Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 20 Apr 16, 10:56 AM  
Link to this Post
waiting4disney
Imagineer

Mobile

All sounds great.
I hope the jungle book show extends beyond the summer.
Old 20 Apr 16, 11:00 AM  
Link to this Post

So we go home on the 28th May, Thanks a lot Disney.

I mean, new rivers of Light starting 22nd April. We get excited, then they delay it. Then they say new interim show, get excited again.

New headline New interim show starts from May, very excited, then read starts memorial day. So 30th May, that's basically June. Why such a delay, if is basically what they were going to do from 22nd April but with a scaled down ROL show.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Apr 16, 11:01 AM  
Link to this Post
Blondie1979
VIP Dibber

Blondie1979's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 30
Mobile

I cannot wait to experience AK at night and have factored extra visits into my plan for July 😊 It will be lovely to see something new.
Old 20 Apr 16, 11:21 AM  
Link to this Post
toonarmani
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 137
Night safari will top my trip off after booking the Wild Africa Trek package as well. Super excited
toonarmani is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Apr 16, 11:29 AM  
Link to this Post
MariaLynda
VIP Dibber

I was hoping to do this too, but miss it. Would of loved to see it in the dark.

Ridgewood Lakes Oct 1999 : Westridge May 2001 : Florida Pines Jan 2003 : Crescent Lakes May '05 : Sandy Ridge May '09 : Sandy Ridge Sept/Oct '10 : Tuscan Ridge April/May '12 : Emerald Island Nov '14 : Windsor Palms May '16 : Emerald Island April/May '18
MariaLynda is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Apr 16, 11:42 AM  
Link to this Post
RobertWestwood
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 1
interesting article on the subject found here from Theme Park Tourist. Looking more and more likely that Rivers of Light will not happen until at least the Autumn or might actually be allowed to disappear altogether.

She is much more intelligent than me
RobertWestwood is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Apr 16, 11:55 AM  
Link to this Post
Fefster
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by RobertWestwood View Post
interesting article on the subject found here from Theme Park Tourist. Looking more and more likely that Rivers of Light will not happen until at least the Autumn or might actually be allowed to disappear altogether.
Yikes, a quite from that article says "Even though Rivers of Light won’t be debuting at Disney's Animal Kingdom any time this summer".
I bought a park ticket specifically to see RoL in July.
Fefster is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Apr 16, 12:13 PM  
Link to this Post
blusteryday
Imagineer

blusteryday's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 12
Guidebook Photos: 8
Originally Posted by NITR8 View Post
So we go home on the 28th May, Thanks a lot Disney.

I mean, new rivers of Light starting 22nd April. We get excited, then they delay it. Then they say new interim show, get excited again.

New headline New interim show starts from May, very excited, then read starts memorial day. So 30th May, that's basically June. Why such a delay, if is basically what they were going to do from 22nd April but with a scaled down ROL show.
To be honest, Disney are damned when they do advertise premiere dates for new attractions or experiences, and they're damned when they don't.

From what we understand at DIBBcast Towers, it's the self-piloting barges on the river that have caused the problem with RoL. They use precise GPS positioning to ensure the right barges are in the right place at the right time. Except they don't and they're not. At the end of the day, Disney are innovating, and that takes time, alot of mistakes and learning from it.

It's a shame the show won't be ready for you, and your hopes were raised and dashed. But I guess it's all the more reason to book the next holiday

Edited at 12:20 PM.
blusteryday is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Apr 16, 12:23 PM  
Link to this Post
blusteryday
Imagineer

blusteryday's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 12
Guidebook Photos: 8
Mobile

Originally Posted by Fefster View Post
Yikes, a quite from that article says "Even though Rivers of Light won’t be debuting at Disney's Animal Kingdom any time this summer".
I bought a park ticket specifically to see RoL in July.
Well, to be fair it's not confirmed when RoL will debut. What they are doing is a replacement nighttime show, and implementing the new extended hours.

Before hitting that "Submit Post" button, re-read what you've typed and consider:
Is it true?
Is it kind?
Is it helpful?
Is it necessary?
blusteryday is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Apr 16, 01:20 PM  
Link to this Post
LostGirl
Imagineer

LostGirl's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
I thought the reason AK shut early was for the peace of the animals? While all the new attractions look fab, and the prospect of riding Everest at night is appealing, can't help thinking poor animals. They will of course adapt, but it is going to be stressful for them to start with, especially the ones on the safari that are used to sleeping in night quarters. I would be interested to see articles on how Disney are approaching this from an animal welfare stand point.

LostGirl

LostGirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List