Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 20 Oct 20, 09:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Col&Ali
Imagineer

New Bathroom Costs

I have received a quote for fitting a new bathroom and am now armed with all the measurements to find a reasonably priced bath, loo and furnishings ... and tiles for floor and walls ... and a towel radiator

Any recommendations?

Also, wondering whether to have full tile or half tile?

I’m not good at this home design malarkey 😆
Col&Ali is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Oct 20, 09:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
To me half tile is very 1960’s so always full tile. Plus big tiles not small ones.

I have just had this one installed.

wolseley/product/n...-454mm-chrome/

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Oct 20, 09:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Col&Ali
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
To me half tile is very 1960’s so always full tile. Plus big tiles not small ones.

I have just had this one installed.

wolseley/product/n...-454mm-chrome/
Very nice radiator Tom 👍 Quite different - vertical yet horizontal for the towels.

Regarding the tiles, I thought the same but half tile seems to be making a comeback. My fitter said one reason is for people to have an easy change of paint colour if desired.
Col&Ali is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Oct 20, 09:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Originally Posted by Col&Ali View Post
Very nice radiator Tom 👍 Quite different - vertical yet horizontal for the towels.

Regarding the tiles, I thought the same but half tile seems to be making a comeback. My fitter said one reason is for people to have an easy change of paint colour if desired.
Sad to say the horizontal bar is nearly £40! We like it though

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Oct 20, 09:53 PM  
Link to this Post
parisdisneyfan
Imagineer

Lots of pics of our 2 1/2 rooms that we have just done on my novice renovators thread. We used a local company with RAK, Roper Rhodes and Merlyn fittings. Large Waxman porcelain tiles. Also ordered shower tray and door online from Showers to you and freestanding bath from Better Bathrooms, again online. We also sourced a set of taps from Fountain direct and some loo roll holders and robe hooks from Victorian plumbing. All these were very good despite being a difficult time. Worse bit was the bath delivery company who basically left it literally at the gate! Hope that helps, good luck!
Old 20 Oct 20, 09:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Col&Ali
Imagineer

Originally Posted by parisdisneyfan View Post
Lots of pics of our 2 1/2 rooms that we have just done on my novice renovators thread. We used a local company with RAK, Roper Rhodes and Merlyn fittings. Large Waxman porcelain tiles. Also ordered shower tray and door online from Showers to you and freestanding bath from Better Bathrooms, again online. We also sourced a set of taps from Fountain direct and some loo roll holders and robe hooks from Victorian plumbing. All these were very good despite being a difficult time. Worse bit was the bath delivery company who basically left it literally at the gate! Hope that helps, good luck!
I have enjoyed all of the bathroom threads - ours will be slightly less grand than some Dibbers bathrooms lol but I want a nice one.

Thank you for the websites - I will check them out 😀
Old 20 Oct 20, 10:10 PM  
Link to this Post
tspill
Imagineer

We have done three bathrooms recently and decided against wall tile in all of them (bar the shower and a couple of tiles over the sink. The reason is that you will get sick looking at the the tiles in a few years. We went for paint as it looks cleaner and is easily changed.
tspill is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Oct 20, 10:11 PM  
Link to this Post
lizzie145
Imagineer

The big bathroom shop has a nice range. You may be able to get cashback too

I used b&q for a design to see how things would look
Old 20 Oct 20, 10:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Col&Ali
Imagineer

Originally Posted by tspill View Post
We have done three bathrooms recently and decided against wall tile in all of them (bar the shower and a couple of tiles over the sink. The reason is that you will get sick looking at the the tiles in a few years. We went for paint as it looks cleaner and is easily changed.
What colour scheme did you go for? Did you tile the floors?
Old 20 Oct 20, 10:21 PM  
Link to this Post
familybell
Apprentice Imagineer

Our bathroom is fully tiled, I love it, can easily change colour/style by updating accessories, so easy to clean too. Only thing I do find is its a bit cold in winter, although it maybe would be better with a decent radiator or underfloor heating, unfortunately ours was an insurance job with a bunch of cowboys.
familybell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List