Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 20 Oct 20, 10:39 PM  
Link to this Post
tspill
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Col&Ali View Post
What colour scheme did you go for? Did you tile the floors?
We have used different colours. One was simple white. They others were shades of off-white. These were just to cover the grey plaster. We will likely repaint with something with a bit more colour when we have done all the other wee jobs.

We have done tile on all three floors.

Make sure you use tile backer board in showers and NOT plywood. Fully water proof and cheaper. And required by building control in our area. Also required in bathroom floors if they are suspended.
tspill is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Oct 20, 07:09 AM  
Link to this Post
florida addict
Imagineer

florida addict's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Tanking system is also a great job around shower
Old 21 Oct 20, 07:24 AM  
Link to this Post
Anne
VIP Dibber

Check out Brooklyn Trading for radiators brooklyntrading/se...om%20Radiators
Anne is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Oct 20, 10:29 AM  
Link to this Post
anji
VIP Dibber

Currently in the planning stages - first quote about £2000 more than wanted, that includes new basin downstairs. This is for supply and fit from same company, so will look elsewhere too.

Going for panels over the existing tiles, rather than new tiles. What was repainting and wallpapering, starting with me ripping off a bit of wallpaper (much to DH's horror ), has grown to a full bathroom refit!

Index to all trip reports here https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...3#post15913083
Seattle to San Francisco
Road Trip Florida 2017
New England Road Trip 2019
Florida Road Trip 2022
Canada/Pacific NW Road Trip 2022
Cyprus Chill week May 2023
Road Trip California & Arizona 2023
anji is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Oct 20, 10:29 AM  
Link to this Post
LostPrincess
Serious Dibber

We just recently went from this

To this

Toilet, sink and bath were screwfix. Tiles were Wickes-it's tiles all round. Floor is LVT from Tapi Carpets. We have been so lucky, my Dad fit everything himself. From taking the wall out between the two rooms, new fittings, plastering the ceiling, everything has come to around £1.5k. But it did take a year! He could only help at the weekends and then pandemic hit so it's been slow progress. It's not our forever home but I'm so pleased it's not the state it was before anymore.
LostPrincess is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Oct 20, 10:50 AM  
Link to this Post
Col&Ali
Imagineer

Originally Posted by anji View Post
Currently in the planning stages - first quote about £2000 more than wanted, that includes new basin downstairs. This is for supply and fit from same company, so will look elsewhere too.

Going for panels over the existing tiles, rather than new tiles. What was repainting and wallpapering, starting with me ripping off a bit of wallpaper (much to DH's horror ), has grown to a full bathroom refit!
We'll go through it together!
Col&Ali is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Oct 20, 10:51 AM  
Link to this Post
Col&Ali
Imagineer

Originally Posted by LostPrincess View Post
We just recently went from this

To this

Toilet, sink and bath were screwfix. Tiles were Wickes-it's tiles all round. Floor is LVT from Tapi Carpets. We have been so lucky, my Dad fit everything himself. From taking the wall out between the two rooms, new fittings, plastering the ceiling, everything has come to around £1.5k. But it did take a year! He could only help at the weekends and then pandemic hit so it's been slow progress. It's not our forever home but I'm so pleased it's not the state it was before anymore.
What a transformation

Good shout about Screwfix - DH is partial to a visit to Screwfix lol
Col&Ali is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Oct 20, 11:02 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Originally Posted by Col&Ali View Post
What a transformation

Good shout about Screwfix - DH is partial to a visit to Screwfix lol
Has he got an account there? Always worth it as they look after you much better I find.

Nothing to do with being Trade or VAT registered. They like loyalty.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Oct 20, 11:18 AM  
Link to this Post
LostPrincess
Serious Dibber

I can't recommend Screwfix highly enough! Always great value and service I find.
LostPrincess is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Oct 20, 11:27 AM  
Link to this Post
Col&Ali
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
Has he got an account there? Always worth it as they look after you much better I find.

Nothing to do with being Trade or VAT registered. They like loyalty.
Originally Posted by LostPrincess View Post
I can't recommend Screwfix highly enough! Always great value and service I find.
Thanks both