Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 7 Feb 17, 02:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Yorkshire_Dan
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Posiesmum View Post
I know the answer to this is probably buried on this thread but I can't find it.
If I have an Alamo booking through VH, presumably I can do online check in but not skip the line as they are a third party provider?
Actually, as we are arriving at 11.30pm, I doubt that there will be much of a line anyway!
As I understand it if you book through Virgin you only have to complete Online Check In as Virgin somehow incorporate Skip the Counter into it.

And I understand that it's all completed via their own system not via Alamo.
Yorkshire_Dan is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Feb 17, 02:20 PM  
Link to this Post

Hi all. One question.

I'm trying to complete the skip the counter check in. Gone through the whole process but fell at the last hurdle.

I'm the only named driver for the car. My wife drives, but isn't on the hire. Unfortunately, it's her credit card we use to pay for things like this. On the last section of the chek in, I don't have an option to change from my name to hers for the payment. Any ideas please?
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Feb 17, 02:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Posiesmum
VIP Dibber

Posiesmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Guidebook Photos: 3
Mobile

Originally Posted by Yorkshire_Dan View Post
As I understand it if you book through Virgin you only have to complete Online Check In as Virgin somehow incorporate Skip the Counter into it.

And I understand that it's all completed via their own system not via Alamo.
Thanks Dan, one less thing to do!
Posiesmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Feb 17, 03:23 PM  
Link to this Post
mrmoo123
Imagineer

This is a great thread but I do think you should add the following link to the opening post for those that booked through 3rd Parties:

alamo/en_US/car-rent...in/bypass.html

All you need to do is online check in, then open the link above in separate tab (leaving the Online Check in confirmation open). It asks for payment details, which is just for reference because your balance will be zero if booked through a 3rd party. I think this is why it won't let you complete skip the counter normally because they (Alamo) have no payment card on file. Clicking the link above lets you add one.

I've tried this now both with an Expedia Booking and one through Discount Florida Car Hire.

Hope it helps
Old 16 Feb 17, 12:22 AM  
Link to this Post
Harry
Imagineer

Harry's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Have booked via beta.alamo earlier on ... made payment via c/c of Ł270. Later on this evening decided to link my confirmation with OLCI and Skip the Counter (via the .com site)... OLCI no problems... Skip the counter completed ... added Credit card to complete and received bar coded skip the counter ... no problems until I looked at the OLCI reservation that I printed off and it's now showing the rates and charges in Dollars ($337)... now pretty sure my previous OLCI/STC it was always left blank (Ie no charge as I had pre paid)? Anyone else getting this and should I be concerned I might be billed twice?

"... he is moving like a TREMENDOUS machine... "
Harry is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Feb 17, 12:36 PM  
Link to this Post
johnnysharp2
Excited about Disney

Am I correct in thinking the 'skip the counter' option is not valid for Sanford?
Just tried a 'dummy' booking and used the online check in link, Sanford is not shown on the list if available airports.

EDIT - have done a search and this does seem to be the case, so it's online check-in, and hopefully not so much of a queue.

Edited at 12:39 PM.
johnnysharp2 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Feb 17, 12:43 PM  
Link to this Post
irvin38a
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by johnnysharp2 View Post
Am I correct in thinking the 'skip the counter' option is not valid for Sanford?
Just tried a 'dummy' booking and used the online check in link, Sanford is not shown on the list if available airports.

EDIT - have done a search and this does seem to be the case, so it's online check-in, and hopefully not so much of a queue.
You're correct. It's not available at Sanford.

You can use the self service kiosks. Although last year there was no queue for us at the desk. We landed around 2:30pm and it was really quiet.
irvin38a is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Feb 17, 12:49 PM  
Link to this Post
johnnysharp2
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by irvin38a View Post
You're correct. It's not available at Sanford.

You can use the self service kiosks. Although last year there was no queue for us at the desk. We landed around 2:30pm and it was really quiet.
ok thanks so it is book online and then both the 2 links below to check in online?

alamo/en_US/car-rental/checkin.html
alamo/en_US/car-rent...ourOCI-uk.html
johnnysharp2 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Feb 17, 02:02 PM  
Link to this Post
irvin38a
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Yes. If I remember right.
irvin38a is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Feb 17, 02:12 PM  
Link to this Post
johnnysharp2
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by irvin38a View Post
Yes. If I remember right.
okay thanks, weird there are 2 links - will read Dan's advice in the thread also.