that's what you want to do then go ahead and enjoy yourselves - there are far worse things people do at Disney. You won't be alone! I only judge when adults try to push in front of the kids.

I do sometimes think there should be a separate queue for adults and children though - it was painful to queue for over an hour to meet Mickey when there were only a handful of children in the queue.

Fortunately DD is getting older now - she'll be 9 when we next go - so is losing interest in queuing for a lot of the characters, and I have to agree with the previous poster in that she has shown zero interest in the autograph books after returning home. The first time she collected autographs we spent a load of money on fancy autograph books, but then learned our lesson and thereafter only bought cheap notebooks.

Having been since I was as young as 4, I have always got character photos or some interaction..something always done. But like Walt said he designed it for all ages I do sometimes find parents aggressive when I'm in the queue and they're complaining why adults need to meet characters is rude. But I'm on holiday and don't need to listen to negativity or judge others
Whilst I won't queue up for hours, I tend to book character meals/meet those who are in the parks with little queue.
I have my old autograph books and they're lovely keepsakes sure your DD will remembering them looking back

OP I collect vinylmation so I took over sharpies and had them sign a blank vinylmation
It's on display in my bedroom all year round and I love the interactions. A blank photo frame is also a lovely touch x
Have a wonderful trip

indie2312 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Feb 18, 01:11 AM  
Link to this Post
MizzJacktheCat
Excited about Disney

I've never seen parents be rude to adults without children in queues, but I've seen plenty of adults push in front of kids. I even had a cast member offer to remove an older couple from the park after they were seen shouting at my DD. Of course I didn't agree to them being removed, but they did receive a warning and DD was given a private meeting with her two favourite characters in a room at City Hall.

June 2008 - Pop Century
Jan 2011, Sep 2011 & Nov 2012 Port Orleans FQ
Oct 2014 Caribbean Beach, October 2016 POFQ
October 2018 Yacht Club (upgrade) Booked
MizzJacktheCat is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 18, 10:32 AM  
Link to this Post
debojahh
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by MizzJacktheCat View Post

There should absolutely not be a separate queue for adults and children. Everybody has paid their way and should not have to queue longer because another person has kids.

But I find the idea that other people are judging adults for queuing for such things and 'making the queue longer' quite offensive to people who either can't have kids or choose not to have kids but still want to experience the character meets.

Edited at 10:48 AM.
debojahh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 18, 11:05 AM  
Link to this Post
Darthmickey
Getting Excited

The OP did ask for opinions, I find it a little annoying that when someone expresses their opinion they get shot down for it! An opinion is exactly that and it is neither right or wrong... it is simply their opinion. Just because it’s different doesn’t make them “judgemental” one could say you’re jusdgemental for saying they are judgemental! As for my opinion on your question “is it a bit weird?” No it’s not weird, a little odd yes, would I do it definitely not. Like someone else said horses for coarses, we are all different!
Darthmickey is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 18, 11:34 AM  
Link to this Post
debojahh
VIP Dibber

I'm not sure who this was aimed at?
But with the OP asking is it weird or not for others to then suggest separate queues or adults letting children in front isn't really relevant to the original question.

We all go for the same reason...to enjoy the magic and that will involve different things for different people!

OP do whatever you want to and enjoy yourself.

Have wonderful holidays everyone
debojahh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 18, 12:38 PM  
Link to this Post
GrumpyDopey&Me
Imagineer

GrumpyDopey&Me's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Darthmickey View Post
The OP did ask for opinions, I find it a little annoying that when someone expresses their opinion they get shot down for it! An opinion is exactly that and it is neither right or wrong... it is simply their opinion. Just because it’s different doesn’t make them “judgemental” one could say you’re jusdgemental for saying they are judgemental! As for my opinion on your question “is it a bit weird?” No it’s not weird, a little odd yes, would I do it definitely not. Like someone else said horses for coarses, we are all different!
Thank you. Maybe I should have worded it a bit more like you but as it was my opinion I didn't think I needed too. But then they made themselves look hypocritical by being judgmental to me and my opinion when they said they never judge.
GrumpyDopey&Me is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List