Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 27 Mar 17, 10:54 AM  
Link to this Post
galaxy101
Getting Excited

Virgin Extra Leg Room Seat Dilemma

Just wondering if anyone could give me some advice please, we currently have seats 77 C H J & K booked in the bubble MAN to MCO. We are 2 adults & 2 children (both 12), I'm stressing about the leg room, extra leg room seats have become available 75 A&B the leg room look fantastic but I have read that the seats are narrower, I carry weight on my bottom half & these seats worry me incase they are tight It also means leaving my daughter & her friend in row 77!

Any advice would be really appreciated x
Old 27 Mar 17, 10:57 AM  
Link to this Post
Frankie & gang
Apprentice Imagineer

I've travelled several times in extra legroom they are not narrower. However exit row seats are. They do have tv's in arm & are narrower.
Row 75 is exit - my teens have them when we fly back from Vegas - we're the row ahead, in PE!

Edited at 11:01 AM.
Frankie & gang is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Mar 17, 11:00 AM  
Link to this Post
Cabbie
Imagineer

Cabbie's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Row 75 is an exit row which accounts for the extra leg room. The seats are an inch or so narrower as the TV monitor is stored in them as opposed to being on the seat infront of you.

-Steve
Florida-07,08,09,10,11,12,14,16,17,19,21,23 California-06,10,11,15,23,24 Vegas 12,13,15,22 New York- 05,08,12,17,23 Washington DC-09 Boston-07,10 Hong Kong-05,16 Tokyo-05 Dubai-09,14 Jamaica-12 Abu Dhabi-18 Shanghai-18 Toronto-19 Singapore-22
Cabbie is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Mar 17, 11:00 AM  
Link to this Post

I'm just under 6'2 and we had seats on row 78 in the bubble. The flight out was really comfortable with ample legroom for me. On the way back it seemed slightly more cramped for some reason, and the person in front reclined right back. Luckily the seat behind me was empty so I was able to tilt my seat a little too.

I'd say unless you're particularly tall you should be fine without the extra legroom.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Mar 17, 01:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Bats
Disney Cruise Line VIP!

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 13
Be aware as well that people can be very inconsiderate and stand where your feet are to stretch their legs. Not a problem in itself, but when they want to have a full on convo with their mate who's stood with them, it can get really annoying for those people who just want to sleep there!

*steps off soap box*
Old 27 Mar 17, 03:21 PM  
Link to this Post
KRBarnard
Very Serious Dibber

KRBarnard's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

Extra legroom seats are worth the money for me, particularly if you are paying to reserve seats anyway. I prefer extra legroom in economy to PE as seats in PE recline further and the seat pan moves so you end up with the person in front laying in your lap.

The exit row seats are awful in economy. You actually lose close to three inches bum space. I'm a size 14 and my husband is a 34" waist and we were wedged in and it was so uncomfortable having the remote in the side of the seat.
Gateway Inn '97 Radisson Barcelo '99 Quality Inn Plaza '01 Quality Inn Int'l '03 La Quinta Inns&Suites '05 B.W. Movieland '07 Holiday Inn '08 & '09 Indian Creek '10 & '11 Vista Cay '12 Rosen Inn @ Pointe and Miami '13 Vista Cay '13,'14,'15,'16 CBR '16 Tampa, POR & SSR '17 OKW + Vista Cay '18 Windsor Hills '19 Vista Cay'22
KRBarnard is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Mar 17, 05:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Thorpy
Imagineer

As above, extra legroom are worth the extra if yopu're planning on reserving seats anyway. I would prefer them over exit rows, as you ARE restricted in your ability to slouch at an angle in exit seats.
Old 28 Mar 17, 01:09 PM  
Link to this Post
galaxy101
Getting Excited

Thanks for all your replies, I'm going to stay in the seats I've reserved, didn't seem right leaving the girls think that's why I've been so indecisive
Old 28 Mar 17, 01:55 PM  
Link to this Post
SunbreezeFL
Imagineer

Why not book just the one exit seat and swap between you and your other half then keep the other 3 seats together - I have sat in 75A and it was great.
SunbreezeFL is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Mar 17, 03:29 PM  
Link to this Post

I always find Virgin seats very narrow, I'm a size 14/16 with wide hips and at times the seat dug in.

I like the Exit row, if you're tall it's perfect as you get to stretch your legs, I wouldnt get the exit row by the toilets as people do congregate once they've gone to the loo or have to queue there.

I wouldnt get the exit row close to the window either as you lose a bit of space due to the bulk head.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List