Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 16 Jun 19, 08:41 PM  
Link to this Post
4holibobs
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by GezzasGem View Post
Wow some great plans there! Making me hungry reading along 😄 I sometimes wonder if I am wasting snack credits on say a breakfast pastry, but now it has changed a little and we will get 2 snacks a day am not stressing as much! 😁👌
Hi!

Thanks for the likes and your comment.. I think we may try and pay for anything less than $4 ourselves, but as I said I don't want to be left with a stack of credits at the end of our trip.

We have never had the dining plan so have no experience of how to 'manage' them, although from reports have read it does seem like people struggle to spend them...

We'll see!

Your countdown is exciting.. hope you have a great trip!
4holibobs is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jun 19, 08:54 PM  
Link to this Post
loves2plan
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by 4holibobs View Post
Hi!

Thanks for the likes and your comment.. I think we may try and pay for anything less than $4 ourselves, but as I said I don't want to be left with a stack of credits at the end of our trip.

We have never had the dining plan so have no experience of how to 'manage' them, although from reports have read it does seem like people struggle to spend them...

We'll see!

Your countdown is exciting.. hope you have a great trip!
We've had either the DDP or QSDP for each of our trips and haven't managed to use all of the credits once! My advice would be to use snack credits and not spend any money at the start of your holiday, then buy things towards the end if you're running low/out of credits. Like you said, you really don't want to spend money and then have loads of credits left at the end. Especially as it looks like you're going to be eating off-site quite a lot too. You can also use 1 QS credit for 3 snacks too if you get them at the same place. That's really handy fur the F&W festival

POFQ: Our 'once in a lifetime' trip, 31st Oct - 14th Nov 2012
SSR: 40th birthday trip, 2nd - 16th Jan 2014
SSR 2 bed villa: my mums first trip, 7th - 21st Feb 2015
POR: An unexpected Easter break, 2nd - 15th April 2016
CBR: Another unexpected Easter trip, 29th March - 12th April 2017
CBR: 18th birthday surprise trip, 21st October - 4th November 2019
Food report - the unexpected Easter QSDP extravagana! April 2017
What do we want? FOOD! When do we want it? NOW! QSDP food report, Oct 2019
loves2plan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jun 19, 09:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Mobile

Wow it looks like you are going to have a fab trip.

I would also recommend not spending any money at all and just using snack credits for everything even drinks. Its amazing how far they go. We've never run out on any of our trips.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jun 19, 09:16 PM  
Link to this Post
4holibobs
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by loves2plan View Post
We've had either the DDP or QSDP for each of our trips and haven't managed to use all of the credits once! My advice would be to use snack credits and not spend any money at the start of your holiday, then buy things towards the end if you're running low/out of credits. Like you said, you really don't want to spend money and then have loads of credits left at the end. Especially as it looks like you're going to be eating off-site quite a lot too. You can also use 1 QS credit for 3 snacks too if you get them at the same place. That's really handy fur the F&W festival
Thanks for the tips... I’ve enjoyed reading your food reports in the past so really appreciate your input... I’ll let DH know your recommendations!

Thanks for reading
4holibobs is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jun 19, 09:17 PM  
Link to this Post
4holibobs
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
Wow it looks like you are going to have a fab trip.

I would also recommend not spending any money at all and just using snack credits for everything even drinks. Its amazing how far they go. We've never run out on any of our trips.
Thanks so much!

Looking back at our last trip we had quite a few frozen lemonade drinks as we were so hot... hopefully it will be the same this year!

Thanks for reading
Old 17 Jun 19, 10:48 AM  
Link to this Post
llynnnn
Proud to wear my Ears

This trip sounds amazing! We are doing 10 nights qsdp at port orleans next august so will be reading along. You seem to be planning quite a few offsite meals too, will you get an uber to these?

I'm thinking we would like to stay onsite for the whole 10 days when we go, but worry that may spread the credits a bit thin... we did love some of the offsite restaurants on our last trip though so may venture out (especially if the credits are disapearing a bit quickly!) I just don't want to 'waste' any disney time ha!
llynnnn is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jun 19, 12:24 PM  
Link to this Post
4holibobs
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by llynnnn View Post
This trip sounds amazing! We are doing 10 nights qsdp at port orleans next august so will be reading along. You seem to be planning quite a few offsite meals too, will you get an uber to these?

I'm thinking we would like to stay onsite for the whole 10 days when we go, but worry that may spread the credits a bit thin... we did love some of the offsite restaurants on our last trip though so may venture out (especially if the credits are disapearing a bit quickly!) I just don't want to 'waste' any disney time ha!
Thanks very much!

Yes we will use uber or Lyft to get around. We usually hire a car, but on our last trip last year it worked out around $100 per day and with the resort parking fees this time around we have decided to go car-less and see how we get on. If we were eating out on the evenings on our last trip then we used to use uber anyway. We have budgets $500 for the whole trip for Uber’s to include taking us down to Port Canaveral for the cruise so this should be fine.

I love Disney and would probably spend morning to close at the parks if it was just me, however, my husband is happy to do Disney but isn’t a die hard fan so planning in some non Disney time is important to us.

Thanks for reading
Old 17 Jun 19, 10:57 PM  
Link to this Post
theCMG
Imagineer

theCMG's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

Plans look great, thanks for sharing. Interested in the cruise at the end option as thinking of that for my folks next time (maybe while we did Universal).

Enjoy the planning/holiday!
The Prisoner of Vineland Mall (2019) Orlando passion, romance and fine dining...ok so it's mainly eating
Scream if you want to go Fatter! (2018) This report contains images some dieters may find distressing!
The 12 Days of Easter (2015) Rumoured to contain up to one good joke. Let me know if you find it
theCMG is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jun 19, 03:46 PM  
Link to this Post
4holibobs
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by theCMG View Post
Plans look great, thanks for sharing. Interested in the cruise at the end option as thinking of that for my folks next time (maybe while we did Universal).

Enjoy the planning/holiday!
Thanks so much.

It’s our second time tagging on a cruise to a Disney trip. We just love it, we love cruising anyway, but at the end of our last 9 nights it felt like we were starting a whole new trip.

I’d love to try a Disney cruise some day, but we have been loyal to Royal Caribbean for a few years now and are one cruise from being diamond members (special cruise lounge, free drinks etc). Sailing in and out of Port Canaveral is so easy, it’s only just over an hour from Orlando so it’s ideal!

I’d really recommend it!

Thanks for reading
Old 19 Jun 19, 08:47 AM  
Link to this Post
summersun
Imagineer

summersun's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
sounds fab, looking forward to this x
http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/show...=gonna+get+wed
our dreams can come true pre trip report nov 14 cbbr nov 14
summersun is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List