Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 15 May 17, 06:59 PM  
Link to this Post
bex272
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile Anyone with young kids gone and not done Disney

Considering going this year but just staying at universal and visiting universal parks. Youngest is 4, we have been lots of times before and are doing a big Disney trip next year, we only have 10 days leave so can't really justify the cost of the Disney tickets. We have done universal a few times but only ever 2 or 3 days and it feels quite rushed, kids really enjoyed it but worried 8-9 days there may be too long, has anyone done this kind of trip with younger children and how was it? Did the kids ask about Disney/ were they disappointed that they did not go? Any trip reports with young kids and no Disney?

Thanks

Bex
bex272 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 May 17, 08:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Smithy78
Excited about Disney

Mobile

We're considering just a universal/beach trip next year. We did 3wks all parks last year, this year is 2wks just Disney onsite. My DS is 7 & DD 5.

I can't make up my mind, I've priced up different combos but I'm not sure I can skip Disney with their ages and love of princesses and Star Wars! But me and hubby love universal and would like a more chilled onsite trip for at least a week.

Sorry I'm not much help.
Smithy78 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 May 17, 08:14 PM  
Link to this Post
PixieFairies
VIP Dibber

I'm not going to be much help either. Unless you go every year or every other year lots of families can have the flexibility to skip Disney because they already know they will be going back etc.
But for us knowing its likely the "once in a lifetime trip" it has to be disney all the way with us. But our kids will be 8, 6, 4, 2 when we go next year. So im happy to stick with the Disney while they are still young & able to enjoy what Disney has to offer from a kids view.
Do what you think is right & best for your family, but again sorry i cant help more
PixieFairies is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 May 17, 08:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Excitedx4
Imagineer

Excitedx4's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
We're doing it this year. We did a big Disney trip last year and my boys weren't that bothered with it tbh, much preferred universal, so this year we're doing that plus Seaworld and Busch which they e never done before. However we have now added on MNSSHP and cirque du Soleil tickets so we will be having a bit of Disney.
Excitedx4 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 May 17, 08:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Excitedx4
Imagineer

Excitedx4's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Ps, my boys are 13&6. 13 year old felt too old for Disney
Excitedx4 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 May 17, 08:49 PM  
Link to this Post
bex272
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

We have been to Disney every year, we were giving it a break this year and having a big one next year including Disney cruise so this would be an extra trip, if we don't do universal we will go elsewhere but not Disney as we are having 3 other holidays this year. The kids do still love Disney but also love Harry Potter and we only had 2 days in universal last year and didn't feel we did it justice. Just don't want them to be disappointed. MNSSHP may be a compromise as that should be on when we're looking at going

Bex
bex272 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 May 17, 09:12 AM  
Link to this Post
louiseybobs
Imagineer

louiseybobs's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 8
Mobile

Could you buy an annual pass to use this year and next?
Old 16 May 17, 09:42 AM  
Link to this Post
vowels
Imagineer

Last year we just went to Kennedy Space Centre and Legoland. My children were 5, 8 and 11.

We stayed in a villa and they had a great time with lots of pool time.

They were happy to be on holiday!

There are a few trip reports from Jojo who stays a Universal with her sons and they appear to have a wonderful time.

Have a wonderful holiday
vowels is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 May 17, 09:47 AM  
Link to this Post
toonarmani
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 137
Mobile

This year we are doing Seaworld Aquatica and Busch Gardens only (+beach visit) after 3 years doing Disney only.

Trying a more relaxed US trip than parks 24x7.

Next time will hit the parks hard again
toonarmani is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 May 17, 09:55 AM  
Link to this Post
Bal
Imagineer

Mobile

We're going with our 5 year old and only doing 1 day at Disney. We did Disney a couple of years ago.
Bal is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List