Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 11 Jul 17, 10:41 AM  
Link to this Post
sotagals
Imagineer

We entered an empty immigration hall at PHL and were through in minutes - took about 20 minutes for our bags.

There were loads of desks open and plenty of machines. It depends who is there in front of you but 2 hours should be enough unless you are really unlucky.

Onward gates are easy to find I would say a max 10 minute walk at a fast clip.
sotagals is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jul 17, 10:43 AM  
Link to this Post
KUEFC
slightly serious Dibber

All sounds positive, thanks everyone
KUEFC is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jul 17, 11:50 AM  
Link to this Post
Wappum
Excited about Disney

Mobile

We had exactly this connection time in April - was loads of time as immigration was empty when we arrived

We were only travelling with hand luggage so missed the bag collection/drop but - but we saw plenty of people from our original flight during the second leg - so it must have been fine for them too
Wappum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jul 17, 12:01 PM  
Link to this Post
unidentified
Imagineer

Originally Posted by KUEFC View Post
...we now have 1 hour 55 minutes to connect in Philidelphia, all I want to know is, is this doable?, it gets us in to Orlando and the better time of 6:10pm...
Yes it is doable, been this route more than once in both directions.

However, that is, it is doable as long as everything goes to plan.

Keep in mind they board the plane anything from 25-45 mins in advance (though usually on average it is around 30 mins prior). This gives you around 1h25mins as long as your initial flight arrives on time.

Check that you are arriving and departing from the same terminal (think you probably should be), but if for any reason this changes get ready to haul your butt across the airport fast or ask a staff member to give you a ride as the opposite terminals are pretty far away from each other.

Edited at 12:03 PM.
unidentified is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jul 17, 12:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Elmhurst 5
Apprentice Imagineer

You have to clear customs and immigration when you arrive at Philidelphia before boarding your flight to Orlando. We prefer a 3 hour layover in case of any delay leaving the UK. So providing no delay in the UK and no long wait at immigration/customs 2 hours should be OK for you.
Elmhurst 5 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jul 17, 01:39 PM  
Link to this Post
JessBlu
Imagineer

Quick live update !

The flight is lovely.
Half empty so I've got two seats to myself.
The kids got a AA wings badge on take off, the hostess said you've earned your wings, the kids around me seems to like it.

Lots of leg room and I am a larger lady.

Free ear phones, great choice of movies currently watching Beauty and the Beast.

Nice meal
BBQ chicken,
Crackers cheese
Salad and dressing
Breadrole
Apple pie
Bottle of water and I had a can of cranberry.

$19 for full flight wifi
£12 for 2 hours

Thumbs up from me so far.

Edited at 01:40 PM.
JessBlu is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jul 17, 02:35 PM  
Link to this Post
KUEFC
slightly serious Dibber

Think we are just going to have to go for it, we have booked wheelchair assistance for my mum so the rest of us are able to walk quite quickly, the airline is saying its a legal connection time, so we will just have to wait and see, however should for whatever reason we miss connect, then what? what happens from there?, has anyone experienced this?.
KUEFC is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jul 17, 03:08 PM  
Link to this Post

We are doing this route next week and from memory we have 2hrs 5mins.

How do you find out which gates you will be arriving at and departing from please?
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jul 17, 03:38 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyWannabe
Imagineer

Originally Posted by KUEFC View Post
Think we are just going to have to go for it, we have booked wheelchair assistance for my mum so the rest of us are able to walk quite quickly, the airline is saying its a legal connection time, so we will just have to wait and see, however should for whatever reason we miss connect, then what? what happens from there?, has anyone experienced this?.
If you miss your connection they will get you on the next available flight, however, bear in mind this maybe the next morning, but you would be put up in a hotel over night and given vouchers for food. Had this happen a few years ago transiting through Boston, really wasn't that bad.

We also fly this time through Philly lad at 1.35pm and take off again at 3.30pm.
Old 11 Jul 17, 03:45 PM  
Link to this Post
toonarmani
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 137
Mobile

Ours is something like 1hr50 at Philly as well
toonarmani is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List