Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 18 Jan 18, 11:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Jane71
Very Serious Dibber

Question Easter New Yorkers - What have you planned

So Im off to NYC at Easter with my 2 sons (18 & 13) for a week. We've been to Orlando twice and I loved the planning, organising etc. BUT I just cant get into planning mode. The only thing I've booked is SOL. Its our first visit so want to do all the normal tourist attractions. Should I be more organised, have more things booked? Any advice would be appreciated.
Jane71 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 18, 12:24 AM  
Link to this Post
rockgems
Excited about Disney

Hi we are in New York for 1 week of the holidays and Toronto for the 2nd. Can't wait. It's also our first visit.
I have found planning this holiday more difficult than Florida. I have downloaded some apps including Ulmon which is really good and the NYC subway official app.
We have broadway tickets booked and will be going to an ice Hockey game. We plan to do the ride and the bronx zoo. We also plan to do all the usual tourist stuff like SOL, Top of the Rock, ESB and the natural history museum. We're also going to go to Luna Park at Coney Island to get our theme park fix.
I've tried to plan days around areas so we're not zig zagging every where. For example when we go to Central Park we will do the museums.
I'm currently researching places to eat at the moment as I don't want to just choose places at random and not have a good experience.
rockgems is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 18, 12:37 AM  
Link to this Post
Jane71
Very Serious Dibber

I just cant get motivated. I've a list in my head and also plan to do attractions by area. But i think because the area is so big Im unsure exactly how much we'll fit into a day - also considering crowds and weather maybe unpredictable. I did consider Coney Island but we're possibly going to Philadelphia for a day. I think Im going to have to force myself into putting some kind of plan together. You sound fairly well organised .
Jane71 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 18, 12:50 AM  
Link to this Post
jools1302
Apprentice Imagineer

jools1302's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

Hi there,

We are going in the Summer... been once before but taking 14 yr okd daughter this time too so will be a bit different... I’m interested in your Coney Island visit is it easy to get there? We will also do the main attractions and hopefully see a show... need to research restaurants though haven’t much of a clue if there are any must-do’s etc... you could both report back to me and assist me with planning when you’re back 😉😉
Old 19 Jan 18, 12:35 PM  
Link to this Post
rockgems
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by jools1302 View Post
Hi there,

We are going in the Summer... been once before but taking 14 yr okd daughter this time too so will be a bit different... I’m interested in your Coney Island visit is it easy to get there? We will also do the main attractions and hopefully see a show... need to research restaurants though haven’t much of a clue if there are any must-do’s etc... you could both report back to me and assist me with planning when you’re back 😉😉
Hopefully Coney Island is easy to do. The subway goes that way according to the map. We have brought the NewYork Pass and that includes a 4 hour wrist band for Luna Park and the big wheel as well.
rockgems is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List