Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 8 Dec 19, 11:06 AM  
Link to this Post
teamsingo134
Trying for More Ears

Mobile VA Plain meals for kids

My daughter doesn't like any food that has any kind of sauce on it. I've been looking at sample menus for the flights in cattle class and wondered if anyone had any tips on what choice would be best to pre order for her?

She likes most things, chicken, pasta, rice, veg, fruit but just no sauces.

She can survive on snacks etc from the airport but we would like her to have something on the plane if possible. She won't even eat a plastic boots sandwich as they "mix things up" and put mayo etc on
teamsingo134 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Dec 19, 02:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Mycaseispacked
Getting Excited

I haven’t flown with VA but quite often the kids meal is pasta in sauce I think. The fruit platter might be a good option if you have snacks to top up (depending how big their appetite is). It always looks really nice, you get a selection of fruit for both the meal and snack.
Mycaseispacked is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Dec 19, 02:49 PM  
Link to this Post
scoobydooby
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Don’t Boots and WHS do plain ham and plain cheese sandwiches. My daughter is a monumental food fuss and we always manage to get her a sandwich of some description air side. She won’t touch plane food.
Old 8 Dec 19, 07:01 PM  
Link to this Post
teamsingo134
Trying for More Ears

Mobile

Originally Posted by scoobydooby View Post
Don’t Boots and WHS do plain ham and plain cheese sandwiches. My daughter is a monumental food fuss and we always manage to get her a sandwich of some description air side. She won’t touch plane food.
She drives us crazy. 95% of Ham is the wrong type and she won't go near cheese. Yet she will eat the worst, plastic/cooplands "sausage" rolls

Mainly I think with packed sandwiches it's because she doesn't know what's in it so she won't touch it.

We will probably look at the fruit platter for her.
teamsingo134 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Dec 19, 07:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Nannad
Apprentice Imagineer

We are getting sandwiches from boots, as the children might not like the plane food, and or may want to eat at different times the food is given out
Nannad is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Dec 19, 12:47 AM  
Link to this Post
dixonsontour
VIP Dibber

dixonsontour's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 12
The kids meal is pasta in tomato sauce. WH smith do simply ham and simply cheese sandwiches - just white bread and filling no additional stuff.
dixonsontour is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Dec 19, 10:49 AM  
Link to this Post
Wigan Lass
Imagineer

VA kids meal is always cheesy pasta.

My kids don’t like plane food, and neither do I tbh. We order the fruit platters and supplement with sandwiches and snacks brought from home.

For the return journey I make sure they’ve eaten a good meal before we board and order fruit platters...this time they didn’t touch them as they slept
Yacht Club October 2017
Contemporary October 2019
Wigan Lass is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Dec 19, 06:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinklebell
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by teamsingo134 View Post
My daughter doesn't like any food that has any kind of sauce on it. I've been looking at sample menus for the flights in cattle class and wondered if anyone had any tips on what choice would be best to pre order for her?

She likes most things, chicken, pasta, rice, veg, fruit but just no sauces.

She can survive on snacks etc from the airport but we would like her to have something on the plane if possible. She won't even eat a plastic boots sandwich as they "mix things up" and put mayo etc on
Is Pre-ordering something new? Not seen that before. Could you bring something from home for the flight that you know she would eat>
Tinklebell is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Dec 19, 10:05 PM  
Link to this Post
jlbf06
Apprentice Imagineer

Sorry to jump in but my son is just the same as the OP dd - doesn't eat sauces. I've tried to pre-order the fruit platter but can't see it as an option on the VA website?
jlbf06 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Dec 19, 05:15 PM  
Link to this Post
7SeasSailor
Imagineer

If you order the fruit platter then all he will get is the fruit, no pudding. The meals have got to be in sauce so that they can keep them warm in the ovens otherwise the meals would just dry out.