Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 8 Nov 19, 10:20 PM  
Link to this Post
mulv2222
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile Dolphin Hotel?

Sorry - I don't know how to search on the app...

Anyone stayed here recently? TripAdvisor reviews aren't the best, but coming out as £150pn which I'm wondering if is quite good value? Or not...?!
mulv2222 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Nov 19, 11:27 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Yes we stayed for 2 nights in September. £150 is a good rate. We had a resort view booked and were offered a balcony at check in for another $20 a night. It’s a lovely hotel.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Nov 19, 10:51 AM  
Link to this Post
mulv2222
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by sha9 View Post
Yes we stayed for 2 nights in September. £150 is a good rate. We had a resort view booked and were offered a balcony at check in for another $20 a night. It’s a lovely hotel.
Thank you. I'm wondering if it worth just staying at the dolphin rather than how expensive the Disney hotels are coming in at...? Can you still book 60 days out? Can you remember how much parking and resort fees were?
mulv2222 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Nov 19, 11:33 AM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by mulv2222 View Post
Thank you. I'm wondering if it worth just staying at the dolphin rather than how expensive the Disney hotels are coming in at...? Can you still book 60 days out? Can you remember how much parking and resort fees were?
Yes you can still book 60 days out. Unfortunately the parking and resort fees make it less attractive. We only stayed 2 nights during a stay at Coronado Springs so left the car behind as it was around $25 to park I think. Resort fees were $30 I think. It’s a fantastic location though and the rooms are nice. Bathrooms are small as is the sink area but I’d say that’s the only downside.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Nov 19, 11:36 AM  
Link to this Post
Juliemack
waiting impatiently...!

Juliemack's Reviews
You do get to book fast passes at 60 days out and you do get the benefit of EMH.
We stayed at the Swan a few years ago now and really liked it. I've read recently read that parking is $25 and the resort fee is $30 a day which definitely puts me off staying there again.

Edit - sorry, I hate repeating info... Lisa beat me to it!

Edited at 11:38 AM.
Juliemack is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Nov 19, 10:37 AM  
Link to this Post
srh
slightly serious Dibber

If parking is a factor in hotel choice, all Disney hotels will be charging for overnight parking in 2020.
There is a scale of charges depending on whether the hotel is value, moderate or deluxe.

If you decide to do without a car the the Dolphin doesn’t qualify for the magical express.

Lovely hotel in a great position though.
Old 10 Nov 19, 12:35 PM  
Link to this Post
mulv2222
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Thanks everyone. We will definitely have a car as have a BA fly drive from TPA. Virgin do free parking but room price more so... Will just keep looking 👍