Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 23 May 18, 11:32 AM  
Link to this Post
jamieolivia15
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

We always arrive, go to somewhere for dinner (like maccies) and then go to publix for food. I’m usually struggling to keep my eyes open at 7/8 o’clock so we go back to the villa. The rest of my family either go to sleep, chill and play cards or go in the pool (my sister loves it). We’re usually up bright and early at 3/4am!
jamieolivia15 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 May 18, 07:06 AM  
Link to this Post
Palm trees
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by kellsbells View Post
We can barely manage to eat when we arrive we're so tired! I do envy those who have the energy to make it into a park Although we actually prefer to delay getting onto US time so we have lots of early mornings for the first week or so!
I'm with you on that one, Wal-Mart was VERY quiet when we got there before dawn on our first morning last trip! I saw some lovely dawns in the first few days
Palm trees is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 May 18, 10:49 AM  
Link to this Post
Adultdisneyfan
Excited about Disney

Mobile

We are always knackered but desperately try to stay up. That’s why we go to the parks - gets our adrenaline going.

First year we went we were in bed by 8pm. But then up at 3am and knackered again by 6pm.

We find staying up as late as possible and then sleeping as long as we need on first morning gets us acclimatised quicker.
Adultdisneyfan is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 May 18, 11:19 AM  
Link to this Post
princess-momo
Apprentice Imagineer

we got into our hotel, settled into the room, grabbed some food then by that time we were ready for bed
princess-momo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 May 18, 02:58 PM  
Link to this Post
rjhsteel
Very Serious Dibber

First night we shopped at Walmart’s then went for something to eat along international drive.
We were all shattered by 9ish so went back to the hotel to sleep for an early start at Magic Kingdom.
Holiday Inn Resort Orlando Lake Buena Vista 2023
LA Disneyland 2023
rjhsteel is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 May 18, 03:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Jakey Neverland
Imagineer

We landed same time as your flight does although we where held on the plane for just over an hour because immigration was full.

By the time we got car and to the hotel all we could muster up was to walk to the food court have some food and bed.
Old 24 May 18, 04:10 PM  
Link to this Post
novocastrian
Imagineer

2 hours to get off a plane/immigration/bags/transfer onto idrive!

whilst its doable there are so many variables i'd be amazed if you where in the hotel at 19:30
novocastrian is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 May 18, 06:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisbon
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
We just get some basic shopping ( as we are at the villa ) and also a quick meal, then off to bed.
Normally about 10.30 local time its like hitting a wall
Rob
Lisbon is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 May 18, 11:39 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Be wary of immigration times! We were on a flight landing at a similar time and it was about half 8 by the time we made it to the hotel. By then we were so knackered we just got food in the hotel, unpacked and then slept. Did mean we got an early start the next day though!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 May 18, 11:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Merryweather
Imagineer

You will be awake super early! On all of my WDW holidays we’ve been awake between 5 and 6 a.m.! Also by the time you get to the hotel and have dinner you will probably be really tired!