Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 15 Aug 17, 04:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Top Bombing
Staying in the Castle

Originally Posted by aqualiv View Post
Have just completed online check in but have not received anything about skip the counter?
Booked with Expedia
Any ideas?
If you've done OLCI, you should have been able to print off the OLCI Form with the barcode in the top right.

This is all you need to go straight to the garage.

If you really want to do STC as well, then what you need to do is log in and do OLCI again, and whilst still logged in open a second internet explorer tab and enter the following web address,

alamo.com/en_US/car-rental/checkin/bypass.html

Your details held in the first tab will be copied over and you can then complete STC
Top Bombing is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 17, 07:56 PM  
Link to this Post
aqualiv
Imagineer

Done it, thanks 👍🏻
aqualiv is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 17, 09:32 PM  
Link to this Post

Alamo car rental

Hi paid for alamo car rental online with husbands credit card., but when I got to skip the line , we're you go straight to garage, it asked for card in my name . So I have details and it accepted mine. I did this thinking it would be just like garantee of sorts. But it has already taken payment of my husband's . An says payment outstanding ; what should I do ! I fly out 28 August.

Edited at 09:42 PM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Aug 17, 08:12 AM  
Link to this Post
Rachy
Imagineer

Hi,

I have followed this procedure and received my barcode so all good to go.
My question is, Alamo brits have taken payment from my credit card. Is this correct as I thought you paid once you were there or returned the car?

Thanks In advance x
Rachy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Sep 17, 12:37 AM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

Just wanted to say, we arrived today and had a pre-paid rental. Tried to do Skip the Counter after online check in but it wouldn't let me. I followed the advice on here and printed out the online check in voucher which had a barcode on it. I chose the car, drove to the barrier and handed over drivers licence, credit card and voucher. The only issue was it didn't save my sisters drivers licence details but the staff member input those manually.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Sep 17, 07:34 PM  
Link to this Post
npafc
Getting Excited

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 4
Just received an email from Alamo confirming what others have advised above after completing OLCI:

I am pleased to let you know that with the check in ticket in hand, you would be able to go straight to the garage at the airport to collect the rental vehicle.

2023 Trip number 10, Royal Pacific Universal & Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort
npafc is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Sep 17, 01:21 PM  
Link to this Post
iang27
Getting Excited

Just used 'Skip the counter' at Miami and wished that I had done this the many times I have been before.
You walk what feels like miles from leaving the plane into the terminal then once you get your cases it is another hike to the car rental desks.
It was so satisfying to see the massive queue at the desk as we passed by and made our way to the garage which is a train ride away.
Once at the garage it was straight to the SUV row and pick your car and your away, so much easier.
iang27 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Sep 17, 09:55 PM  
Link to this Post
emmylou
Excited about Disney

Mobile

We're doing our Alamo check in this weekend. Can I please just triple confirm that we just need to do online check in and print the voucher with the bar code? We don't need to do skip the counter? Thanks!
Old 13 Sep 17, 09:56 PM  
Link to this Post
DFCH-Andy
DIBB Advertiser
- DIBB Advertiser -

Mobile

Originally Posted by emmylou View Post
We're doing our Alamo check in this weekend. Can I please just triple confirm that we just need to do online check in and print the voucher with the bar code? We don't need to do skip the counter? Thanks!
Correct

www.discountfloridacarhire.co.uk
DFCH-Andy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Sep 17, 02:05 AM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by emmylou View Post
Yes, we just did it last week.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List