Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 5 May 17, 08:37 PM  
Link to this Post
miss_piggy
Proud to wear my Ears

Originally Posted by Holiday-mum View Post
I'm having to take 2 with us which isn't great but would rather do that than pay to rent them. The kids are 2 and 5 so still need them. I will check them in and should come under our combined allowance.
Yes I'm with you, we definitely won't rent a car seat, I'm happy to check it in or take on board and if needs be will leave the stroller and buy a cheap one there if we find we need one
miss_piggy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 May 17, 08:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Saratoska
VIP Dibber

Saratoska's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
we bought a seat and brought our grandsons car seat who was about 14 months and took his car seat for the plane seat and also took his pram. we flew in premium

taking both was never an issue

I had emailed before hand

I think they did say it would count towards his allowance, although no one did weigh it, it weight 7kgs but we were in premium so he had plenty of allowance anyway

here was they email

Thank you for your email about Car Seats.

I've checked and can confirm that the child car seats can be used for toddlers or children in accordance with the age, weight and height ranges that are recommended with the manufacturer. It?s the parents? responsibility to make sure the seat is suitable for their child. You'll also need to make sure you bring a car safety seat that meets the following criteria:

Conforms to British safety standards
Has a restraining harness
Can be fixed facing forwards on the seat
Must not be wider than 40cm or 16"
Instruction leaflet should be carried with it.
Carry cots and deluxe child car seats aren't suitable.

I hope this information answers your query, but if you have any other questions then you're welcome to get back in touch. I hope you have a lovely day ahead.

Kind regards,

Saratoska is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 May 17, 07:04 AM  
Link to this Post
miss_piggy
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

Originally Posted by Saratoska View Post
we bought a seat and brought our grandsons car seat who was about 14 months and took his car seat for the plane seat and also took his pram. we flew in premium

taking both was never an issue

I had emailed before hand

I think they did say it would count towards his allowance, although no one did weigh it, it weight 7kgs but we were in premium so he had plenty of allowance anyway

here was they email

Thank you for your email about Car Seats.

I've checked and can confirm that the child car seats can be used for toddlers or children in accordance with the age, weight and height ranges that are recommended with the manufacturer. It?s the parents? responsibility to make sure the seat is suitable for their child. You'll also need to make sure you bring a car safety seat that meets the following criteria:

Conforms to British safety standards
Has a restraining harness
Can be fixed facing forwards on the seat
Must not be wider than 40cm or 16"
Instruction leaflet should be carried with it.
Carry cots and deluxe child car seats aren't suitable.

I hope this information answers your query, but if you have any other questions then you're welcome to get back in touch. I hope you have a lovely day ahead.

Kind regards,
Thank you so much for that, I have dropped Thomson an email so that if there is any problem at the airport I will have some to refer to.

Thanks for your help everyone 👍
miss_piggy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 May 17, 08:37 AM  
Link to this Post
lilo82
Imagineer

Mobile

when my little one was smaller we took a fly safe it was us flight approved and looked like a back pack which had a 5 point harness we just sold ours this year for double what we paid for it.
lilo82 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List