Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 3 May 17, 01:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Jaynew
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile Is it possible to get cheap direct flights from London to Florida during school holidays?

Im trying to see how cheaply we could do Florida again.

It needs to be during the school holidays but I don't mind which -whichever is cheapest.

Hit me with your school holiday flight prices please, direct preferably and the cheaper the better. I don't mind the kids missing one or two days school maximum.

If you could tell me roughly when you booked to get those prices it would be much appreciated.

Thanks x
Old 3 May 17, 01:58 PM  
Link to this Post
DFussy
Very Serious Dibber

We booked 31/8/16 for 2/8/17 2 weeks, direct LGW to Orlando Int with BA at £680 per person - using kayak to find, and booking a Iberia coded flight through Opodo. We were happy at this price in the hols direct with a mainstream carrier. Indirect flights are usually cheaper.

However, in the weeks after booking, looking at the DIBB, loads of people booked really good BA deals some paying high £300's for flydrives with BA.

Xmas and Easter are supposed to be really busy in Orlando (although the weather might be less sweaty) - Summer hols gives you the option of a longer trip if you want, or be more flexible with dates to get a good price. Most accommodation etc will get cheaper mid Aug, as the americans go back to school then.

Good luck finding your flights.
DFussy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 May 17, 02:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Jaynew
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by DFussy View Post
We booked 31/8/16 for 2/8/17 2 weeks, direct LGW to Orlando Int with BA at £680 per person - using kayak to find, and booking a Iberia coded flight through Opodo. We were happy at this price in the hols direct with a mainstream carrier. Indirect flights are usually cheaper.

However, in the weeks after booking, looking at the DIBB, loads of people booked really good BA deals some paying high £300's for flydrives with BA.

Xmas and Easter are supposed to be really busy in Orlando (although the weather might be less sweaty) - Summer hols gives you the option of a longer trip if you want, or be more flexible with dates to get a good price. Most accommodation etc will get cheaper mid Aug, as the americans go back to school then.

Good luck finding your flights.
Thanks. We've just got back and I can't wait to go again. Not keen on the summer hols but it might be our only option so just wanting to see how cheap we could get it. We would be looking at 2018 so plenty of time to look.
Old 3 May 17, 02:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Zetta65
Trainee Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 37
I booked in October flash AA sale 13.8.17 for 2 weeks 8 adults for £321 each.
BA Gatwick to Tampa
AA Tampa to Heathrow via Charlotte.
Zetta65 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 May 17, 04:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Jaynew
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Zetta65 View Post
I booked in October flash AA sale 13.8.17 for 2 weeks 8 adults for £321 each.
BA Gatwick to Tampa
AA Tampa to Heathrow via Charlotte.
Wow that's good. Thanks. I will look out for flash AA sales.
Old 3 May 17, 05:25 PM  
Link to this Post
barbie5
Apprentice Imagineer

We booked in October with AA - direct BA flight LGW to MCO 10/08 then returning 03/09 mco to mia then lhr the flight to Miami is with American Airlines and the flight then to heathrow is BA £321 for adults and £247 for the children (the prices were only on the site for a few hours).

There are bargains to be had just need to keep checking on the dibb as often as you can as someone will post a bargain when they see it.

Christine
barbie5 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 May 17, 05:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Hodders
Very Serious Dibber

I booked in an AA sale, we went to Miami but you could get Orlando if you wanted to change.

We paid £1250 for 2 adults and 2 children. Dates are 15th August until 2nd September
Hodders is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 May 17, 05:50 PM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Mobile

We've paid £2400 for 4 flights, 2 nights in NEw York and 14 nights carhire. I can't really break out just the flight price but it was about £1800 I think.

It's Indirect via New York on the way out and direct back to Gatwick on return. We also have connections from Newcastle so 3 flights out and 2 back.
BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 May 17, 05:50 PM  
Link to this Post
sparkles18
Imagineer

We paid £1225.30 for 2 adults & 1 child for direct Iberia flights operated by BA from LGW to MCO 21/08-04/09/17 and booked them on 25/09/16.

Edited at 06:23 PM.
sparkles18 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 May 17, 06:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Beancounter01
Dancing with Tink'

I booked in the AA sale in October for 2 adults and 2 children for £1250. We are going to DC though from LHR and staying with friends both before and after Orlando- (although as others have said there were flights to Florida). We are going mid August for 3 weeks. We managed to get cheap internal flights for £600, so about £460 all in.
Beancounter01 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List