Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 4 May 18, 09:18 PM  
Link to this Post
snowdrop100
Excited about Disney

we did just universal in Feb this year and didnt miss Disney. We LOVE Disney but enjoyed the break. it was different and certainly a different pace (we went to siesta key for a week).

we came to the conclusion that we love Florida and not just Disney.

upgraded to annual passes and now doing universal plus KSS and miami this Aug. we also want to check out the natural springs.

so much to florida more than just Disney.
snowdrop100 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 May 18, 06:25 PM  
Link to this Post
scottishnellie
VIP Dibber

scottishnellie's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
We go mid June for 3 weeks and are doing no Disney - which will be a first.

I am planning one day Disney resort hopping, and we have another day booked to do the Star Wars VR at Disney Springs so will explore and eat there then. But other than that we have 14 day universals with a couple of RPR and HRH stays booked to take advantage of FOLP, 1 day SW, 1 day BG, 3 nights at st petes beach and ami, then the rest will be seeing more places like celebration, Kelly state park, shopping, villa pool days.

I actually saw a groupon the other day for Horseriding and eventually decided against it thinking our ‘free days’ were becoming too few on my planner.

My biggest niggle though, is I keep wondering whether to do a day at Epcot on my own. I would so love a wander round the world showcase

Helen xx

Here's a link to all my previous trip reports since 2015
trip report list by year
scottishnellie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 May 18, 06:49 PM  
Link to this Post
WDWGunner25
slightly serious Dibber

WDWGunner25's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I just don’t think I could do it! That said I’ve clained the same thing about universal sea world and we haven’t done those the last two trips lol, I think missing out on Disney would be a step too far for us personally.

Holidays : Calypso Cay Amerisuites - June 2005 Animal Kingdom Lodge - Jan 2008 Comfort Inn Lake Buena Vista - Oct 2008 Howard Johnson Tropical Palms- June 2012 Ros and Jim's Villa - Oct 2013 All Star Sports - January 2014 Yacht Club Resort - October 2018
WDWGunner25 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 May 18, 06:55 PM  
Link to this Post
bmcdo
Getting Excited

Mobile

I thought we could do Orlando without Disney. Did 5 nights RPR and universal, 9 days fort Myers beach. Loved it so much but kids and husband were a tad bored at the beach. Last night I had booked CBR and as soon as we passed through the arch I cried like I had come home and we were so happy to be on site and so sad that it was for one night. As soon as we got back I booked 2 weeeks on site to get over it. I loved universal and I loved fort Myers but nothing compares to the Disney bubble ! If I did a split stay I would definitely have a full Disney week or two.
bmcdo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 May 18, 08:40 AM  
Link to this Post
crazydecorator
Trading Disney Pins

We are in a similar situation as others and saving for an extension. Did 2 weeks in 2017, hoping to go back in 2020. When we looked at European holidays for this year for the 4 of us they were easily £3.5k for a week in a hotel. So we’re not going anywhere this year, but then booked a Dibb villa on the coast for 2 weeks next Easter. Flights, car and villa all in for £3.5k. No Disney planned but actually excited about a couple of weeks chilling, seeing more of gulf coast (we did AMI last year) and likely do Busch gardens for the first time. Think with the extension we’ll need this type of break!

I think you have to try things out, there is lots of Florida to explore!
crazydecorator is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 May 18, 10:24 AM  
Link to this Post
BIGDENNIS10UK
Imagineer

Originally Posted by POFQfan View Post
My comments are in the context of having visited Florida 21 times which may make a difference...

We just returned from our second trip with no Disney tickets for the main parks - we did another in 2016. As big WDW fans we actually really enjoy having a much more relaxed pace. We buy an annual water parks tickets which costs around £100 each and then spend four or five days at the water parks - we love them.

We supplement this with days by the pool (we stayed at the Rosen Plaza this time), a few trips usually in the evenings to Disney Springs and some shopping at the outlets. We also love to visit some of the resorts so this time we booked a meal at Beaches and Cream and then wandered around the Boardwalk and watched the Epcot Fireworks, visited Wilderness Lodge eating at Geyser Point Grill and having a drink by the lake and - the best one of all - visited the Polynesian and had a drink at the Tiki Terrace listing to the Hawaiian music, watching the electrical parade on the lake and then watching the Magic Kingdom fireworks over the castle. If you do all this you don't have a problem with finding things to do in the evening.

By the time we have done all that, we find we really enjoy this kind of holiday. It's just a different pace to our full on all parks trips and highly recommended!
Any idea what time the electrical parade starts and the best place at the poly to watch it from?

Thanks
BIGDENNIS10UK is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 May 18, 11:09 AM  
Link to this Post
elmspenguin
VIP Dibber

We are trying it this August, we have 8 nights at Sapphire Falls then 4 at St Pete's finishing with 4 at Pop Century with no Disney tickets.

We decided to stay at Pop to get a little Disney fix, visit hotels, ride the monorail and Disney Springs. We are going to go to MNSSHP as well so will have 1 park visit. I have to admit to looking at 2 day tickets recently but so far have restrained from buying them. Think it helps that we only have 4 days when we could do Disney as we are not having a car at SF so no temptation to drive to Disney.