Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 18 Jun 17, 06:31 PM  
Link to this Post

Does anyone know crowd levels for August 2017?

Hi

Can anyone tel me expected crowd levels for
17-24 August?

Does it differ per park?

Thank you so much
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jun 17, 06:38 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

TP is showing almost every day at a 6 with a couple at 5 and 7. Not a huge amount of difference per park on those dates. Again, mostly going between 5 and 7 but lots of 6s. For some reason the Tuesdays are showing as the busiest, only note is EMM at MK (doesn't affect crowds) but it's Epcot/HS that are showing as busier on Tuesdays anyway.

Edited at 06:39 PM.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jun 17, 06:38 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyYoda
Imagineer

Try the busy day guide link to the right of this page. Very useful.
DisneyYoda is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jun 17, 07:55 PM  
Link to this Post
bighal
Imagineer

Mobile

I would say busy.. The guides recently seen to be well off and based on old data. Disney is now generally busy all year round.

Next Trip Feb '24
Jun98 Apr99 Dec99 Apr00 Mar03 Jun/Jul04 Dec/Jan05/06 Jul06 Dec06 Jun/Jul08 Jun/Jul09 Jul/Aug11 Sep13 Jun/Jul14 Nov15 Sep16 Villa/BWV May18 Villa/BLT/AKL Sept19 Villa/AKL Feb/Mar20 AKL/SSR Sep22 AKL Apr/May 23 CS/CC/AKL Nov 23 SSR Feb/Mar 24 RR/BR
bighal is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jun 17, 08:18 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

Originally Posted by bighal View Post
I would say busy.. The guides recently seen to be well off and based on old data. Disney is now generally busy all year round.
Early reports I've been seeing is that so far (apart from the first few days of Pandora mania) summer has been quieter than expected, was also true last year. I think visitors are shifting to different times of year, especially as Disney adds events and festivals to the previously slow time to draw crowds.

Of course, I avoided Florida in summer (even when I lived there) so don't have first hand experience of August to compare to.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jun 17, 08:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Moorlandman
Imagineer

Moorlandman's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Free dining for USA visitors will mean Disney parks will be very busy. Universal is usually much quieter towards the end of August
Moorlandman is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jun 17, 08:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by loldis View Post
Early reports I've been seeing is that so far (apart from the first few days of Pandora mania) summer has been quieter than expected, was also true last year. I think visitors are shifting to different times of year, especially as Disney adds events and festivals to the previously slow time to draw crowds.

Of course, I avoided Florida in summer (even when I lived there) so don't have first hand experience of August to compare to.
I've just spoken to my friend who lives there and she says the parks are very busy. I can't see it slowing down so expect busy and if it's not it's a bonus .
Yacht club / Bahama bay oct/Nov 2019 , poly
Nov 2022 boulder ridge, Polynesian , AOA and Bahama bay
Sept 24 POFQ
Mexy02 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jun 17, 10:14 PM  
Link to this Post
dippiedawnie
Imagineer

We found it ok last year at that time. Busy 1st week but tailed off after. Pandora will probably pull more people in and Disney have started the MNSSHP in August and Food and Wine-that to me says it's usually quiet and they want people in. I got a 4 night stay at Bay Lake Tower for this year just a few weeks ago so I think the last few days you are there may be quieter. We are going back 16-1st Sept as found last August very manageable

WDW too many times to count
DL 1999
Paris 1996
dippiedawnie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List