Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 9 Jul 17, 04:01 PM  
Link to this Post
99plums
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Battery Chicken View Post
Thanks to everyone for this great thread. Worked a treat! My only question is how do I know which line is relevant to the class I have hired? Do I just need to memorize what a dodge caravan looks like!? Where will the keys be kept in the car? I assume the exit barrier when leaving is where I pay for the petrol I have added and pick up the GPS?
Each class of car will have it's own specific row in the garage, these are well signposted with an illuminated sign on each row. So you just find the sign/row for what type you have booked then just take your pick from anything in that row. Most types have the keys in the ignition ready to go but
for some groups, like Full size SUV's, the keys are in the little Alamo hut near the entrance of the garage. Pick your car, stick your bags in then drive round to the exit barrier. Show your CC and DL, pick up your GPS, pay for the fuel option if you like, then off you go, job done. At times, the person at the exit barrier could be the first and last Alamo person you see!👍 But there are also staff kicking around if you need help.

Edited at 04:03 PM.
99plums is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jul 17, 04:05 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by 99plums View Post
Each class of car will have it's own specific row in the garage, these are well signposted with an illuminated sign on each row. So you just find the sign/row for what type you have booked then just take your pick from anything in that row. Most types have the keys in the ignition ready to go but
for some groups, like Full size SUV's, the keys are in the little Alamo hut near the entrance of the garage. Pick your car, stick your bags in then drive round to the exit barrier. Show your CC and DL, pick up your GPS, pay for the fuel option if you like, then off you go, job done. At times, the person at the exit barrier could be the first and last Alamo person you see!👍 But there are also staff kicking around if you need help.
As you say, as we did Alamo OLCI and STC in February, we exchanged the required small talk at the exit barrier and the similar small talk when we said hi to the man with the bar code reader when we took it back.

Mick
Old 10 Jul 17, 03:21 AM  
Link to this Post
Battery Chicken
Proud to wear my Ears

Originally Posted by 99plums View Post
Thanks again 99plums
Battery Chicken is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jul 17, 08:03 AM  
Link to this Post
tigger2158
Getting to know the DIBB

Is anyone still having trouble with Skip the Counter, with Alamo Brits. We completed our OLCI without any problem, but when we got to STC it was showing that we had to pay for the car on collection even though we prepaid at the time of booking.
Rang Alamo, they said we had to take our voucher (?) and book to the counter on arrival! Decided to email them and got a answer back saying we couldn't use STC as it was a 3rd Party booking. We have used Alamo Brits and Skipped the Counter on several other holidays and have never had this problem before.
Old 18 Jul 17, 08:51 AM  
Link to this Post
ROBBOTOO
Imagineer

Originally Posted by tigger2158 View Post
Is anyone still having trouble with Skip the Counter, with Alamo Brits. We completed our OLCI without any problem, but when we got to STC it was showing that we had to pay for the car on collection even though we prepaid at the time of booking.
Rang Alamo, they said we had to take our voucher (?) and book to the counter on arrival! Decided to email them and got a answer back saying we couldn't use STC as it was a 3rd Party booking. We have used Alamo Brits and Skipped the Counter on several other holidays and have never had this problem before.
We had the same in May with our Brits booking. I believe it's a glitch that is affecting some people with their new system.

We emailed Alamo saying we had already paid and they replied that we had and it was just an error on their system. So we printed the email off and took it with us. We also took the booking confirmation from when we booked that showed we had paid. Also took a copy of our credit card statement which showed we had paid. We did Skip the Counter as usual (even though that showed that we still due to pay) and on arrival we headed straight to the garage. No problem at all on arrival, in fact that even told us it was all pre-paid at the exit barrier. Just make sure you go armed if you need it (but doubt you will) and make sure the paperwork they give you at the barrier shows 0.00 to pay when you leave and bring the paperwork home with you just in case they do try to charge you again (which they shouldn't if it shows 0.00 on exiting the barrier).

I believe that if you have the barcode from the OLCI anyway you don't need to do Skip the Counter as you're already good to go, but we did it anyway. It's a myth that you can't do Skip the Counter if booked through a 3rd Party, you can.
ROBBOTOO is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jul 17, 09:05 AM  
Link to this Post
tigger2158
Getting to know the DIBB

Thanks ROBBOTOO For your advice, feel much better now. We will go ahead and do OLCI and STC.
Old 21 Jul 17, 01:17 PM  
Link to this Post
jliebnitz
Proud to wear my Ears

Hi,

quick question. I've already done OLCI and STC, but now I think I've decided I'd like to prepay the tank of fuel. Can I go back and re-do OLCI and STC to add it? Or am I just as well waiting and paying this at the barrier on the way out?

Ta in advance!
jliebnitz is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jul 17, 05:26 PM  
Link to this Post
99plums
Imagineer

Originally Posted by jliebnitz View Post
Hi,

quick question. I've already done OLCI and STC, but now I think I've decided I'd like to prepay the tank of fuel. Can I go back and re-do OLCI and STC to add it? Or am I just as well waiting and paying this at the barrier on the way out?

Ta in advance!
No need to do OLCI and STC again, just add it when you get to the barrier, that's what I did, easy peasey!
99plums is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jul 17, 12:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Toffee Lady
Getting Excited

hi received the barcode for STC and clicked printer friendly version. when I click print it just opens a tab with Alamo on it and nothing else. am I doing something wrong? I know the barcode was there coz I saw it... but it's disappeared now!

thanks

finally printed it! I was doing it on my phone and for some reason it would print. logged on Laptop and got it!

Edited at 01:07 PM.
Toffee Lady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jul 17, 01:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Toffee Lady
Getting Excited

sorry just another question... it doesn't say skip the counter on it but it does have a barcode, is this all I need?

thanks
Toffee Lady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List