Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 6 Nov 19, 04:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by anneeb View Post
That sounds like charge back rather than section 75. Others are doing temporary refund to allow Thomas Cook to dispute. Not sure who at Thomas Cook would dispute🙄🤔
Actually, it might be a standard Section 75 claim response.

Section 75 doesn't just cover cases where a company goes bust before a product or service is provided. It covers any dispute you have with a company's provision of a service or product. If you receive a product/service and the product doesn't work or the service isn't provided, if the product/service is not as advertised or is somehow 'wrong' then you can make a claim. Section 75 just means that the credit card company is jointly responsible. The credit card company must then allow sufficient time for the other company jointly responsible for providing the product/service to respond. That company has 45 days to respond to the claim, which might be to dispute the claim (eg. they correctly provided the product/service as advertised and the claimant is trying it on) or to offer an alternative resolution (eg. repair or replace the item, provide an alternative service, etc).

Now, in this case, TC has gone bust so can't respond to the dispute in any way. I expect it's just standard wording for one of these claims. There may even be a legal requirement for them to provide this statement (even if the company is no more).

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Nov 19, 08:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Pagan8c
Getting Excited

Originally Posted by Nimbus View Post
Actually, it might be a standard Section 75 claim response.

Section 75 doesn't just cover cases where a company goes bust before a product or service is provided. It covers any dispute you have with a company's provision of a service or product. If you receive a product/service and the product doesn't work or the service isn't provided, if the product/service is not as advertised or is somehow 'wrong' then you can make a claim. Section 75 just means that the credit card company is jointly responsible. The credit card company must then allow sufficient time for the other company jointly responsible for providing the product/service to respond. That company has 45 days to respond to the claim, which might be to dispute the claim (eg. they correctly provided the product/service as advertised and the claimant is trying it on) or to offer an alternative resolution (eg. repair or replace the item, provide an alternative service, etc).

Now, in this case, TC has gone bust so can't respond to the dispute in any way. I expect it's just standard wording for one of these claims. There may even be a legal requirement for them to provide this statement (even if the company is no more).
I had the same letter with my refund and rang Yorkshire Bank and they confirmed exactly what you have said that it is just a stock letter and not to worry.
Pagan8c is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Nov 19, 09:43 AM  
Link to this Post
Blueste
Very Serious Dibber

Due to being on holiday at the time of the collapse I claimed late, but some people must have passed 6 weeks since claiming at which point (I believe?) you can go to the financial ombudsman. Has anyone done this?
Blueste is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Nov 19, 04:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Petalnick
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

Has anybody else heard anything from virgin. My parents are still waiting.
Petalnick is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Nov 19, 07:08 PM  
Link to this Post
danisleigh
Imagineer

danisleigh's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 6
No but still waiting on Halifax 😡
Apr 98..Quality Inn, Dec 2004...hotel Cheyenne, may 2006...Emerald Island, Mar 2013..Regal Palms / AKL / Rosen Inn / HRH, Oct 14..Cypress Pointe, July 2016 Newport bay club, Aug 2016 magic med cruise, Aug 2017 SSR/Rosen pointe/HRH, Aug 19 Northern Europe Disney magic, Dec 2019...Sequoia Lodge, Xmas 2021 Rosen Plaza/HRH, May 2022 POFQ/HRH, May 2023 Disneyland LA.
danisleigh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Nov 19, 08:40 PM  
Link to this Post
kathrynmc
Imagineer

I’m still waiting from Halifax. I spoke to someone from the complaints section last week who said I would hear from disputes Thursday/Friday, heard nothing.

I will be contacting complaints again tomorrow
kathrynmc is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Nov 19, 08:43 PM  
Link to this Post
hawki
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Petalnick View Post
I got my refund from Virgin last Friday, my claim went in 29th Sept, heard nothing from them until I checked my balance daily & saw the refund! letter came a few days later!
Port Orleans Riverside - 2011,2012, 2014,2015,2016,2017 RPR 2015,2016,Grand California,POR & HRH 2017 DLP Newport Bay 2018 Sequoia Lodge 2019 Grand California,HRH CSR 2019
hawki is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Nov 19, 11:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Cinderellas
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Petalnick View Post
I rang virgin yesterday and they said my claim was with a claims handler and couldn’t give me a timescale. I sent mine the last week in September 😳
Cinderellas is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Nov 19, 12:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Petalnick
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

Originally Posted by Cinderellas View Post
I rang virgin yesterday and they said my claim was with a claims handler and couldn’t give me a timescale. I sent mine the last week in September 😳
Yes my parents put in a claim the last week in September as well.

They have booked new flights as we are all going in April and didn’t want flight costs to rise too much. Really thought they would have received a refund by now

Hopefully everyone is refunded sooner rather than later.
Petalnick is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Nov 19, 08:00 AM  
Link to this Post
Hailz
Trying for More Ears

Mobile

Originally Posted by kathrynmc View Post
I’m still waiting from Halifax. I spoke to someone from the complaints section last week who said I would hear from disputes Thursday/Friday, heard nothing.

I will be contacting complaints again tomorrow
I spoke to someone at Halifax on 1st Nov, tried to put me through to disputes but too busy, was then told I'd have a call from disputes in 3 working days never happened. Called yesterday spoke to someone in disputes who has now passed it onto section 75. Have been told will receive a call from them in 3-5 working days.

I put this claim in on 26th Sept and everytime I call they say are you disputing 1 payment and I've explained everytime no it's 3 payments. Don't hold out much hope I'll get money back (It's for tickets for discovery cove and mnsshp).
Hailz is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List