Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 26 Jun 17, 11:54 AM  
Link to this Post
Amiee89
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile Arghh dilemma. Opinions from the experts please?

We went to disney world for the first time this year and loved it! We did split stay ssr and villa. After looking i was going to wait last minute next year and hopefully get a 'cheapy' but after looking at disney world site and working out prices i have found that booking CBR and having all the disney perks (quidco, giftcard, free DDP, transport, magicbands, cheaper park tickets, 60 day fastpasses etc) i am thinking of booking 1 week at CBR then leaving 2nd week hotel and flights til next year (i know disney fab if need to move dates slightly) as we have only been once(may) and we are going summer holidays next year i just wanted peoples opinions on this idea? Is CRB rooms managable for a week with 2 adults, 2,6,7 year old children? So sorry its long winded well done if you managed to read the whole thing haha x
Amiee89 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jun 17, 12:00 PM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Many of us have booked the Disney part for next year already and are waiting to book flights.
As for five of you in one room ... I would say you know your own family better than anyone
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jun 17, 12:37 PM  
Link to this Post
RM2016
Imagineer

RM2016's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
I personally wouldn't do it ever again in such a cramped room but your kids are still fairly young and you won't get away with it for much longer. If you feel it's going to work nothing wrong at all with getting Disney booked. Have you checked prices for Fort Wilderness Cabins, would give you a bit more space.
RM2016 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jun 17, 01:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Amiee89
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Unfortunatly fort wilderness and OKW is at least an extra £1000 for the week. I am hoping because it is only a week, they are quite young and we will all be shattered from the parks we manage. Only considering disney for all the perks it does make things a little easier with the children (transport, been close by to parks, free dining on site, fastpasses were a massive thing for us this year etc) x
Amiee89 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jun 17, 01:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Mallky555
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

We managed five in a room at cbr when the kids were little without issue as we were never in the room hubby would go and have a pint when it was time for the kids to go to sleep and we would all be sound asleep before he got back haha
Mallky555 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jun 17, 01:43 PM  
Link to this Post
tracey1302
Imagineer

tracey1302's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
If your kids are that young, I would go for it. CBR is a beautiful resort - despite the refurb going on at the moment!
tracey1302 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jun 17, 02:55 PM  
Link to this Post
lisad
Excited about Disney

My boys (aged 3 and 6) loved CBR, it's beautiful and the resort itself feels very spacious!

But we did struggle with 2 weeks in one room. It was fine sleeping wise, but there really isn't enough space for two weeks' worth of luggage.

I think 1 week would be fine though. For our next trip we are planning 1 week onsite and then 1 week in a villa. I'd take less luggage too, as the washing facilities at CBR are great.
lisad is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jun 17, 03:52 PM  
Link to this Post
wozza
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

We did 2 weeks one room at POR kids aged 15, 11 and 4. It was honestly fine! You're hardly ever in there!
Port Orleans Riverside/Cocoa Beach October 2018
wozza is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jun 17, 03:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Bianca
Imagineer

I have no idea how costs might compare, but have you looked at a studio in OKW? The rooms are bigger for people and luggage (I'm assuming 2yr old would go in travel cot) and you'd have the roomier balcony to relax on when littles are sleeping. ...Also, you'd get the DDP rather than the QSDP (at CBR) which would help if you want to do any character meals.

Just a thought...

“I cannot discover that anyone knows enough to say definitely what is and what is not possible", Henry Ford

Contemporary Resort - Disneyland Hotel - Treehouse Villas - Vistana - Youth Hostel Anaheim - Quality Inn Intern'l Dr - Port Orleans Riverside
Bianca is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jun 17, 04:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Amiee89
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

This year we stayed in ssr in a 1 bedroom and it really was a waste of money for what we used the room for we were never in it. I did see okw 1 bed on the list but studio option wasnt available so not sure if they fully booked now?

The first week with us being on site is going to be a very busy week with a slow paced 2nd week. POR is £300 more then CBR so nowt stuck between the 2. X