Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 23 Sep 19, 05:29 AM  
Link to this Post
Allstar_xo
First POST

Mobile

We were due to fly out to Orlando from Glasgow in 5 hours time. Gutted isn’t the word. All packed up and ready to go. But at least we can rebook for another time. Staff are waking up to no job. Sad times.

Anyone have experience on trying to get park ticket money back?
Allstar_xo is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Sep 19, 06:23 AM  
Link to this Post
jas72
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by OrlandoLes View Post
We have flights only booked via TC airlines that when I go into My Booking via the original booking email show as normal & no references at all to not flying.
Do you think this is just a case of not being updated yet?
There’s some info around about Condor asking for loans to keep them going as a separate entity & if your flight ref starts with a DE then it is a Condor flight - ours start with MT...
I’ve found Virgin flights for only a little more than we paid TC Airlines (on CC) so wondering whether to book these?
They are finished get rebooking. More info on bbc app top story.

Sad to see it but happen I really dont know how travel agents survive these days.

Old 23 Sep 19, 06:29 AM  
Link to this Post
HevaDuck
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

So sad for all those affected by this especially those who were about to go on holiday 😥
HevaDuck is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Sep 19, 06:40 AM  
Link to this Post
salmon70
Imagineer

Mobile

So sad to hear this. We've always booked the majority of our holidays with TC and have only just returned from Florida. Can't believe we won't be flying with them again, very sad times and even more so for the poor staff involved. They all have bills to pay like the next person and I wish them luck 🤞.
salmon70 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Sep 19, 06:41 AM  
Link to this Post
FirstTimeDisney
Surfing at Typhoon Lagoon

Mobile

Originally Posted by OrlandoLes View Post
We have flights only booked via TC airlines that when I go into My Booking via the original booking email show as normal & no references at all to not flying.
Do you think this is just a case of not being updated yet?
There’s some info around about Condor asking for loans to keep them going as a separate entity & if your flight ref starts with a DE then it is a Condor flight - ours start with MT...
I’ve found Virgin flights for only a little more than we paid TC Airlines (on CC) so wondering whether to book these?
Book them now if they're not much more. Otherwise someone else will.

We go in 3 weeks. I got up in the early hours to rebook. Paid £500 more than my TC flights and now travelling indirectly. I have read that you can claim the initial flights plus any additional cost incurred on your cc. Hope it's true.
FirstTimeDisney is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Sep 19, 06:45 AM  
Link to this Post
lorrie36
VIP Dibber

We were also caught up in the Travel City Direct going under , stressful times.
My son was due to fly out to join us on our holiday next month. We are with virgin, he was with TC, flights to replace his are a ridiculous price.
I’m waiting to be told my Lyk card is ok.
So sad for those working with them, I’m sure there were many staying up with the news last night, then to find out they’ve lost their jobs via the news. 😞
So sorry for those who were due to use them for their holiday 😞

lorrie36 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Sep 19, 07:02 AM  
Link to this Post
disneyfangirl01
Getting Excited

Mobile

Anyone with flights only booked and is a bit of a divvy like me and didn't pay on credit card, I paid on starling debit card having just spoke to them they have taken my invoice for my flight and registered a chargeback claim.
disneyfangirl01 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Sep 19, 07:36 AM  
Link to this Post
RickT
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by disneyfangirl01 View Post
Anyone with flights only booked and is a bit of a divvy like me and didn't pay on credit card, I paid on starling debit card having just spoke to them they have taken my invoice for my flight and registered a chargeback claim.
You will be covered under your travel insurance under the end of supplier failure etc.
Las Vegas 18 - Florida 18 -Holland 18 -Bratislava 18 -Florida 17 -Holland 17 -Rhodes 17 - Kos 17 - France 16-Belgium 16-Holland 16-Germany 16-Sopot Poland 15-Kos 15-DLP SQL 15-Hampton Lakes 14-Hamburg 14- Berlin 13-WestRidge Villas 12-Krakow 12-France 11-Turkey 11-Germany 10-Marbella 10-Jamaica 09-Dublin 09-Dublin 08-Paris 08-Zante Villa 08-Egypt 2008-Rhodes 2008-Sweden 08-Norway 08-Rhodes 07- Huatulco Mexico 07-DLP Magic Circus 2007-Dublin 2007-Sweden 07-Greece 06/05/04-Barcelona 04-Rhodes 02
RickT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Sep 19, 08:15 AM  
Link to this Post
IndianaMac
Imagineer

Such sad news

Our last five holidays (four to Orlando) were all booked through our High Street TC, and always the same lady. My heart goes out to she, and her hard working colleagues at the coal-front. Ditto, pilots, crew, airport staff, reps etc... so sad.

Our trip next August is obviously lost, though Mrs Indiana's quick action has secured us another holiday yesterday as the TC collapse was looking inevitable. It's cost us a few bob more, and we're obviously out of pocket at the mo with the DD instalments to TC, but we'll get that back from ATOL in plenty of time before the balance is due on our new hol.

I appreciate others are not so lucky to have the luxury of time to rebook. So sorry for those in that situation.

One rhetorical comment, not for debate at all, so no bun-fighting please... someone's making money out of this. Fosun's money was in place; Wolves' money was in place. Then the demand for £200M more? Some monied Gordon Gekkos will be getting richer from others' loss. It stinks.

Edited at 09:24 AM.
IndianaMac is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Sep 19, 08:41 AM  
Link to this Post
cambsno
Serious Dibber

Inevitable I guess as their business model was outdated.

We have TC flights booked as part of a package with a Villa through James Villa Holidays. Wife booked and will call them later today, am expecting that we will simply get a refund on the whole lot (unless they offer flights the same day with someone else). I guess that we cant be made to pay extra (i.e. they wont refund but insist on extra £xxx for alternative flights)?
cambsno is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List