Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 20 Feb 18, 12:42 PM  
Link to this Post
GSJALK
Trading Disney Pins

Top tip for each park for a first timer...

As a first timer i am trying to colate all information i gather from this amazing site!

What would be your number 1 top tip for each park. Even if it is down to parking, quick short cuts around the park or where to stand for certain events. I am open to all suggestions.

I am not worried about restaurants as we are not on a dining plan and will not be eating in the parks.

There will be 2 adults and 1 13 year old boy - We are going for our Honeymoon! so want to really make the most of our time there.

Any tips will be most greatfully received xx
GSJALK is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 18, 01:12 PM  
Link to this Post
stupet11
Imagineer

Outside Crystal Palace restaurant in MK their is an iced water cooler, nice to stop for drink, sit on veranda and catch a parade.

Epcot - Club Cool - free fizzy drinks from around the world - a good pit stop.

We took insulated lunchbox when offsite to take food into parks - using frozen bottles of water as ice packs - which we drunk later in day as they thawed, then refilled from fountains in parks - ice lasted quite a while.

Enjoyed watching fireworks from beach at Polynesian - music piped over.
stupet11 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 18, 01:36 PM  
Link to this Post
dorsetmutley
Imagineer

You can pick up 1st timer badges at City Hall in the MK. Also we find using the Walt Disney Road train to get from one side of the park to the other (saves on shoe leather!)

EPCOT - Club Cool for free samples of drink, there is also a game called Agent P (I think ) in the world show case your son might enjoy.

AK - If you are lucky to get a fastpass for Flight of Passage head straight for the Navi river ride 1st thing (when the park opens). Also it is recommended to do the safari early morning or late afternoon when the animals are more active.

HS - with the opening of Toy Story Land, HS will be a full day park now, Fantasmic is a must.

If you are doing Universal and doing the water rides in IOA I suggest you wear very light weight clothing cause you will get very wet!

Depending on what type of Disney ticket you have purchased it may include a game of golf at either Winter Summerland mini golf situated next to Blizzard Beach or Fantasia Gardens mini golf situated by the Swan Hotel near EPCOT.

Maybe you would like to create a vacation planner (click on the blue bar at the top) and theme park hours and tools are very helpful.

Happy planning
dorsetmutley is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 18, 01:56 PM  
Link to this Post
EcosseDibb
Getting Excited

Best tip for all parks is to get there as early as possible! Cannot recommend this highly enough.

That way you can start your fastpass bookings from mid/late-morning, have a couple of hours of relatively quiet (with only 1 or 2 ride exceptions) queues from park opening, then use your shorter ride times with FP when the queues start building up generally.

Epcot - Inside the Mexican pavilion is a nice relaxed (and cool!) boat ride, the Three Caballeros. You can also pick up a nice cocktail inside too

AK - Safari ride is best done early before it's too hot for the animals to move about much, or as the sun goes down in the evening. If you can time it just right in the evening, it's amazing.

HS - Definitely see the StarWars firework show if it's on when you're there. It's like nothing else on site, more of a laser show with fireworks (but still plenty of them too!)

MK - if you can, the view of the parade from the train station is the best you will get. But you would need to be prepared to be there very early for a spot.
Do get the train around the park during the day though, it's a nice change from the craziness at times and a good way of getting about the park too.
EcosseDibb is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 18, 02:12 PM  
Link to this Post
chrisblanc
Apprentice Imagineer

For all parks - Enjoy it! Take a little time to stop and look around, they are all amazing in their own ways.
Also, as said above, get there early! The earlier the better, usually about 20-30 mins before park opens
Remember that when you've used all your fast passes you can book more using the app.

Magic Kingdom - massive park with 60+ attractions, don't try to do it all in a day, and there are loads of small shows and performances around the park that are well worth a stop and see.

Epcot - There are festivals here almost all year round, often with concerts worth seeing, also, don't just breeze through the countries in the world showcase, they're mostly beautiful, almost all have shows and there are often other little gems to find

Animal Kingdom - in my experience, always hotter than any other park! Bring loads of sunscreen. If you haven't got a fastpass for flights of passage, get there early! Take a bit of time to talk to the cast members in the animal walks, they are all really interesting. There are alcoholic dole whips in the animal kingdom at Tamu Tamu refreshments lol

Disney Studios - There's often very little time between performances of Fantasmic and the Star Wars fireworks, but it can be done. Sit at the back of the Fantasmic ampitheatre and motor it down

Overall, I don't know when you're going, but spend as much time as you can here, you'll get loads of tips and advice. there's also some great youtube vlogs and podcasts to listen to as well including the Dibbcast, which is great!
Old 20 Feb 18, 02:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Spooks Dad
Very Serious Dibber

Congratulations. We went on our honeymoon as well, although that was 19 years ago!

Main tips from me would be;

- Get to the parks for opening, you will get stuff done while everyone else is still getting to the parks. It might seem like hard work getting up early but you will spend less time standing in queues and therefore will be less tired.

- Try and have a big breakfast and last to mid afternoon before you eat lunch. Again you will benefit from slightly shorter queues when everyone stops for lunch and you'll be eating at quieter restaurants when the parks are at their busiest in the afternoon.

- If you can, book a night at a Universal Hotel to give you two days worth FOLP it is well worth it.
Spooks Dad is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 18, 02:30 PM  
Link to this Post
orlandochris
slightly serious Dibber

orlandochris's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Not a tip for the individual parks as such, but if you're staying offsite you can book your fast passes from 30 days out (60 days if onsite). Get in there early for the higher demand rides (FOP etc).

DLP - '12 (offsite hotel), '18 (Newport Bay Club)
orlandochris is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 18, 02:47 PM  
Link to this Post
GSJALK
Trading Disney Pins

Please can i ask what FOLP stands for - thank you
I have wrote down all of the advise been given here and it has gone into my book!
GSJALK is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 18, 02:49 PM  
Link to this Post
GSJALK
Trading Disney Pins

At 30 days how do i book the fast passes - do i just go online and book for my whole party? Is it anytime or does it start say 7am on the 30th day?

Thank you to everyone who has taken the time to write - it will really help me when planning.

We have been is Disney paris so many times this year - would you say there are rides i could miss as they are the same basically? I am only interested in the bigger rides though as our son is 13.
Old 20 Feb 18, 03:08 PM  
Link to this Post
chrisblanc
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by GSJALK View Post
Please can i ask what FOLP stands for - thank you
I have wrote down all of the advise been given here and it has gone into my book!
Front of line pass