Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 7 Jun 20, 02:52 PM  
Link to this Post
pretty_lucky
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Bet you’re feeling better now, eh? After consoling all of us! 😂
Old 7 Jun 20, 02:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Loopylooloo
VIP Dibber

Sorry you are having a down day, am sure this weather is not helping. My hair is dreadful now but am just plodding on. This will pass x

Our trip reports -
1st trip to Florida - April 2014 - 'Are we nearly Bankrupt yet?!'
The Kuna Mahuna Croatia Holiday 2016
Bankrupt again Florida 2017
New York & RCL Anthem of Seas 2018
https://dibb.in/13476718
And now it’s time for Wine Wine Wine! Rome + Celebrity Cruise May 2022
https://dibb.in/15427816
Loopylooloo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jun 20, 02:57 PM  
Link to this Post
bonnies mum
Imagineer

Mobile

I am finding it more and more difficult. Being in Scotland we are still under quite strict restrictions. My sons both live 75 miles away and we are only allowed local travel. Havent seen my only 2 grandchildren since the weekend before lockdown.
Meeting a friend tomorrow for a socially distanced chat, first time in 3 months so looking forward to that.
Thank goodness for sites like this.
bonnies mum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jun 20, 03:03 PM  
Link to this Post
JudyC
Imagineer

My Facebook memories for this time of year keep popping up which doesnt help. We normally have a few days somewhere this time of year around hubbies birthday , and the last few days memories from York, Berlin & Lisbon have come up. This time last year we were at Southampton getting ready to start our Norway cruise.
DH was 60 yesterday and his choice of trip was Florida which obviously didn't happen. We celebrated with a Papa John's take out.
I know we are lucky in many ways but it doesnt stop me wishing these weeks away, and analysing reports on Covid, which doesnt help as they are all so conflicting

Edited at 03:04 PM.
JudyC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jun 20, 03:19 PM  
Link to this Post
DiszeeBelle
Imagineer

Started to feel that way last night, wanted to cry. I think looking at the gatherings of protester has not helped as worried about them and possibly being in this a lot longer (im not getting into or starting a debate about this just saying what has contributed to my feelings) plus watching disney vlogs to cheer me up amd i forget for a while then remember where we are at the moment. It will pass, especially when im working during the week but my mam also feeling teary and fed up today.

Edited at 03:24 PM.
DiszeeBelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jun 20, 03:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Pumpkin Pie
Imagineer

Originally Posted by bonnies mum View Post
I am finding it more and more difficult. Being in Scotland we are still under quite strict restrictions. My sons both live 75 miles away and we are only allowed local travel. Havent seen my only 2 grandchildren since the weekend before lockdown.
Meeting a friend tomorrow for a socially distanced chat, first time in 3 months so looking forward to that.
Thank goodness for sites like this.
I’m in Scotland also. We are told to stay local but the road to our nearby beach is closed off and at the other end the car park is closed off. We can’t go up the Pentland Hills, the Zoo is closed etc. It seems like they are making it as awkward as possible to stay within the guidelines and meet up with folk outside.

Sorry for the rant!
Pumpkin Pie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jun 20, 03:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Wee_Red
Imagineer

Wee_Red's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 3
I'm ok for the most part today. I'm not saying this in a bragging way of course - I've had some proper dips over the past century that this is lasting. The weather properly helped pick up and today there's a wee bit of sunshine up here.

I'm not feeling particularly amazing like last weekend but I've decided that I'm going to run a bath (yes it's half three in the afternoon). Tidy up the living room and wash the dishes before heading in. I'm going to set up the laptop and watch an episode of Charmed in the tub whilst deep conditioning my hair.

I'm also going to do my hair properly and paint my nails. It's a bit 'fake it till you make it' mentality. I'm hoping if I look good/polished, I'll feel good, you know?

I also need to remove my countdown, three weeks today isn't happening and that's just making me a bit meh.

I too, am so glad for this forum and people being honest about how they're getting on. It's bloody hard.
Wee_Red is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jun 20, 03:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Scaramouche
Imagineer

I’m hiding in bed. I need to put the tumble dryer on really and have some lunch. I’m just struggling with the world at the moment. There’s too much to deal with.

Hope everyone starts to feel better soon.
Forget Regrets... Or Life Is Yours To Miss.. No Other Road, No Other Way.. No Day But Today.. ♪
Scaramouche is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jun 20, 03:50 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

I’m so sorry you are feeling like this. I’m not so bad this weekend but I was the same as you last weekend, and I’ve had those days on and off through the whole lockdown. I guess it’s normal

We are in Wales where the lockdown is still strict, I’ve only been out the past 4 weeks and then only for a weekly grocery shop. I would do love to visit my son and his fiancée now who live 50 miles away 😔
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jun 20, 04:07 PM  
Link to this Post
maidmarian
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Nannad View Post
Thank you (maidmarian), that is very kind especially as you are feeling low, I feel so guilty when I read on here about the heartbreak some people are going thru. Brighter days to come I hope

Del x
You are welcome hunny x
maidmarian is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List