Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 26 May 18, 04:11 PM  
Link to this Post
disneydaft83
Trainee Dibber

I got a beach scarf from Primark for about £3. It's light enough to wear and looks nice but it's big enough to use instead of a towel for sunbathing or to be used as a blanket. I often feel the cold on the plane so it's handy to have.
disneydaft83 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 May 18, 06:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Tynxuk
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Northerndave View Post
Is the hassle of carting blankets to and from the states and 'wearing' them onto the plane really worth £5 ?

As it's October, just wear a hoody each onto the plane and use that instead?
I don't really see it a hassle taking them as if we choose to pay £5 each for the blankets we still have to take them around the airport on arrival. We'll no doubt be wearing hoodys/layers but want to take our own better quality blankets (mainly the 3x princesses) but not at the cost of our hand luggage (although I may be able to squeeze them in but worrying I won't at the moment).
Tynxuk is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 May 18, 08:23 PM  
Link to this Post
ScaryFairy
Earning More Ears

Mobile

Hiya,
I flew Norwegian to New York and have to say the flight was Freezing both ways! I could definitely have done with a blanket - they had run out or I’d of paid! They were really strict on hand luggage size and weight so I would say make sure you have the weight allowance for them just incase. That could just have been my experience though x
ScaryFairy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 May 18, 10:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Tynxuk
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by ScaryFairy View Post
Hiya,
I flew Norwegian to New York and have to say the flight was Freezing both ways! I could definitely have done with a blanket - they had run out or I’d of paid! They were really strict on hand luggage size and weight so I would say make sure you have the weight allowance for them just incase. That could just have been my experience though x
thanks for the input, we want to keep under the restrictions so will probably do a rediculously early test pack and weigh them.
Tynxuk is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 May 18, 09:56 AM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

We flew with them to Fort Lauderdale in March. The flight out was very cold. I had a long cardigan and pashmina on so was ok and didn't need an extra blanket but l To of people did buy them. They were really very strict on weights, including my handbag !
Coming back the flight was definitely warmer .
WileyCoyote is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 May 18, 11:28 AM  
Link to this Post
toonarmani
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 137
Originally Posted by Tynxuk View Post
thanks for the input, we want to keep under the restrictions so will probably do a rediculously early test pack and weigh them.
Why not just wear anything that you want to use on the flight at check-in then your hand luggage will be fine? You can then take off and put in luggage as needed and it won't affect the weight as it has already been checked.

You may be over-thinking it...
toonarmani is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 May 18, 01:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Tynxuk
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by toonarmani View Post
Why not just wear anything that you want to use on the flight at check-in then your hand luggage will be fine? You can then take off and put in luggage as needed and it won't affect the weight as it has already been checked.

You may be over-thinking it...
LOL this then swings back to my original question 'can we wear our blankets'? fleeces & hoodies can easily be tied around waists but blankets can only really be wrapped around shoulders, would this be acceptable?
Old 27 May 18, 02:57 PM  
Link to this Post
toonarmani
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 137
LOL this then swings back to my original question 'can we wear our blankets'? fleeces & hoodies can easily be tied around waists but blankets can only really be wrapped around shoulders, would this be acceptable?
Consensus seems to be take clothing rather than ‘wearing’ a blanket.
toonarmani is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 May 18, 06:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Alices Aunt
Imagineer

Mobile

Take a blanket and if challenged call it a shawl. I have a shawl wrap thing that is the size of a blanket. If I was worried I’d do that. I have a blanket scarf that does the trick for planes. Although the last couple have been surprisingly warm.
Alices Aunt is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 May 18, 06:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Apricota
slightly serious Dibber

Now we are on virgin and will probably bring a fleece blanket back on board with us to us. I am always cold.
Apricota is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List