Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 24 Jan 18, 06:51 PM  
Link to this Post
firsttimemouse
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

We love Bristol. All the places listed so far are great. Went to SS Great Britain this year for the first time and really enjoyed it.
2018 DLP Newport bay
2019 DLP Newport bay
firsttimemouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jan 18, 06:56 PM  
Link to this Post
WhereIBelong
Imagineer

There are a few "escape rooms" in Bristol too - Puzzlair is fab!
WhereIBelong is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jan 18, 02:33 PM  
Link to this Post
orlandobound
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Is there much for kids? I'd like to bring my 2 boys (13 and 11) - they are into science, history and architecture. We can get cheap flights to Bristol (we are in Ireland). We would probably stay 3 days/ 2 nights. Thanks!
orlandobound is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jan 18, 10:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Celica190
Imagineer

Originally Posted by redspottyowl View Post
How about Cardiff? Much nicer than Bristol, IMHO
We’ve been to Cardiff numerous times already, redspottyowl. Agree it’s a lovely city.

1996 Days Inn Universal 1999, 2003 & 2005 Quality Inn International 2007 and 2011 Bahama Bay Resort
Celica190 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jan 18, 10:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Celica190
Imagineer

Originally Posted by LostGirl View Post
Chester is nice and some great real ale pubs and shopping.
More difficult to get to without hiring a car once we land, LostGirl. We plan to include Chester in a future road trip.

1996 Days Inn Universal 1999, 2003 & 2005 Quality Inn International 2007 and 2011 Bahama Bay Resort
Celica190 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jan 18, 11:22 AM  
Link to this Post
Heidimai
Getting Excited

Heidimai's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by orlandobound View Post
Is there much for kids? I'd like to bring my 2 boys (13 and 11) - they are into science, history and architecture. We can get cheap flights to Bristol (we are in Ireland). We would probably stay 3 days/ 2 nights. Thanks!
Your boys would enjoy M Shed and We the Curious for science stuff along with the museum and art gallery on Park Street. Christmas steps is iconic Victorian street with fish and chip shop, pubs and independent shops. There is also a zoo to visit and Cabot tower which offers a lovely green park area and views in the heart of the center. A Cathedral and famous boats such as SS Great Britain and The Matthew and boat trips around the harbour. Huge shopping area in Cabot Circus and large outdoor space called The Downs, perfect for football followed by an icecream overlooking the river Avon and suspension bridge. Loads to do x
Mar 08 - Terra Verde + RPB,Xmas 08 - RPB + ASMu + Orlando Peabody Hotel + Disney Wonder, Nov 09Lake Berkeley + Disney Wonder, Jul 10 -Med Disney Magic, Feb 11 - Bahama Bay
Heidimai is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jan 18, 02:06 AM  
Link to this Post
orlandobound
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Thank you for the information. It sounds great!
orlandobound is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jan 18, 05:12 PM  
Link to this Post
ynwa2009
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by orlandobound View Post
We've been to @ Bristol a couple of times, which was really good
ynwa2009 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jan 18, 12:42 AM  
Link to this Post
Poppycat
Imagineer

Poppycat's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 5
My 2 love @ Bristol. The connected planetarium housed in the big mirrored ball outside is really good too. (I'll admit to really enjoying our day there as well) great animation section which is sponsored by Aardman.

Bath is lovely, lots of free walking tours, the baths are a really good visit and it's museum is excellent. Loads of good restaurants too.
Poppycat is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jan 18, 02:38 AM  
Link to this Post
Floridag1rl
Apprentice Imagineer

Take a look to see what shows are on at the Hippodrome Theatre, the sound quality is brilliant DD and myself went to this theatre to see Wicked.