Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 3 Jan 18, 07:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Nickyolive
a Friend of the DIBB

Good restaurants in New York recommendations

Hi all, off on a cheeky trip to New York next week for 4 nights. Any recommendations for nice restaurants for breakfast/diner? Also just the two of us so would appreciate any ideas for bars or roof top bars too

Edited at 07:41 PM.
Nickyolive is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jan 18, 07:58 PM  
Link to this Post
kateb78
VIP Dibber

Pershing Square for breakfast, Juniors for cheesecake, Heartland Brewery, John's Pizzeria, Virgils BBQ, Shake Shack for a quick bite, food court in Grand Central for interesting and quick food, Levain Bakery for cookies.

Enjoy New York!
kateb78 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jan 18, 08:00 PM  
Link to this Post
floridasgirl
Imagineer

Ellens Stardust Diner is really good fun. The wait staff sing songs from the shows during service!
Christmas/New Year 1999/2000 Indian Ridge Villa, May 2001 Fort Lauderdale /I Drive/Port Charlotte/Key West/Miami, May 2005 Westhaven Villa, April 2006 Rotunda Villa/Highlands Reserve Villa, June 2007 Sanibel Villa/Grand Cypress Villas, Christmas/New Year 2010/2011 Lake Wilson Preserve Villa, July/Aug 2012 reunion resort villa, Nov 2012 new York new York!
floridasgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jan 18, 08:29 PM  
Link to this Post
LOU LOU DISNEY
VIP Dibber

We went to keens steak house for our anniversary meal last year, pricey but worth it!
We also like the tick tick diner for breakfast, right at the New Yorker hotel.
LOU LOU DISNEY is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jan 18, 10:22 AM  
Link to this Post
neilhd
Imagineer

Times Square Diner on 8th was a favourite of ours for breakfast (it's open 24/7). Less touristy, great service. Not super-cheap, but not a rip-off. Pershing Square Cafe as someone else mentioned above is also great for breakfast.

Restaurant-wise our favourite was Lincoln Square Steak (the BEST service I have ever received in a restaurant, ever). Could get expensive in there, but actually ended up being very reasonably priced. It was rated something like number 5 of all restaurants in NYC on Trip Advisor.

Also, Landmarc in the Time Warner Center I thought was really good. There's a couple of nice bars and other restaurants in there, too. We went to one of the bars (I totally forget the name of it, if you feel like looking in my Jan 2017 NYC trippie it's in there), and it looks out over Columbus Circle. Not cheap though, paid about £30 for 2 G&Ts!
Old 4 Jan 18, 05:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Colette-S
Bon viveur and shopaholic

Colette-S's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Buddakan is amazing food, lovely cocktails and a great atmosphere for a good night out. Gramercy Tavern good too and you will usually see a
celebrity or two
Colette-S is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jan 18, 05:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Beaker7929
Imagineer

Beaker7929's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 101
Another vote here for Ellen's, the portions of food were huge, and the entertainment was excellent! Also another vote for John's Pizzeria, enormous, yummy pizza's, and we loved our lunch at the Rockerfeller too, we ate in the restaurant that is where the Ice Skating is in winter

But our best meal of our trip was actually in our hotel, we stayed in the Crowne Plaza on Times Square (directly above the Hershey's store) and ate in the bar, with a view down past the M&M store into Times Square

Twitter - @rpaisley79 / Instagram - rachelpaisley79

Upcoming Hols *July '19 Sequoia Lodge Golden Forest*August 2020 WDW Coronado Springs*

Previous Hols *Jan '19 Sequoia Lodge Golden Forest*Jan '18 Sequoia Lodge Golden Forest*Oct '17 Cheyenne*Jan '17 Sequoia Lodge Golden Forest*Jan '16 Sequoia Lodge Golden Forest*March '15 - Cheyenne*Nov '13 - Cheyenne*Feb '12 - Newport Bay*April '08 - Santa Fe*March '05 - Santa Fe*

Click here for my Disneyland Paris Trip Reports

Edited at 05:24 PM.
Beaker7929 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jan 18, 02:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Nickyolive
a Friend of the DIBB

Thanks everyone we really enjoyed trying some of your suggested resturants. We were lucky enough to dine in juniors , Ellen’s stardust diner and time square diner for breakfasts For diner we ate at the rainbow room at the top of the rock (amazing views and food, by far my favourite) Hard Rock Cafe, Gallaghers steak house (which was my husbands favorite) and 230 on 5th which was a roof top bar again with amazing views. Oh and lunch one day at the boathouse in Central Park, it was beautiful with views over a snowy Central Park and a iced lake. Was planning just a one off trip but we’re desperate to go back again already
Nickyolive is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jan 18, 02:38 PM  
Link to this Post
stupet11
Imagineer

Tick Tock Diner for b'fast at New Yorker was our fav.

Grimaldi's Pizza at Brooklyn Bridge.

Herland Bewery was good too.
stupet11 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jan 18, 03:07 PM  
Link to this Post
neilhd
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Nickyolive View Post
Thanks everyone we really enjoyed trying some of your suggested resturants. We were lucky enough to dine in juniors , Ellen’s stardust diner and time square diner for breakfasts For diner we ate at the rainbow room at the top of the rock (amazing views and food, by far my favourite) Hard Rock Cafe, Gallaghers steak house (which was my husbands favorite) and 230 on 5th which was a roof top bar again with amazing views. Oh and lunch one day at the boathouse in Central Park, it was beautiful with views over a snowy Central Park and a iced lake. Was planning just a one off trip but we’re desperate to go back again already
Sounds like you had a great time!

We nearly did Rainbow Room but didn't and I wish we had. Never did find a rooftop bar, will have to try the 230 one next time we go!

Central Park in the snow is magical.

It really is a place you could keep going back too isn't it!