Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 31 Jul 16, 07:41 PM  
Link to this Post

Thanks everyone what a pain this could be, will have a chat with her tomorrow. She is 13btw I'm at the docs on wed, I will mention it anyway to hear what he thinks.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jul 16, 07:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Wozi
Imagineer

You can get a tablet from the doctors called norethisterone, which basically delays your period. You start taking them 3 days before your period and you take 3 a day.

My now 14 year old used them on our 2014 trip. She has really heavy periods and wouldn't use a tampon despite us trying. It wasn't something I really wanted to do, but it made the holiday that much easier, and something she didn't have to worry about. She didn't miss out on anything, and we weren't constantly having to find a restroom.

Edited at 07:48 PM.
Wozi is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jul 16, 07:55 PM  
Link to this Post
YummyMummyx
Excited about Disney

Mobile

She will be totally fine with just a pad. They don't swell or leak blood out etc. I only know because my friend swims with pads and I was shocked she could until she explained that it's totally fine and safe and she never leaks x
YummyMummyx is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jul 16, 07:56 PM  
Link to this Post
anna68
VIP Dibber

anna68's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Absolutely not to wearing a towel underneath a wet suit - try getting a sanitary towel wet at home in a shower and see the results.

I think you might have to practice with tampons. Having spent most my youth in towels and doing lots of physical activity I wish I found out how easy tampons were earlier.
anna68 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jul 16, 07:57 PM  
Link to this Post
YummyMummyx
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by anna68 View Post
Absolutely not to wearing a towel underneath a wet suit - try getting a sanitary towel wet at home in a shower and see the results.

I think you might have to practice with tampons. Having spent most my youth in towels and doing lots of physical activity I wish I found out how easy tampons were earlier.
That's completely false. My friend does it all the time. It's a myth that they swell. Maybe certain brands but my friend def has never had that problem.
YummyMummyx is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jul 16, 07:58 PM  
Link to this Post
anna68
VIP Dibber

anna68's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by YummyMummyx View Post
She will be totally fine with just a pad. They don't swell or leak blood out etc. I only know because my friend swims with pads and I was shocked she could until she explained that it's totally fine and safe and she never leaks x
I have to disagree with this. Each to their own but the bodily fluid is leaving the body by this point and releasing into whatever is around.
anna68 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jul 16, 07:59 PM  
Link to this Post
anna68
VIP Dibber

anna68's Reviews
Originally Posted by YummyMummyx View Post
That's completely false. My friend does it all the time. It's a myth that they swell. Maybe certain brands but my friend def has never had that problem.
To be fair I'm basing my experience on many years ago when they had gel crystals in and these ultimately do start to expand and also release themselves.

Are you happy swimming in a small pool where lots of ladies are doing this 😬

Or babies pooing in a nappy?!

Edited at 08:01 PM.
Old 31 Jul 16, 08:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Charlottesumx
slightly serious Dibber

Yes you will be issued with a wet suit, so a towel wouldn't be visible, but I'm not sure that it will stay intact - I would definitely not go down the prescription route and would get her to practise with mini tampons before you went. I know it's not ideal, but it's one of those annoying things
December 1980 I-drive August 1987 Fort Wilderness July 2001 Paris Davy Crockett December 2008 Kissimee and Bahama Bay May 2008 Paris Santa Fe June 2011 Paris Campanile February 2016 Port Orleans Disney, Universal Cabana Bay
Charlottesumx is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jul 16, 08:00 PM  
Link to this Post
YummyMummyx
Excited about Disney

Mobile

I have to disagree with this. Each to their own but the bodily fluid is leaving the body by this point and releasing into whatever is around.
No blood comes out of the body when in water though. That's a fact. She could prob go in with nothing and be fine. It's when she comes out the water she needs something in place which the pad will serve its purpose
Old 31 Jul 16, 08:03 PM  
Link to this Post
YummyMummyx
Excited about Disney

Mobile

To be fair I'm basing my experience on many years ago when they had gel crystals in and these ultimately do start to expand and also release themselves.

Are you happy swimming in a small pool where lots of ladies are doing this 😬

Or babies pooing in a nappy?!
Yeah I know what you mean. They used to go the way nappies do 🙈🙈🙈 been there with one finding its way in my washing machine 😭 technically it's a fact no fluid leaves the body whilst in water (pee and poo can of course) the pad would serve its purpose for when she comes out which she would chane for going back in does that make sense. You can't leek as such. I'm hoping that makes sense to everyone. It's quite hard to explain over a keyboard 😂😂