Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 26 Apr 17, 01:50 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by oeamon View Post
they still move your car to a secure compound within the airport
They won't have the keys to do so.

gatwickairport/parkin...minal-parking/
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Apr 17, 01:54 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by gavvy View Post
I though the premier inn use the official Gatwick valet- which drive your car to a different location and they state you can have up to 10 miles extra on the clock on return.

It's run by Vinchi though so they are a large and rep company.
Not the A23 premier inn, that is the premier inn next to the north terminal which has the valet
Old 26 Apr 17, 01:56 PM  
Link to this Post
oeamon
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by jenlou View Post
They won't have the keys to do so.

gatwickairport/parkin...minal-parking/
apologies I read it on the run and mis read the long stay bit. I was confusing it with the parking offered at the north terminal premier inn as apposed to the one on Airport way which uses long stay
oeamon is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Apr 17, 01:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Pinchy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by geoffa View Post
Much rather book an overnight stay at a hotel that gives us 15 days free parking. We always note the mileage before leaving car and in 15 years of doing this it has never been moved yet.
Yes you can get some excellent deals this way. I always use hotels that have a dedicated long stay self park area where I can safely park for a few weeks.
Pinchy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Apr 17, 02:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Pinchy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
We all have different views on this.
My car is worth Ł25K and no way am I leaving it where cars come and go and my doors get whacked.
The company I use photograph the entire car and the wheels. The same time as I am doing it!
Plus I have an in car dashcam so I know where its been and where its been parked.

My friend had a vintage Volvo that was immaculate. Trashed by passengers scraping through the gap with cases between him and the next car. Full respray needed.
It's the hassle of the fix and it never being absolutely right again that annoys me. I had a brand new Merc scraped at a top London hotel by a "valet" parking monkey. Never again.
Pinchy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Apr 17, 02:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Stitchfan626
VIP Dibber

I wish I hadn't read this thread! I've valet parking booked for Gatwick on Friday.

Travelling along with a 4 year old and 3 cases (plus hand luggage) I couldn't face the thought of parking and then having to get transport back to the terminal so I've paid for the convenience and I'll take my chances. I'm going with the 'official' airport parking service which I'm hoping will be relatively reliable!
1995 WDW (offsite) , 1998 DLP (Newport Bay Club), 2001, 2002, 2003 DLP (Hotel Hew York), 2004 WDW (offsite), 2005 DLP (Hotel Hew York), 2007 WDW (Grand Floridian), 2008 DLP (Hotel Hew York), 2011 DLP (Hotel Cheyenne), 2015 DLP (Hotel Hew York), May 2016 DLP (Newport Bay Club), December 2016 DLP (Sequoia Lodge Golden Forest Room), April 2017 WDW (Animal Kingdom Lodge), June 2019 DLP (Hotel Cheyenne), August 2019 DLP (Vienna Dream Castle), December 2019 DLP (Magic Circus)
Stitchfan626 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Apr 17, 02:26 PM  
Link to this Post
angelbabe
Imagineer

It doesn't matter where you park, if you have a nice car, someone will dang it. Whether it's jealousy or just plain carelessness, some people just can't help themselves :angry:
angelbabe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Apr 17, 02:34 PM  
Link to this Post
BigSkip
Imagineer

Just another scare story from the Daily Fail.

I'm happy to use the Gatwick Valet parking people, never had a problem.
BigSkip is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Apr 17, 02:34 PM  
Link to this Post

I don't mind the car parks so much for damage just them driving it as there is more chance of something bad happening.

We always try to park next to a couple of brand new cars and hope they love their cars enough as they are new not to dig ours but again you can't ever guarantee it. It could happen in any car park.

Where they have your keys where I have an issue.. I am sure 95% or more of the time its fine but that 5% is not worth the money saving for us.
Old 26 Apr 17, 02:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Stitchfan626
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by BigSkip View Post
I'm happy to use the Gatwick Valet parking people, never had a problem.
That's good to know.
1995 WDW (offsite) , 1998 DLP (Newport Bay Club), 2001, 2002, 2003 DLP (Hotel Hew York), 2004 WDW (offsite), 2005 DLP (Hotel Hew York), 2007 WDW (Grand Floridian), 2008 DLP (Hotel Hew York), 2011 DLP (Hotel Cheyenne), 2015 DLP (Hotel Hew York), May 2016 DLP (Newport Bay Club), December 2016 DLP (Sequoia Lodge Golden Forest Room), April 2017 WDW (Animal Kingdom Lodge), June 2019 DLP (Hotel Cheyenne), August 2019 DLP (Vienna Dream Castle), December 2019 DLP (Magic Circus)
Stitchfan626 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List