Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 24 Jan 18, 02:37 PM  
Link to this Post
LostGirl
Imagineer

LostGirl's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
We flew in to Atlanta and drove from there (about 3.5 hrs ish).

Essentially we stayed at Atlanta airport overnight on arrival and then picked up a car and headed for the mountains. If you haven't been to Atlanta before, it may also be worth doing some of the sites there as well (Coca-Cola Museum), Aquarium, CNN HQ and Olympic Park etc.

Cabins are so beautiful and away from the tacky parts of Pigeon Forge and Gatlinburg.

LostGirl

LostGirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jan 18, 02:57 PM  
Link to this Post
MichelleS
Imagineer

We stayed at the courtyard inn In gatlingburg last year ,lovely hotel and location,lots of restaurants, beautiful scenery plenty to do not as touristy as PF
Hoping to return one day

1996 Music - 2004 Sports - 2006 Movies & POR - 2007 Loews Miami Beach & Buena Vista Palace
2008 Fairfield Inn / St Augustine / POR - 2011 Springhill Suites LBV
Aug 2022 Disney All Stars (with Grandchildren)
MichelleS is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jan 18, 03:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Heidimai
Getting Excited

Heidimai's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

We stayed here and rented a cabin in Cobbly Nob from Pioneer Vacation Rentals. We enjoyed a hot tub with fabulous views of the mountains, the cabin was called Woodshed. We went into Gatlinburg in the evening and enjoyed wandering the tourist strip. My husband enjoyed sampling the moonshine! We weren't impressed with Dollywood but we hit a holiday day so lots of people and a lot of rides not working. We did roaring fork motor trail and cades cove as well , we really enjoyed the area.
Mar 08 - Terra Verde + RPB,Xmas 08 - RPB + ASMu + Orlando Peabody Hotel + Disney Wonder, Nov 09Lake Berkeley + Disney Wonder, Jul 10 -Med Disney Magic, Feb 11 - Bahama Bay
Heidimai is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jan 18, 06:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Olympiad
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Col&Ali View Post
Hope you don't mind me following this thread (and butting in ) ... I am very keen on exploring this area. I take it this is a DIY kinda place ... where would you fly into?
Until recently nearest airport direct from UK was Atlanta. British Airways now (or start very soon) fly direct to Nashville which is similar drive time.
Olympiad is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jan 18, 11:18 PM  
Link to this Post
tracy99
Imagineer

We also rented our cabin,from pioneer vacations,at cobbly nob.
Ours was called deer crest cabin & the views from the hot tub,on the balcony were stunning.
We will definitely return,to the smoky mountains,as I really liked the whole area.
We flew into Knoxville & the drive wasn't too long,but we had to go indirect.
Tracy x
Old 25 Jan 18, 01:09 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Atlanta is a good stopover. We went to Six Flags and had a few days at the Courtyard By Marriot 6 Flags once. Smokies about 4 hours drive.
YorkshireT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jan 18, 01:46 PM  
Link to this Post
charley9
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Col&Ali View Post
Hope you don't mind me following this thread (and butting in ) ... I am very keen on exploring this area. I take it this is a DIY kinda place ... where would you fly into?
We are flying with BA, as we are in Scotland we are flying GLA - Heathrow, then an A380 to Chicago, then onto Nashville, stopping there overnight and driving to Gatlinburg the next day, coming back we fly direct from Nashville to Heathrow, then onto GLA. We are going beginning of July.
Villa Florida Pines 2 weeks Oct 2008 Villa Windwood Bay 3 weeks Sept 2013 Villa Highlands Reserve 3 weeks Oct 2015 Port Orleans Riverside 2 weeks Nov 2017 Smoky Mountains July 2018 Efteling May 2019Villa Highlands Reserve Oct 2019 EuropaPark September 2020Toverland & Efteling April 2021Smoky Mountains July 2021
charley9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List