Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 21 Oct 20, 10:32 AM  
Link to this Post
2anddone
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

December flight prices in times of ‘normal’

Just rang Disney to get a quote for 18 Dec 2021- 2 Jan 2022 but before I go ahead and book I was just wondering roughly how much are flights to Florida in December please?
I don’t really feel I can use the prices for this year as a guide and I am aware that they could go either way but is it possible to get relatively cheap flights (1 adult, 1 16 year old and 1 13 year old) happy to go indirect from London or Birmingham?
Any advice greatly appreciated
2anddone is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Oct 20, 11:22 AM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Define relatively cheap ?
For those dates demand is very high as it’s not just holiday makers but people returning to family for the holidays.
I’d consider £600-£700 pp good value for those dates which isn’t a “cheap“ fare to me. I’m happy getting a fare that starts with a 3 though (but I’m not restricted to school holidays) so my perspective is different

Edited at 11:24 AM.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Oct 20, 11:25 AM  
Link to this Post
2anddone

Thank you. I last visited in May 2016 and flights started with a 3 then which I was very happy with. I think for the Christmas period if I could get flights for around £600-£700 each I would be ok with it I just didn’t want to end up paying £1500 each!
2anddone is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Oct 20, 11:39 AM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

I think £600 to £700 would be very good, and indirect. It’s really hard to predict though what will happen post vaccine. Will fares rise to recoup losses or will they drop to encourage people to fly again ... no one really knows.
As Birmingham sounds like your home airport another option may be to look at flying to an Euro airport the day before On a separate ticket and buying a fare starting there , often Dublin and Scandinavian countries are good for this , fares are *sometimes* substantially lower but you have to build in delay time as you can’t afford to miss that Euro flight if your first flight is delayed with separate tickets.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Oct 20, 11:57 AM  
Link to this Post
2anddone

Thank you that’s so helpful. I live in the middle of nowhere so it takes just as long to get to Birmingham as any of the London airports which is a real pain!
Old 21 Oct 20, 12:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Imagineer

123's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
We go every Christmas (family live in FL so we do the parks and then drive a few hours to see them for XMAS day then back for more parks)

If you go and return early Dec (before about the 18th) flights are at the cheapest they are all year

After that they go up, there are however always deals and we've never paid more than £550 each for the flight. However we book when it gets to that price or lower accepting that if it doesn't we won't go (or we'll pay the higher price)

If you want to be sure of going then you don't have that luxury of waiting
123 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List