Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 12 Apr 17, 05:24 PM  
Link to this Post

You don't have to go through the 'Skip the Counter' process on the Alamo site to actually skip the counter. Book your car with whichever travel agent is cheapest. Once you have booked the car, check in using the Alamo online check in and if they don't offer you the Skip the Counter link, print out your reservation document and if that has a barcode on the top right, then when you land, simply go to the garage at Orlando, pick a car and when you get to the barrier, give them your licence(s) and credit card and they process it there. We did this about two weeks ago and have done it that way probably six times over the past couple of years. You'll be a bit nervous first time through, but it works like a charm. But you must have bar code at the top of the booking for it to work, otherwise it's the half hour queue.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Apr 17, 08:42 AM  
Link to this Post
disneymadmom
VIP Dibber

I've completed this process 3 times previously - however this time on my check in document and STC barcode page it shows an estimated cost even though I have pre-paid?

My original confirmation email shows as paid.

Anyone else seen this recently or is it worth me calling up Alamo?
2019 Emerald Isle Resort - Sept/Oct >> 2018 OKW - HRH - BLT - BCV - May
2017 Oak Island Cove - May >>> 2016 HRH & SSR First time onsite! - May/Jun
2014 Oak Island Cove - Oct >> 2008 Oak Island Cove - Oct
2007 Emerald Isle Resort - Apr/May >> 2005 Oak Island Cove - Oct/Nov
2004 Espirit - Oct/Nov >> 2002 Holiday Inn Sunspree - May/Jun
disneymadmom is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Apr 17, 09:02 PM  
Link to this Post
baboons
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by disneymadmom View Post
I've completed this process 3 times previously - however this time on my check in document and STC barcode page it shows an estimated cost even though I have pre-paid?

My original confirmation email shows as paid.

Anyone else seen this recently or is it worth me calling up Alamo?
I had this today too. I expect it's just poor web design.
baboons is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Apr 17, 09:24 PM  
Link to this Post
disneymadmom
VIP Dibber

Alamo Brits skip the counter price glitch!

Ok so emailed Alamo and this is what they said first
"Thank you for choosing Alamo for your car rental needs! My name is Tony. I will be happy to help you today.

I did some research and it appear your prepaid voucher does cover CDW, EP, 3 Additional drivers, taxes and surcharges. It does not include the rental days. I will be happy to research further, can you send me copy of your prepaid confirmation?

Simply reply to this email. I look forward to your reply."

So I sent off the confirmation email and this was their response
"Thank you for so much for the email.

After further review, you are correct! Your reservation is fully prepaid. The estimated cost of $400.02 is prepaid by your voucher. You are set!

We are at your disposal for additional queries. Have a great weekend, It’s been my pleasure assisting you!"

So it seems like they have systemic issue on their website still.
2019 Emerald Isle Resort - Sept/Oct >> 2018 OKW - HRH - BLT - BCV - May
2017 Oak Island Cove - May >>> 2016 HRH & SSR First time onsite! - May/Jun
2014 Oak Island Cove - Oct >> 2008 Oak Island Cove - Oct
2007 Emerald Isle Resort - Apr/May >> 2005 Oak Island Cove - Oct/Nov
2004 Espirit - Oct/Nov >> 2002 Holiday Inn Sunspree - May/Jun
disneymadmom is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Apr 17, 02:26 PM  
Link to this Post
baboons
Apprentice Imagineer

Thanks for the update disneymadmum
baboons is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Apr 17, 07:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Princess Ariel
Imagineer

Mobile

Can anyone help me?! I've managed to get the Alamo reservation number from TC and have put it in to Alamo, it brings up our booking but TC have only used my husbands first initial so Alamo won't let me complete OLCI, it just says 'check first name' but when I try to amend the first name it says 'this reservation cannot be amended online' and gives me an American number to call?! 😫
Princess Ariel is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Apr 17, 08:47 AM  
Link to this Post
craigstacey
slightly serious Dibber

Had a couple of issues as got a 'page not found' for skip the counter after completing OLCI. Wondered if it was a browser issue so tried again on Chrome and seemed to go fine until the final confirmation after I added CC details, as I then got directed to a page of code... however I did get a skip the counter confirmation e-mail telling me to go directly to my vehicle with a barcode to be scanned by the booth agent so all good in the end!
Chatham Park + Boardwalk Studio December 2019

Craig
craigstacey is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Apr 17, 06:48 PM  
Link to this Post
disney861
I want to go now!

Originally Posted by disneyoli View Post
Just wanted to say cheers for this completed it last night no issues. Made the res back in March so just looked for the conf number and put it in via the OLCI link you provided. Just needed to fill out drivers driving licence details etc then a pop up comes up asking if you want to skip the counter as Orlando is eligible.

Didn't get chance to do it then as don't didn't have my CC on me but there's a link in the online check in email asking if you want to skip the counter too if you don't want to do it at the same time. Nice and easy! Appreciate the guide.
i go in july 2017 and have booked my car hire when do i need to do all the online stuff to skip the counter can i do it now or do i need to wait like a week before i go
disney861 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Apr 17, 11:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Goofy1874
Earning My Ears

Originally Posted by disneymadmom View Post
Ok so emailed Alamo and this is what they said first
"Thank you for choosing Alamo for your car rental needs! My name is Tony. I will be happy to help you today.

I did some research and it appear your prepaid voucher does cover CDW, EP, 3 Additional drivers, taxes and surcharges. It does not include the rental days. I will be happy to research further, can you send me copy of your prepaid confirmation?

Simply reply to this email. I look forward to your reply."

So I sent off the confirmation email and this was their response
"Thank you for so much for the email.

After further review, you are correct! Your reservation is fully prepaid. The estimated cost of $400.02 is prepaid by your voucher. You are set!

We are at your disposal for additional queries. Have a great weekend, It’s been my pleasure assisting you!"

So it seems like they have systemic issue on their website still.
I have just completed my OLCI and STC which other than an issue with the phone number and it not liking it it went smoothly and have my voucher/barcode (also 2 free additional drivers, said i could have 3). However, estimated costs are also suggesting i have the same issue as yourself and that i haven't prepaid where as the original confirmation from Alamo Brits suggested i have paid. I would have expected estimated additional costs just to be the prepay fuel i added during OLI.

Do you think i need to email them as well or behind the scenes on their system all will be well and i won't be charged again? The email response you got from Alamo doesn't really say if all is well at their end or the person had to do something to fix.

Has anyone else had the same issue and been ok in the end?
Goofy1874 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Apr 17, 10:02 AM  
Link to this Post
ROBBOTOO
Imagineer

I'm not getting anywhere with OLCI. Every time I try to put in the driving licence details for both drivers, it keeps forgetting part of the information, like the date of the issue/expiry of the licence, or the year etc, and it won't then accept the OLCI as it keeps saying it needs the full licence details!

Been trying since last weekend, different browers, different computers, but still not working .
ROBBOTOO is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List