Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 10 Dec 19, 09:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Ryles
Imagineer

Mobile Does anyone’s dog have Cushings disease?

Took my boy to the vet tonight. He’s been drinking lots, appetite gone through the roof and just generally not himself at all. Vet said straight away Cushings which I thought she would as I’ve been doing lots of googling! She’s done a blood test and we’ll get the results on Thursday then probably more tests will be needed. His urine sample was ok so she’s ruled out diabetes. Does anyone’s dog have it? I’m not a happy person tonight 😢
Old 10 Dec 19, 09:32 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

My friends dog had Cushing disease. He suffered with it for around 4 months maybe and sadly passed away. I remember he was given some medication but I can’t remember if that was before the diagnosis or not. Her dog was fairly old, 12 I think so he had had a good life.

I’m sorry your dog has been diagnosed with it.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Dec 19, 09:47 PM  
Link to this Post
bex272
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Mine did, she was fairly young when she was diagnosed, 6 I think. It is caused by a Timor on either the pituitary or adrenal glands, the prognosis depends if it benign or malignant, ours was luckily benign and she lived with it for about another 6 years but she did have medication every day and 3 monthly blood tests. It also lowered her immune system (I think this was the medication) so she picked up bugs fairly often and lost some muscle tone so was less active but other than that she was fine and died of something unrelated.

Fingers crossed for the best outcome for you and your dog

Bex
bex272 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Dec 19, 09:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Loopyloo
Excited about Disney

Our black lab was diagnosed with Cushings disease when he was 7, the vet prescribed Vetoryl, he was well, with no side effects on the medication, sadly he developed Diabetes 4 years later, and we decided that it was time to let him go.

I hope this helps if the test results are positive for Cushings

Edited at 10:00 PM.
Loopyloo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Dec 19, 09:30 AM  
Link to this Post
Scotty
Imagineer

Mobile

Not a dog but my son's pony had it diagnosed and he led a happy for working life until his late 20's. He had 1 tablet a day.
Old 11 Dec 19, 02:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Talland 2016
Imagineer

Hi
When are the test results due was wondering if you have any updates?
Talland 2016 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Dec 19, 03:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Vanillapod
Imagineer

Mobile

OH’s parent’s dog had that.
He started losing his fur and nobody could work out why and then they diagnosed Cushings.
He seemed ok within himself on the medication but his fur was a bit sparse towards the end.

Our 2015 Food Trip Report http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=891973
Vanillapod is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Dec 19, 07:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Bee happy
VIP Dibber

Bee happy's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

This has got me thinking about our dog, she will be 12 in January. Is still very fit and active, over the last few months has been drinking lots, has a big appetite but that's not unusual, has asked to go out for a wee more often and also suffers from skin cysts (after googling this is a symptom).
We took her to the vet as emergency 3 weeks ago as she seemed to collapse with eyes rolling, vet did different tests but all clear, come down to tummy bug.
After reading your post I've made apt for next week to see vet to discuss, they informed me test will cost £250.
Have you heard back about yours ?
Old 11 Dec 19, 07:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Ryles
Imagineer

Thanks for all of your posts. The vets are calling me tomorrow with the results of his bloods. I’m not feeling very positive at the moment. I feel so sorry for him. We rescued him from Romania last year and don’t think he had the best life up to then, he has been the most amazing dog we’ve ever owned. His behaviour is impeccable. I’m keeping my fingers crossed 🤞🏻
Here’s a couple of pics of him in his happier, healthier days! 😢

Edited at 07:55 PM.
Ryles is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Dec 19, 11:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Bee happy
VIP Dibber

Bee happy's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by Ryles View Post
Thanks for all of your posts. The vets are calling me tomorrow with the results of his bloods. I’m not feeling very positive at the moment. I feel so sorry for him. We rescued him from Romania last year and don’t think he had the best life up to then, he has been the most amazing dog we’ve ever owned. His behaviour is impeccable. I’m keeping my fingers crossed 🤞🏻
Here’s a couple of pics of him in his happier, healthier days! 😢
Fingers x for you.
He's gorgeous, look at the size of him. Such a loving face 😍