Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 26 Dec 17, 07:07 PM  
Link to this Post

To use the Alamo check in, you have to leave it for a day or two after you've booked on Virgin to allow them to update the Alamo systems with the booking info. If you booked over the Christmas period, it will obviously take longer. My understanding is that Virgin email a spreadsheet with the bookings on each night and that gets updated onto the Alamo systems by 2:00pm the next day. This may sound like a joke, but as far as I know this is still their current practice.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jan 18, 12:14 PM  
Link to this Post
MariaLynda
VIP Dibber

Can I just ask, how far in advance do you do the online check in and skip the counter process?

m

Ridgewood Lakes Oct 1999 : Westridge May 2001 : Florida Pines Jan 2003 : Crescent Lakes May '05 : Sandy Ridge May '09 : Sandy Ridge Sept/Oct '10 : Tuscan Ridge April/May '12 : Emerald Island Nov '14 : Windsor Palms May '16 : Emerald Island April/May '18
MariaLynda is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jan 18, 12:30 PM  
Link to this Post
boltyboy
Imagineer

boltyboy's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by MariaLynda View Post
Can I just ask, how far in advance do you do the online check in and skip the counter process?

m

I don't go till August and I have done mine already.

2020 canceled - 2018 - 2015- 2012 - 2004 - 1998 - 1995 - 1993
Has it really been 8 years? - Trip Index
August 2015-Trip Index
boltyboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jan 18, 12:30 PM  
Link to this Post
MariaLynda
VIP Dibber

Ah okay, not fully sure how it works but will follow the instructions and have a look!

Ridgewood Lakes Oct 1999 : Westridge May 2001 : Florida Pines Jan 2003 : Crescent Lakes May '05 : Sandy Ridge May '09 : Sandy Ridge Sept/Oct '10 : Tuscan Ridge April/May '12 : Emerald Island Nov '14 : Windsor Palms May '16 : Emerald Island April/May '18
MariaLynda is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jan 18, 12:43 PM  
Link to this Post
MariaLynda
VIP Dibber

I don't think I've got my full booking reference yet, still need to pay balance for it.

Old 26 Jan 18, 01:27 PM  
Link to this Post
99plums
Imagineer

Originally Posted by MariaLynda View Post
I don't think I've got my full booking reference yet, still need to pay balance for it.
Yes, you'll get your Alamo booking ref. once you've paid the balance on your car hire.
Once you've got it, go onto Alamo.com, enter your ref. and follow the links for OLCI.
99plums is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Feb 18, 08:32 PM  
Link to this Post
carcuscrae
I want to go now!

Originally Posted by boltyboy View Post
I don't go till August and I have done mine already.
Hi

How long after booking through Virgin were your details on the Alamo site to do the OLCI? And did you just use the Virgin Booking reference or did you get one from Alamo?

Thanks
carcuscrae is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Feb 18, 12:13 PM  
Link to this Post

Hi, we go to Florida next week. Booked with Virgin Holidays flydrive and completed all the forms for Alamo. We haven't been to Florida for 10 years as my husband has been very ill and we are very out of date with things. Do you still pay for the tolls, and do you have to have coins or can you have the option to have it charged to your credit card? We gave Alamo our credit card details so is that to cover things like the tolls etc?
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Feb 18, 12:23 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by marg1987sba View Post
Hi, we go to Florida next week. Booked with Virgin Holidays flydrive and completed all the forms for Alamo. We haven't been to Florida for 10 years as my husband has been very ill and we are very out of date with things. Do you still pay for the tolls, and do you have to have coins or can you have the option to have it charged to your credit card? We gave Alamo our credit card details so is that to cover things like the tolls etc?
You have the option to do either. Use the cash lanes all the time if you prefer. Most are manned but those on the exit ramps generally aren't so keep a stash of quarters in the car. The first one you hit after either MCO or SFB will be manned so you have no need to worry about getting change at the airport.

If you prefer use the Sunpass lane and you will automatically trigger the Sunpass. Your CC will be charged for the tolls plus an Alamo admin charge.

Absolutely no right or wrong. Slow down for 30 seconds and pay cash or drive through and pay a bit more.

Mick
Old 17 Feb 18, 12:28 PM  
Link to this Post
boltyboy
Imagineer

boltyboy's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by carcuscrae View Post
Hi

How long after booking through Virgin were your details on the Alamo site to do the OLCI? And did you just use the Virgin Booking reference or did you get one from Alamo?

Thanks
I booked the car on the 15th October and did skip the counter on the 22nd. I used the Virgin booking number on the Virgin/Alamo HERE is the link.

2020 canceled - 2018 - 2015- 2012 - 2004 - 1998 - 1995 - 1993
Has it really been 8 years? - Trip Index
August 2015-Trip Index
boltyboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List