Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 9 Oct 17, 10:00 PM  
Link to this Post
RickT
Imagineer

https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...7#post12887377

See my latest post above -

All seems to now work with no issues or workarounds required.

Thanks
Las Vegas 18 - Florida 18 -Holland 18 -Bratislava 18 -Florida 17 -Holland 17 -Rhodes 17 - Kos 17 - France 16-Belgium 16-Holland 16-Germany 16-Sopot Poland 15-Kos 15-DLP SQL 15-Hampton Lakes 14-Hamburg 14- Berlin 13-WestRidge Villas 12-Krakow 12-France 11-Turkey 11-Germany 10-Marbella 10-Jamaica 09-Dublin 09-Dublin 08-Paris 08-Zante Villa 08-Egypt 2008-Rhodes 2008-Sweden 08-Norway 08-Rhodes 07- Huatulco Mexico 07-DLP Magic Circus 2007-Dublin 2007-Sweden 07-Greece 06/05/04-Barcelona 04-Rhodes 02
RickT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Oct 17, 06:23 AM  
Link to this Post
paris000
Getting to know the DIBB

Olci

Just done the Alamo OLCI and added the fuel option , but at the bottom of the screen it says Estimated Total $179.13 .Why have these charges appeared when I didn't book any extras other than the fuel .

Fees Customer Facility Charge 3.50/day $24.50
Priv Fee Recov Chg 10 Pct (10.0%) $49.67
Tire Battery Fee .02 Day $0.42
Florida Surcharge 2.00/day $42.00
Vehicle License Fee .66/day $13.86
Sales Tax (6.5%) $11.62
Estimated Total: $179.13
paris000 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Oct 17, 02:45 PM  
Link to this Post

I'm flying to Tampa. Any idea which is cheapest for that area? Also what about the tolls - do you get them on the car hire and pay when you get back home?
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Dec 17, 09:44 PM  
Link to this Post
jimboy2
Apprentice Imagineer

I have booked with Florida discount car hire. I have checked in online but haven’t seen the skip the counter option. Is it possible to do this as I have booked through a 3rd party?

DLP June 2017 Kyrad
Orlando February 2018 Celebration
jimboy2 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Dec 17, 09:49 PM  
Link to this Post
DFCH-Andy
DIBB Advertiser
- DIBB Advertiser -

Originally Posted by jimboy2 View Post
I have booked with Florida discount car hire. I have checked in online but haven’t seen the skip the counter option. Is it possible to do this as I have booked through a 3rd party?
Doing the "skip the counter" section isn't required. Providing you've done the olci in, thats enough for you to go straight to the garage. The skip the counter section is only really there to capture your card details but they take a swipe of your card on the exit barrier anyway.

If you do want to do the skip the counter step just for your peace of mind, open up and log in to the OLCI website, in a separate tab search for Alamo Bypass and look for the link that says car-rental/checkin/bypass.php, click on that and follow the steps.

www.discountfloridacarhire.co.uk
DFCH-Andy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Dec 17, 09:58 PM  
Link to this Post
jimboy2
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by DFCH-Andy View Post
Doing the "skip the counter" section isn't required. Providing you've done the olci in, thats enough for you to go straight to the garage. The skip the counter section is only really there to capture your card details but they take a swipe of your card on the exit barrier anyway.

If you do want to do the skip the counter step just for your peace of mind, open up and log in to the OLCI website, in a separate tab search for Alamo Bypass and look for the link that says car-rental/checkin/bypass.php, click on that and follow the steps.
After reading a few posts in this thread I have now just printed off the online checkin page with the barcode top left. So should be good to go. Thanks for the quick response.

DLP June 2017 Kyrad
Orlando February 2018 Celebration
jimboy2 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Dec 17, 02:49 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Maidmarianuk View Post
I'm flying to Tampa. Any idea which is cheapest for that area? Also what about the tolls - do you get them on the car hire and pay when you get back home?
Yes, Alamo provide what they Tollpass with their rentals in Florida, so you can just drive through the tolls in the Sunpass lanes and then you'll be billed on your credit card about a month later.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Dec 17, 12:57 PM  
Link to this Post
mto
Proud to wear my Ears

This is probably been asked before so sorry if I've missed it.

I've booked via Virgin Holidays. Am I correct in thinking that I can only use Skip The Counter after I've checked in with Virgin, so I have to do it within 24 hours of flying, and I can't do it a few days before.

thanks & merry christmas everyone

Edited at 01:01 PM.
mto is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Dec 17, 01:39 PM  
Link to this Post
99plums
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by mto View Post
This is probably been asked before so sorry if I've missed it.

I've booked via Virgin Holidays. Am I correct in thinking that I can only use Skip The Counter after I've checked in with Virgin, so I have to do it within 24 hours of flying, and I can't do it a few days before.

thanks & merry christmas everyone
Merry Christmas mto and no, you’re not correct! Virgin will send you an email with a link to do OLCI and STC at least 30 days before you travel. Just follow the link and it will all be sorted well before you go.
99plums is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Dec 17, 12:59 PM  
Link to this Post
mto
Proud to wear my Ears

Originally Posted by 99plums View Post
Merry Christmas mto and no, you’re not correct! Virgin will send you an email with a link to do OLCI and STC at least 30 days before you travel. Just follow the link and it will all be sorted well before you go.
Ok, so I've got an email from Virgin with a link to Manage My Booking and from there a link to STC with Alamo, however when i put in my details (first, last, booking ref) it says "please enter proper values". I've tried using the VH booking ref and the VA booking ref, but get the same message with both. Am I just trying too early and need to wait a few weeks.

Thanks
mto is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List