Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 21 Feb 18, 03:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Princ3ss D
VIP Dibber

Would you avoid MK over Memorial Weekend?

Hi,

I am trying to finalise our plans and we are staying offsite for 3 weeks from 18th May (2 Adults & 2 Kids). We have a late MK day planned for Thursday 24th May but as we have an early start for DC the next day we are thinking of moving the MK day/evening to Saturday 26th May however this is Memorial weekend - has anyone been at this time? Are we best avoiding Disney this weekend? Busy day guide for MK on this day is moderate.

We are used to visiting at busy times (Easter, July/August) but not sure what to do for the best. We go to Universal for 4 nights on Memorial Monday and do have a further MK planned for our last week.

Thanks
Princ3ss D is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 18, 04:03 PM  
Link to this Post
cameragirl69
Proud to wear my Ears

We are there the same time as you and its Dad's birthday on the 28th so we are choosing DC for that day. I have read that many of the Americans will be heading home on the Monday so I expect the parks to be pretty busy on the weekends. We have been a couple of times over the years at Memorial weekend and have always avoided the parks but others I have heard say its not that bad. Enjoy it whatever you decide and may see you out there!
cameragirl69 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 18, 05:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Mjordan
Very Serious Dibber

We have been there twice over that period, and doing the same next year

We don't avoid any parks at any time. Yes it may be slightly busy over that weekend than the previous week, but never enough to make a difference.

just make sure you have FP the big rides, and you will be fine

We were at Animal Kingdom last year over that weekend when Pandora opened, and even that park was still doable

enjoy
Mjordan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 18, 09:09 AM  
Link to this Post
scoobydooby
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I’ve done MK on Memorial Day. It didn’t seem worse than a busy day in August or Easter.
Old 22 Feb 18, 09:37 AM  
Link to this Post
lifes2comp
Excited about Disney

We are often there that time of year and have done a mix of things, but often been at MK on that Saturday and AK on Sunday no problem and generally avoided parks on the Monday.

Would say it’s not really busier than other times during the week, especially if you go in the morning.

Stand to be corrected but I recall that busy day guides used to say that the Saturday best (out of the weekend at least) for MK because of Americans arriving that day and turning up later and tending to go to another park on arrival day and doing a full day in MK on Sunday/Monday. Always made sense to me and why we would do go anyway and do above. Think Memorial Day itself by far busiest.

So as poster above, I would just go but expect it to be a bit busier and it will be fine

Edited at 04:23 PM.
lifes2comp is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 18, 01:46 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDreamer!
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

Mobile

My birthday falls on the 28th and weve booked breakfast at CRT so will just have to brave the crowds at MK at least for the morning anyway!
Hoping it’s not too bad!
DisneyDreamer! is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 18, 01:52 PM  
Link to this Post
disney332
Imagineer

Look out for the MMD sales. Disney Springs had some great offers in 2017.

Pandora - spend $150 get $75 additional free spending voucher

Disney332