Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 11 Dec 19, 09:44 AM  
Link to this Post
Tetrarch
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 23
I've always done all our ironing but a local company advertises ironing services at £25 per black bag up to a maximum of 25lbs in weight, excluding bedding and shirts. Shirts are charged in addition at £1.10 per item.

Like EssexSue, there are so many dry cleaners near us offering ironing services (£10 for 5 shirts often seen in the window) plus numerous other small ironing businesses, but that may be because we live in a London commuter area which creates a demand.

Debra
Old 11 Dec 19, 09:44 AM  
Link to this Post
Minnie18
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Colette-S View Post
I get mine done. She collects on a Sunday evening and returns on a Tuesday. She is so busy that she is starting to franchise locally and her husband has given up work to help. It costs me about £20/25 per fortnight but that includes the bedding
I’ll pm you her website Minnie
Thanks very much Colette 😊 really appreciated it.
Minnie18 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Dec 19, 09:45 AM  
Link to this Post
Minnie18
Imagineer

Mobile

Thanks so much for all your posts everyone 😊
Minnie18 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Dec 19, 11:15 AM  
Link to this Post
macadoo
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Minnie18 View Post
Thanks Feebee2

I did research the price per item and thought that would lead to more faff. Like I would have to state min items and put everything into sections as it came in them take a note of everything ironed to tally it up for the invoice. I found it all sounded a bit time consuming and I would have to think of every item I could and price it up. Our clients would bring it into us and pick it up.
I rang round a few local places recently and every one charged per item rather than per hour. Unfortunately I can’t find the piece of paper I wrote the prices on.
macadoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Dec 19, 11:21 AM  
Link to this Post
wifey
Imagineer

Mobile

DH does our uniforms! His dad is ex army and retired police Sargent so he knows how to get those collars done😉 I do the rest whilst listening to a book on my kindle through my wireless headphones.. the time flies over , it’s just hot steamy work that needs to be done. I try to only do it once a week but need to get on top of mine again before my surgery next week. I’m right handed and darn it that’s the side that’s going to be sore bruised and swollen for a while.. oh well there’s always the Dibbers to keep me company🥰🤪
1998 Comfort Inn LBV, 2000 AS Music, 2002 Spring Hill Suites LLB, 2004 AS Movies, 2005 Comfort Inn LBV& Sequoia Lodge DLRP, 2007 AS Movies. September 2009 Port Orleans French Quarter, Yacht Club August 2013 "Club Level" WL August 2015, CBR Celebrating 26 Years Together October 2017.
wifey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Dec 19, 11:38 AM  
Link to this Post
TheHughesCrew
Imagineer

Mobile

My husband does all ours!

To help your query... I have 2 friends who do ironing, and several that use an ironing service. I've only ever known it to be charged per item. I guess if you're charging per hour, people could say... is that ALL you've done in that time? Whereas if they know the price per item, they've entered into the agreement with a set idea of price.
TheHughesCrew is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Dec 19, 11:41 AM  
Link to this Post
JudyC
Imagineer

Mobile

I've cut down a lot on what I iron, as finish jeans, t shirts etc in the drier. I iron shirts for DH and my son who brings washing home every two weeks. I probably spend 90 minutes max every other Sunday while watching tv
93 94 03 2023 DLP
JudyC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Dec 19, 11:56 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Originally Posted by wifey View Post
DH does our uniforms! His dad is ex army and retired police Sargent so he knows how to get those collars done😉 I do the rest whilst listening to a book on my kindle through my wireless headphones.. the time flies over , it’s just hot steamy work that needs to be done. I try to only do it once a week but need to get on top of mine again before my surgery next week. I’m right handed and darn it that’s the side that’s going to be sore bruised and swollen for a while.. oh well there’s always the Dibbers to keep me company🥰🤪
I had to do our ironing for 2 weeks after my Wife had a (right) shoulder operation last year.

I found my boxers the hardest to do. I did like doing the towels as they are easy.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Dec 19, 12:03 PM  
Link to this Post
IndianaMac
Imagineer

I do all the ironing in the Clan House... Sunday morning, 7am ritual, whilst the missus and nipper have a lie, no brownie points earned though... couldn't countenance paying someone to do it... do they pick up, or do you waste money and petrol dropping it off? Do they pop in to do it (in which case, do you clean the house before they land, or pay a cleaner to do the house before they land... but then, do you give the house a once-over before the cleaner comes round?!?)...

Edited at 12:52 PM.
IndianaMac is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Dec 19, 12:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Colette-S
Bon viveur and shopaholic

Colette-S's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by IndianaMac View Post
I do all the ironing in the Clan House... Sunday morning, 7am ritual, whilst the missus and nipper have a lie, no brownie points earned though... couldn't countenance paying someone to do it... do they pick up, or do you waste money and petrol dropping it of? Do they pop in to do it (in which case, do you clean the house before they land, or pay a cleaner to do the house before they land... but then, do you give the house a once-over before the cleaner comes round?!?)...
Free delivery and collection. No cleaning required for her visit - she is just a normal regular lady not an inspector!
As for cleaning, see recent thread
Colette-S is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List