Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 1 Aug 19, 07:46 AM  
Link to this Post
mouskevik
Imagineer

Yes we are getting excited! Should be ok getting out there with BA and hopefully no more hassle with Heathrow. Seems like the late afternoon Miami flight is constantly delayed 🤞

Been saving for this holiday for 5 years and it seems to have crept up on us. I think I'm organised; trying not to do my usual thing of buying loads of new stuff we don't need. We have clothes, comfy shoes, entertainment for the plane, cameras and we can buy everything else there.

Obviously ESTAs, passports, etc are done.

Happy countdowns all and let's hope BA get us there and back!
Sandy Ridge/Miami/HRH - Aug 2019
mouskevik is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Aug 19, 08:11 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

I don’t feel very organised ! 🙈
Need to wait for dh to get home from Dundee so he can tell me what he wants to take and then another round of ironing 😒
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Aug 19, 08:25 AM  
Link to this Post
ChoppyGirl
VIP Dibber

Yes we are going this month too! Had a text from my bff first thing this morning

I am not as organised this year as previous years for some reason. I thing it's because we actually have a summer and normally the clothes I take to Florida are different to what I will wear here but it's been so hot I have been dipping into the holiday clothes. I like mainly new stuff for holiday so that has meant I have had to go out and buy more new stuff! My idea of trying to pack light as on another thread isn't going to come off I don't think!

Just need to open the clay pot for extra spends and take the cash (mainly £2 coins) to the bank which we will transfer to the fairfx card plus will change about £500 worth of cash to take.

Most things bought apart from snacks on the plane and a couple of toiletries which I will get this weekend. Hair being cut and coloured the week before then we are ready!
2014 Saratoga Springs Resort
2017 Animal Kingdom Lodge
2019 Highlands Reserve/Grand Plaza/Boardwalk Villa
2023 Vero Beach/Portofino Bay/Coronado Springs Club level

2024 Wilderness Lodge/Grand Floridian
2025 Disneyland Hotel DLP
ChoppyGirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Aug 19, 08:55 AM  
Link to this Post
Wappum
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Us too, but also currently at the mercy of BA. Roundabout trip to Florida as we are going to California 1st, then Florida for a Disney Cruise then finishing in New York to celebrate our eldest’s 16th, so busy trip that is planned down to the minute so could really do without strike disruption getting in the way
Wappum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Aug 19, 09:24 AM  
Link to this Post
Forest32
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

We are pretty much ready. Hand luggage and most of suitcases packed. We have all of our ironed clothes hanging up in the spare room with the suitcases. DH and I are both off during school holidays, hence the organisation! We normally go away as soon as the schools break up so feels very strange this year. Everyone is getting very excited now!
Forest32 is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Aug 19, 10:50 AM  
Link to this Post
Hollyhobbit
Excited about Disney

We go at the end of the month on Bank Holiday Monday . We are organised but flying BA so very stressed at the moment.
Hollyhobbit is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Aug 19, 01:35 PM  
Link to this Post
BabyM
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Raiponce View Post
Us too!
We are staying at POR too. First thing I said to other half was we go to Disney this month. His reply was yeah remember it's my birthday first hehe.

As for being organised I don't feel totally ready like I have in the past.
Old 1 Aug 19, 01:56 PM  
Link to this Post
FloridaFairy
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by TartanTink View Post
We go this month, well hopefully as we are flying BA 🙀
Is everyone going this month organised ?
Yay! Us too!
Well hopefully as we are going with TC...
And no I’m not organised at all ... it’s seemed to escape me this year for some reason xxx
FloridaFairy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Aug 19, 01:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Tco200
Imagineer

Mobile

Don’t forget us!
Tco200 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Aug 19, 02:01 PM  
Link to this Post
WendyWilson
Imagineer

WendyWilson's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 4
Us too, we're also flying with BA - there will be no strikes for any of us fellow Dibbers. They will not spoil our fun.

Not long to go now.