Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 20 Nov 17, 08:49 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

Worth every penny. If I couldn't afford PE, I'd just travel less frequently rather than downgrade. Last few flights have been on miles though, so only taxes (£400ish return) to pay.

I feel the same about paying more for posh hotels as well. Too old to put up with rubbish now!
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Nov 17, 09:33 PM  
Link to this Post
unixgirl
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by loldis View Post
Worth every penny. If I couldn't afford PE, I'd just travel less frequently rather than downgrade. Last few flights have been on miles though, so only taxes (£400ish return) to pay.

I feel the same about paying more for posh hotels as well. Too old to put up with rubbish now!
I'm with you, prefer quality over quantity and though I happily slept on people's floors/ stayed in youth hostels when I was younger, now its a nice hotel room every time. I feel the same about PE - whenever I have a choice I book PE. Prefer the room, the comfier seat, the quieter cabins and not being bashed by the trolley as it passes up and down the cabin.
unixgirl is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Nov 17, 10:24 PM  
Link to this Post
orlandonewbie
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by mike230652 View Post
All I can say is thank goodness we'd booked PE seats!

Had to divert to Gander en route to Manchester from MCO on our return trip earlier this week, due to some poor chap being taken very ill, and resulting in a 2 1/2 hour delay... at least in PE seats our bums weren't numb and we had room to move and stretch our legs since the pilot kept the seatbelt warning on throughout! That alone made the cost worthwhile.
We were on the same flight home! And we said exactly the same about the seats.

I could hear the cabin crew discussing the plans behind me and they thought for a while they were going to have to stay in Gander while the pilots had a break. Apparently there aren't enough facilities for 450 passengers at the airport though. Thank goodness they managed to keep going!

I wonder whether there would be anyway to find out how the man is, I was really worried about him.
orlandonewbie is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Nov 17, 02:46 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by orlandonewbie View Post
We were on the same flight home! And we said exactly the same about the seats.

I could hear the cabin crew discussing the plans behind me and they thought for a while they were going to have to stay in Gander while the pilots had a break. Apparently there aren't enough facilities for 450 passengers at the airport though. Thank goodness they managed to keep going!

I wonder whether there would be anyway to find out how the man is, I was really worried about him.
Hopefully, he's recovered now. Must have been terrible for him and his partner.
I also wonder how the two muppets who checked their luggage in then forgot to get on the flight managed to get home... how the heck do you that?
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Nov 17, 06:59 PM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

I am the exception here as I was very disappointed in PE. I did not like the immovable arm rests, I did like the foot rest but as I have long legs I had to put my feet down if I put the tray up or my knees pushed it and I thought the food was the same old same old but served up better.
I do like nice hotels tho.
EssexSue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Nov 17, 07:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Tdawber
Trying for More Ears

Mobile

Who needs prem economy when u can stay in the bubble which is literally behind PE. Get extra leg room in the bubble and it's no different imo.
Tdawber is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Nov 17, 08:36 PM  
Link to this Post
unixgirl
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Tdawber View Post
Who needs prem economy when u can stay in the bubble which is literally behind PE. Get extra leg room in the bubble and it's no different imo.
I've done economy in the bubble and PE both in the bubble and downstairs - they are very different products
unixgirl is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Nov 17, 08:50 PM  
Link to this Post
ChrisS
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Tdawber View Post
Hiya Tdawber... significant difference for us, we'd peeked in the PE cabin and didn't notice much difference, unfortunately as economy was severely hard on my back damage our choice came down to no more flying or try PE, never looked back. Once we sat in the seat we realised it's value; a bigger, supportive, seat that comes to the back of your knees and a handy foot rest. The 21" of PE width vs 17.5" is very evident once your bum is parked in that seat.

One size doesn't fit all and economy was torture for us, me in particular. We were pleasantly surprised, I remember doing a daft bottom dance in my seat the first time I sat in PE, previously we had to carry a shoe horn to get me in an economy seat
Old 21 Nov 17, 09:33 PM  
Link to this Post
orlandonewbie
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by mike230652 View Post
Hopefully, he's recovered now. Must have been terrible for him and his partner.
I also wonder how the two muppets who checked their luggage in then forgot to get on the flight managed to get home... how the heck do you that?
Apparently they checked their luggage at Disney Springs then hadn't turned up to the airport... I was pretty tempted to not come home myself so I can't blame them!
orlandonewbie is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Nov 17, 10:26 AM  
Link to this Post
TORIMS
VIP Dibber

We have booked PE for our flights to NYC in August! Looking forward to it, particularly if I can get some sleep on the way home! I can never get any sleep in economy!
Vicki x

Edited at 10:29 AM.
TORIMS is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List