Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 5 May 17, 03:11 PM  
Link to this Post
wpalmer
VIP Dibber

AA Orlando Manchester via Philadelphia

Hi
anyone done a short layover time returning on this route?

AA have moved our flights to 13.35 departure from Orlando. Was 17.00 originally via Chicago.

Have the option to change to flying back via Philly. 17.15 from Orlando landing at 19.42. Next flight Philly to Manchester 20.55.

Trying to balance having way more time at our villa on the last day with the risk of missing the connection and having to wait in Philly.

thanks

will
wpalmer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 May 17, 05:00 PM  
Link to this Post
travelgirl
Excited about Disney

travelgirl's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
We are on the flight to Philly and are worried about the time after the delay we had 2 weeks ago coming to Orlando, I rang AA to try change to an earlier flight but they wanted $200 each to change and said we had plenty of time to catch the flight. We shall see on 8/6 😱
Old 5 May 17, 05:12 PM  
Link to this Post
wpalmer
VIP Dibber

Transfer time.

Originally Posted by travelgirl View Post
We are on the flight to Philly and are worried about the time after the delay we had 2 weeks ago coming to Orlando, I rang AA to try change to an earlier flight but they wanted $200 each to change and said we had plenty of time to catch the flight. We shall see on 8/6 😱
Thanks. It would be good to know how it goes for you. AA have changed our flight time out of MCO 4 times since we have booked so have offered to change our flights FOC. Might hold fire for a bit and see how you get on! No real options till the next day if we miss the connection...
wpalmer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 May 17, 06:28 PM  
Link to this Post
casterton
Apprentice Imagineer

Hi Will,

We came back on the 5.15pm flight via Philly last November . We were 30 mins late leaving MCO and just got the Manchester flight by the skin of our teeth so I would try to get an earlier flight should I fly that route again.

Hope this helps
casterton is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 May 17, 06:45 PM  
Link to this Post
wpalmer
VIP Dibber

Transfer time.

Originally Posted by casterton View Post
Hi Will,

We came back on the 5.15pm flight via Philly last November . We were 30 mins late leaving MCO and just got the Manchester flight by the skin of our teeth so I would try to get an earlier flight should I fly that route again.

Hope this helps
Thanks Dave. Probably will err on the side of caution.
Old 5 May 17, 07:08 PM  
Link to this Post
elmspenguin
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by wpalmer View Post
Hi
anyone done a short layover time returning on this route?

AA have moved our flights to 13.35 departure from Orlando. Was 17.00 originally via Chicago.

Have the option to change to flying back via Philly. 17.15 from Orlando landing at 19.42. Next flight Philly to Manchester 20.55.

Trying to balance having way more time at our villa on the last day with the risk of missing the connection and having to wait in Philly.

thanks

will
I had the same thing with my flights I chose the flight at 5 to Chicago and it gave us a 3 hour wait in Chicago but they then moved us on to the 1335, so I changed to one via Phl leaving at 430 which gave us about 2 hours to connect and they then cancelled that flight and put us on the 515 from mco giving us 1.15min to connect in Phl.
It is less than I wanted but we like a full morning in mk on our last day so going to go with it. Hopefully everything will run on time.
Old 6 May 17, 12:01 AM  
Link to this Post
OnOurWay
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by elmspenguin View Post
I had the same thing with my flights I chose the flight at 5 to Chicago and it gave us a 3 hour wait in Chicago but they then moved us on to the 1335, so I changed to one via Phl leaving at 430 which gave us about 2 hours to connect and they then cancelled that flight and put us on the 515 from mco giving us 1.15min to connect in Phl.
It is less than I wanted but we like a full morning in mk on our last day so going to go with it. Hopefully everything will run on time.
We were also changed to the 5.15pm flight, but when I rang AA the guy I spoke to was really surprised as he said that the connection time was shorter than their own recommendations and as a result they changed our flight FOC. Disappointed though, not to have more time in Florida on our last day, but would rather be sure of getting home as planned.
OnOurWay is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 May 17, 07:27 AM  
Link to this Post
svt153
Very Serious Dibber

Ours have been changed too. Booked with long connections on purpose. We now have just 2 hours on the way out and an hour on the return. Not sure whether to leave it or not.

Last year we flew with Delta through Atlanta and had a 3 hour connection on the way out, which was just right and again our return journey was changed to 40 minutes! We did it bit only because we literally had to walk off one plane and we're immediately at the departure gate where our next flight was boarding. Any delays though and we wouldn't have.

Not sure what to do.
svt153 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List