Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 19 May 18, 02:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Jessika
Apprentice Imagineer

I had a Quincy zapp which folded into a small bag which was cabin size. Not sure if these strollers are still on the market but was fab, super lightweight and daughter found it very comfortable, there was no back facility but wasn’t an issue for us.
Jessika is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 May 18, 03:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Kraken
Imagineer

I have taken carry-on bags into the Upper Class cabin that are slightly bigger than the official dimensions without even a bat of an eyelid from the ground crew. (May have helped that I was familiar with the Flight Service Manager if there was a problem though!)

Back in about 2004 I did a LGW-MCO (before I knew the FSM) in Economy and my carry-on was 1.5kg overweight. The check-in agent allowed it, but gave me a mini-lecture not to add any purchases to it once airside, bar a newspaper. Needless to say the ground staff at the boarding gate could not have cared less and I was waved onboard without any further checking / weighing (& this was before Virgin put those "Approved cabin baggage" tags on your carry-ons).
Kraken is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 May 18, 04:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Mkek31
Trying for More Ears

Mobile

Originally Posted by Jessika View Post
I had a Quincy zapp which folded into a small bag which was cabin size. Not sure if these strollers are still on the market but was fab, super lightweight and daughter found it very comfortable, there was no back facility but wasn’t an issue for us.

Was this with Virgin Atlantic?
Mkek31 is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 May 18, 11:01 PM  
Link to this Post
act1980
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Mkek31 View Post
Does anyone have any past experience of taking a small collapsable stroller such as the Baby Jogger City Tour and storing it in the overhead bins rather than the hold?

Flying with Virgin Atlantic in November and getting conflicting answers.

Thanks.
I have a Baby Jogger City Tour and took it on a VA plane this month. We even unfolded it once we’d landed and pushed it down the aisle of the plane! ☺️

We had no problems with staff members querying it.

HTH.
Old 20 May 18, 08:11 AM  
Link to this Post
Macfam
a Friend of the DIBB

Mobile

We took a babyzen Yoyo onboard. They questioned it whilst we were dropping our suitcases off but they were happy for us to take it on board. We were in the bubble so the flight attendant stored it in the larger luggage compartment up there.
So helpful having the buggy for immigration. Our older child ended up in it and we carried the baby!
Macfam is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 May 18, 12:52 PM  
Link to this Post
precious
Helping Mickey

we also took babyzen yoyo couple years ago fitted on overhead locker fine and was great putting little one in straight away after getting of the plane and not having to carry her x
precious is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 May 18, 12:54 PM  
Link to this Post
waiting4disney
Imagineer

Mobile

Only time we were allowed to take our buggy on was when we used our miles to upgrade to upper
Old 20 May 18, 05:20 PM  
Link to this Post
laurac1988
Imagineer

You can if it fits hand luggage dimensions. We took our mothercare XSS stroller on the plane both on outward journey and homeward with VA last December. Although I think that and the babyzen Yo-yo are the only ones that go small enough if I remember rightly
laurac1988 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 May 18, 08:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Jessika
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mkek31 View Post
Was this with Virgin Atlantic?
Yes it was but was in 2012. I took it as hand luggage, it collapsed with the front wheel off into a very small bag, was fantastic and a very comfy stroller
Jessika is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List